It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what is God, Jesus, Satan, Aliens, etc doing right this minute?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know many people here believe in the supernatural or have a religion that says there is a God somewhere, a Devil and risen Jesus. I have always found it bordering on the banal when I consider what they are actually up to right now in the present.

Is God right now just sitting there as usual being worshipped? Is that all God generally does? Is the Devil currently planning his next evil act of cunning or who He is going to seduce next, or may be he is just making a cup of tea or coffee. Are the aliens may be relaxing after Sunday lunch or repairing the saucer, or even making their sandwiches ready for work tomorrow?

All we know of God is that He sits there being worshipped and has may be spoken to a handful of prophets briefly in the last few thousand years and sent his son on an errand, knowing that He was gonna get killed. Is He ever actually busy? Does Jesus roll up His sleeves and get busy with the daily chores?

I wonder if you are understanding me here. Does it all look a bit suspicious when one applies common sense? How come we never get to know the daily routines of the great ones in the sky, lol?

Does God just sit there with choirs of entities singing songs to Him about how amazing He is all day and night? This does not sound like washing feet to me and being all humble and meek. I wonder if He sits there nodding in agreement, saying "Um, yes, that's right, I am rather omnipotent and great aren't I. Son, put the kettle on I'm parched with thirst and will you run down to the shop to pick up some biscuits?"

Increasingly, I find anything that humans have made up this way to be quite ludicrous. It is like in this modern age all delusion is fading in the light of practical common sense. Before it was only fear and control that kept people from burrowing their way out of the illusion and the veil is dispersing. All I am finding behind the veil of illusion is hum drum cold reality rapidly being fathomed by science. At least I can presume and guess what scientists are doing right now. Hum drum reality is a big comedown after being lied to and told of a Kingdom in the sky, angels and demons, eternity and all the other mumbo jumbo.

Sorry to lay this on you folks, but I am thoroughly and quite literally disillusioned. Is life really that empty once the illusion is penetrated? Is illusion actually built into us homo sapiens as part of a coping mechanism?

edit on 3-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

God is taking a well deserved nap, Jesus is checking his parachute, Satan is counting his money and the Aliens are crossing the border!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm hungover today, so I'm just hanging out watching Fringe on Netflix.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Those non existent beings are looking up (or down) upon us from non existent planes. And I don't mean aeroplanes. If we assumed they did exist I would say they are either watching or not. Depending if they still care about their insane experiment.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They're busy not existing

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Perhaps they are wondering, as I, after the "big stink" yesterday over the 9/11 forum why no one (save one brave member) is posting now that it is re opened?

Just saying!

I have no idea what any of those folks (devil, God, aliens, etc) would be doing except watching us which seems very boring and mundane...

There must be "things" involved with "running" a Universe...surely...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
We're a grand comedy show. Oh and that free will thing? Means we're unscripted

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
sitting about having a beer with the tooth fairy, Santa, the Easter Bunny and Yoda in a pub down diagon alley just down the road from Mordor having a good laugh at us all for still believing in them wondering what next fairy tale they can fool us with.

(apart from the Aliens who are just wondering how to best Probe Trump)
edit on 3-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

watching football....

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Haha! Everyone has got me laughing here. Thanks so much.

Yes, I expect running the Universe is quite a big concern, possibly even bigger than being Chairman of the Board of Shareholders for Walmart.

Where are us humans headed? What an odd collective journey it has been. I hope the Universe knows what it is doing because I sure as hell don't. Yes, it is a comedy of errors. Even evolution keeps fluffing up and having to take detours and has had some right old failures. Plenty of ideas it has come up with have ended up in the waste paper basket of extinction, lol.

I wonder why we never noticed evolution until Darwin came along? It is an obvious force and most worthy of reverence, awe and respect.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Our CREATOR is busy being ALL THAT IS. That's gotta be a tough row to hoe.....

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm guessing that God is preparing a thunderbolt for Jesus to lob in your direction whilst he's in his way to get those biscuits.

I wouldn't be you if you went out and bought the last of the Hobnobs...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm guessing you aren't looking for a serious answer? I'll give one anyway to pass the time though.

In Islam, one of God's titles translates into "Lord of the Worlds". Literally the 2nd line/ayat of the Qur'an calls Him this (Qur'an 1:2). The Ethiopian Christian name for God also translates into "Lord of the Universe". Seeing as how large the universe is, I think it's safe to say God's doing something else. Hominids have been around for a pitifully short amount of time when compared to the rest of the universe, so it's a bit arrogant of humans to think He would be focusing on us the whole time.

Another way to think about the spiritual realm is to imagine they are in a higher dimension than the 4th dimension. If that's the case, as I believe it is, our concept of "time" is meaningless to them. Beings in those realms would probably see us the same way we see video clips in a video editor. Likewise, they can probably interact with us just as easily as we can choose & "tweak" any scene from any episode in our favorite tv series (assuming we have access to the entire series, of course).

As for the Devil/Shaytan, our concept of him is different from the stereotypical view of him. He's not a creature that can take a physical form and run around destroying things on Earth. Otherwise, he would be doing that. His main ability in Islam is to speak directly to our spirits with the power of suggestion. In other words, he can't destroy us or God's Creations, but he can convince humans to do it. Basically, we believe he is the negative inner voice all humans have that encourages us to do something we know we shouldn't do (kind of like "intrusive thoughts").

So I guess a weird way to describe him would be a "radio station" in a separate dimension that beams wicked messages into our dimension. And human minds and/or spirits are "receivers" which can receive signals from that dimension. Different chemicals and rituals can increase our ability to receive transmissions from this dimension, and some people are naturally gifted/cursed with the ability to receive these types of transmissions more than normally.

I also suspect that if he beams out 1,000 different basic "programs", each human can only receive messages in areas where we are spiritually weak. So if you would never rape someone, his "rape" channels would completely bounce off of you. But if you're too prideful, his arrogance "channels" would resonate with you. This is why the main point of Jihad is to purify ourselves of our vices and negative traits (it's literally purging ourselves of his influence). The Qur'an says he was given a temporary delay in his own punishment, and that he'll be sentenced to Hell on the Day of Judgment. So he's spending his time trying to lead as many humans astray as he can until the Day of Judgment comes.

Hope that helps

edit on 3-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: syntax was all screwed up. i blame obama, romney, and ancient aliens

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: baglady333

God is taking a well deserved nap, Jesus is checking his parachute, Satan is counting his money and the Aliens are crossing the border!

Lololololololool

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They're riding magical unicorns or something. Who knows? Playing poker with the Keebler Elves?
Or maybe, just maybe, they're having some fun.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Cthulhu is angered that he falls under your 'etcetera' category and is in the process of rising from R'lyeh to personally explain to you why he should be listed with the others.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Sorry to put a damper on a fun thread, but the most likely answer is that God is probably bending some believer's ear and telling them to go out and kill or persecute people He disapproves of.

And there's no way to prove any different to the believer

edit on 3-1-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
He's also sending a Shoggoth or two.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
He's also sending a Shoggoth or two.

Ah, the blessed insanity approaches.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Is God right now just sitting there as usual being worshipped? Is that all God generally does? Does God just sit there with choirs of entities singing songs to Him about how amazing He is all day and night?

According to the luciferian MSM, yes...

The real question in my eyes is why do people believe it?

That is the REAL illusion right there.

They've demonstrated over and over that they are lying and have even admitted it...

So why the gullibility?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join