It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN to host Obama town hall on guns in America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Here's the thing though - I'm not sure Obama cares about that. He's enough of a narcissist that he might tell the party to go take a leap and do it anyhow as part of the transformation. Then the question is - does the Republican Party have enough control for TPTB in order for them to let Obama get away with it, or will they get rid of him?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Lumping everyone together?

How about criminals are immature with guns because I have never had any legal issues with any of my guns.

Good for you! but there are a lot of legal gun owners who can;t seem to keep track of them.
all of my guns were lost in a terrible boating accident!
they are all under yards of silt under 400 feet of water in lake texoma. It'll be a bit difficult for grabbers to dredge the lake to get 'em.

That's my story and i'm stickin' to it.
edit on 3-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Years of deadlock and blocking just because congress doesn't like the President is NOT what the framers planned. Republicans have said they would try to block ANYTHING Obama wants just because and in advance of even knowing what that might be. The framers could not have known of this outrageous slow down of government over years. It is either because Obama is not republican or that he is black. I cannot read their minds, so I won't hinge on either or both but it is at least one.

Barack Obama and the Democratic party had control of the White House and Congress from 2009 to 2011. During that time, they could have passed some gun control legislation. They could have passed an amnesty bill for illegal immigrants. They could have worked up some legislation to help gays, lesbians, and transgenders.

Instead, when they get the chance to push through any legislation they wanted, they chose the insurance company bailout program Obamacare. I think that says a lot about their priorities.

It's funny how those other issues aren't important unless there is sufficient opposition to stall them. It's also worth noting that this issue should come up when the Democratic party is desperately trying to find a reason to get people to vote for Hilary as opposed to just against whatever Republican candidate is selected.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Yes, he came back form vacation energized, I hope no more innocent people have to die because of it.

Chicago has had 34 shootings already for 2016 (as of right this minute).

I wonder how many nationwide shootings by criminals will happen during the CNN TV show?

I would like to see California police force go after the Guns in the streets of LA lets say the Gangs
People dedicated to crime, quite dedicated.
They have guns. Perhaps, just perhaps they got these guns from illegal sources, which would allow them to bypass the tightest registration laws. And, don’t forget, they shoot those guns. At people.
there's hoods where our LAPD wont even go at night
knock knock we've come to take your guns because some one reported you as a anger gang member....The state can deem someone as being unfit to be a gun owner if they are declared to be ‘a danger to himself or others

edit on 3-1-2016 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

I think Obama is planning a military style confiscation in the high crime areas.

He *WILL* prove his points very soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Obama is planning a military style confiscation in the high crime areas

How do you think such an operation would be implemented? What sort of order could he issue which would be Constitutional and thus allowed by the Court?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: madenusa

I think Obama is planning a military style confiscation in the high crime areas.

He *WILL* prove his points very soon.

gangs are a necessary…part of the drug business…and the drug business…must never be interrupted…because it makes a lot of money…for a lot of people…important people....

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: greencmp

a reply to: crazyewok

Most likely it would get shot down but after how many years and after how much money?

Yes, like the supreme court shot down the ACA.

But there is no amendment for or against that so the ability for the supreme court to shoot that down is limited as it would be a debate to say it was unconstitutional.

Im not saying its right or wrong. Just the constitution doesnt cover it.

Gun rights though it does and clearly.

But that's just it, anything not covered by the constitution is to be left to the states or the people.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why doi we register our cars every 2 years?

To collect a fee and to compel you to insure your vehicle (at least here in New Jersey).

Do the VIN numbers change?

Nope, but then again, driving is not a Constitutional right unlike the right to keep and bear bang bangs.

Having a registration number on your gun that is fairly current could help you if it is stolen and you need to prove you didn;t murder someone.

Around here, the state has to prove that you did murder someone, not the other way around.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

How about criminals are immature with guns because I have never had any legal issues with any of my guns.

Good for you! but there are a lot of legal gun owners who can;t seem to keep track of them.
all of my guns were lost in a terrible boating accident!
they are all under yards of silt under 400 feet of water in lake texoma. It'll be a bit difficult for grabbers to dredge the lake to get 'em.

That's my story and i'm stickin' to it.
if they take your Guns just remember, this is America there's a lot more where those came from.......

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So how does someone hold a town hall meeting for something that is considered a national issue?

Only someone with an ego as large as the entire country would think that could accomplish anything, because they are present.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I remember when the president was against EO's before he was all about them.

"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m president of the United States of America."- BO

Good for thee but not for me

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Maybe they are not focusing on the *REAL* sources of the problems?

Of course they arent focusing on the real sources of the problems

If they tell a lie long enough, people will begin to believe it. Thats all he'll be doing on CNN, continuing to babble on and on with his fake anger about dead Americans, (real anger about not being able to burn the constitution), all the while continuing the false narrative about the way criminals obtain guns.

'Criminals' being the key word there.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
They need to enforce the existing gun laws that are already on the books and leave us law biding citizens alone.

Enough..

The government are not going to get all our guns, to many of us have learned what other countries did after they disarmed their citizens.

What Obama is wanting to do is illegal and goes against the Constitutions.

When you have people who are afraid of their government you have Tyranny. We are afraid of our government and don't trust them any longer.

When the government is afraid of the people you have Liberty.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Criminals exist everywhere. I wonder why we have more criminals here?

It must be because we don't have enough guns! That's it!

*eye roll*

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Maybe they are not focusing on the *REAL* sources of the problems?

Of course they arent focusing on the real sources of the problems

If they tell a lie long enough, people will begin to believe it. Thats all he'll be doing on CNN, continuing to babble on and on with his fake anger about dead Americans, (real anger about not being able to burn the constitution), all the while continuing the false narrative about the way criminals obtain guns.

'Criminals' being the key word there.

Thank You.
Most of the time, if factions use their political power to supress
the truth of this gun matter-- to the point the real full time
criminals are almost given better weapons than the law abiding
people are legally allowed to own; and then try to tell me I'm: as
a law abiding citizen should have mine taken away, I have an
almost overpowering urge to call it
hypocrisy bordering on classical schizoid crapola.

Sorry about the mouthful but I read the thread and I'll attest to
being a retired tool maker that could but won't modify anybody's
shooskers. Drilling an upper/lower on a less sturdy tool than an
M4/16 and/or otherwise modding it is, from what I've heard a
great way to start some novel facial reconstruction at least.
I believe the slight drift should be allowed, thanks guys and gals mods.

Oh yeah, and when you give aid (like select fire military grade
REAL assault weapons) and comfort (as in we'll ignore the law
for this op)to an INTERNAL enemy like a cell or drug runner --
I'd love to call it High Treason too. But I don't know snake spit
about the law-- unlike that supposed constitutional law prof.

Seems a lot happened while I was bailing out my basement that
three weeks...hoo. I gotta geta generator.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
The government are not going to get all our guns, to many of us have learned what other countries did after they disarmed their citizens.

Obviously your not being extremely paranoid and overly dramatic at all.

Obama has never said anything about taking everyone's guns! He simply wants to shut down the loopholes which make it extremely easy for criminals to obtain guns and make the registration system for efficient and uniform, which would have a huge reduction in 'straw purchases'.

No ones looking to take guns away from so called 'law abiding citizens'. Obama just wants to make it harder for criminals to obtain them... I personally have serious concerns about the mental health of people who claim 'Obama's trying to disarm America', simply because he's advocating commonsense and more efficient gun regulations.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What loopholes Exactly?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
lol you got 19 flags because paranoid types are assuming you want their info on a list instead of maybe you just had a question and wanted to know others opinions... Pimps convince their hoes that they need them, they are their protection and care about them... while they rob rape and sometimes kill them. .gov thinks they are a pimp... don be a hoe

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Obama just wants to make it harder for criminals to obtain them...

Is it legal for criminals to obtain them now?

What is the answer?

Make it more illegal?

People complain about the number of criminals given the death penalty in Texas.

Commit first degree murder in Texas and you might get the death penalty.

Do murders still happen in Texas?

Are you opposed to the death penalty?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join