It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State militants kill five men it says 'spied for UK'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Islamic State militants kill five men it says 'spied for UK'

A video has been released online by so-called Islamic State, which it says shows the killing of five men who it claimed had been spying for the UK. A masked militant speaking with a British accent appears in the 10-minute film, threatening attacks in the UK. He says this is a message for Prime Minister David Cameron. A young boy is also seen speaking in English and talking about killing unbelievers. The propaganda video has not been independently verified. In the video, some of the men say that they are from Raqqa in Syria and another says he is from Benghazi, Libya, but none say they are from the UK. BBC World Service Middle East editor Alan Johnston said the video shows five men making what is claimed to be their confessions but they appear to be "speaking under the most extraordinary duress". "They may be entirely innocent," he added. One says he had been asked to provide information about the location of IS militants, possibly so that they could be targeted by air strikes, our correspondent said.

Well this is new although not surprising that those against ISIS would try to implant spies within their network in order to gain intelligence but it looks like we may getting a new Jihad John with this new masked English accent militant it also shows the desperate measures our forces trying if their putting spies within their midst in order to gather intel so I guess the current system isn't working correct.

Of course it could all just be IS propaganda but we really have no reason to doubt the West would be using spies

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Honestly this is probably 5 poor local guys ISIS didn't think where the right brand of Muslim for them and figured they would turn their killing into a publicity stunt. I bet these 5 guys didn't even know who SIS are let alone work for them

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree. It seems unlikely that SIS (Secret Intelligence Service - MI6) would risk putting people in with ISIS, the stakes would be unbearably high, for probably not much in the way of intel.. Besides which, having men in place within their ranks would prevent bombing runs against the targets they are supposedly providing intel on. We already know what happens to those who try to escape from ISIS once they realise they shouldn't have joined up, so it's unlikely that they could concoct a decent reason to be away from the group, which they would have to do if they were to call in bombing runs.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Of course the secret services have people embedded within ISIS. How do you think they targeted Jihadi John? How did they know his whereabouts at the time they disposed of him?

I would not expect the secret services to admit it though, otherwise they will be exposing others embedded.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Do you really expect them to have agents embedded? I thought it would be too high risk. It makes sense for them to be there, but wow, the risks are intense...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Do you really expect them to have agents embedded? I thought it would be too high risk. It makes sense for them to be there, but wow, the risks are intense...

I doubt they have agents directly embedded but rather assets that they have coerced/bribed/blackmailed into helping.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Western security services will have assents embedded in ISIS, just like they had people embedded in Al-Qa'ida I think though what is important to understand is that its not like the movies there is no secret agent having meeting with "M" (who is really "C") and then setting of to go undercover in ISIS with some gadget wizardry from Q thats just not how it works.

What actually happens is that SIS have field officers who recruit and turn members of ISIS to report intelligence back to them it is these "Assets" who actually do the spying and gather the HUMIT which is just really one small component of a winder intelligence effort.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"Pssssttt... We got lucky with the shipment of Earl Grey, but quit calling me Ted. It's Mohammad for the rest of the mission."

5 British spies. Puh-lease.

Our operatives have been working them the whole time. ISIS aren't catching western anything unless they're meant to.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I'll bet those guys who were executed decided against their idea to fight with isis (probably flew all the way there for that purpose) but it was too late to change their mind once they got there..and once they tried to go back home..well...

of course this is assuming that any one person in isis has a conscience.
edit on 3-1-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Who is is reporting this? Oh, the BBC… so theres that. The other thing sprang to mind is the way UBL was first an asset then a liability to the CIA.

This group of terrs fighting the Syrian army are led by someone the same as the Mujahideen were fighting the soviets in Afghanistan.

They always hire thugs to do the dirty work and then kill them after the work is done. They are too dangerous to be allowed to survive in the aftermath (and they might 'tell').

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Yeah for sure, but like othersideofthecoin suggested, it wouldn't be licenced to kill agents. These will undoubtedly be people who allowed themselves to become radicalised over a period of time, before going over to Syria.

If this video is legitimate and as far as the BBC are concerned, it hasn't, then undoubtedly it is in retaliation for Jihadi John's death. However, those that have been executed in the video, may have been recruited by any one of the secret services currently deployed in the region, including Iraq, Syria and Libya. Or just as likely it's staged.

Either way, even if it is never verified, the BBC have put it out there now and many will believe it to be true, regardless.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yeah, I believe ISIS all the time. Such a beacon of truth. ISIS have just killed another bunch of innocents, and that's the only factual thing about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Islamic State - a British guy.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The Telegraph has a more extensive article about it. It also depicts the picture and name of the new alleged "Jihadi-John" which sound British. Few excerpts from the article.

The key suspect in the hunt for the new ‘Jihadi John’ was able to travel to Syria with his wife and four children under the noses of the security services, despite being on bail for alleged terrorism offences, it has emerged.

The family of British Muslim convert, Siddhartha Dhar, last night admitted that the killer seen shooting a prisoner in the head in the latest Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isil) video, could be the 32-year-old former bouncy castle salesman from east London.

Both his mother and sister said they had watched the video, released by Isil on Sunday, and noticed similarities between the voice of the masked Jihadi and Dhar.

Speaking during the programme, which debated why British Muslims were joining the Islamic State, Dhar said: "For 90 years we have been without a caliphate and many of the rules within the Koran cannot be implemented. "So now that we have this caliphate, I think you [will] see many Muslims globally seeing it as an opportunity for the Koran to be fully realised".

Source

Regards

Seed

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Ninety years without a Caliphate?

Were the Ottomans considered a Caliphate? Certainly can't think of any other entity that would qualify.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Were the Ottomans considered a Caliphate? Certainly can't think of any other entity that would qualify.

Yeah!!! Probably the reference would the "The Ottoman Caliphate". According to wiki :

The Ottoman Caliphate, under the Ottoman dynasty of the Ottoman Empire, was the last Sunni Islamic caliphate of the late medieval and the early modern era.

Ottoman Caliphate

Regards

Seed

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

I'd never heard it called the Ottoman Caliphate...always Empire.

Thx.

new topics

top topics

join