It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Haunting - Need a bit of help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Been a long time lurker and had the odd post now and then, but I've decided i need to get some answers and who better than you guys.

For a number of years, pretty much about a year after we moved into our house which was in 2003, we started noticing little things which we didn't really take much notice until we started piecing everything together.

Most of the things happen when either myself or my wife is on our own, which at first we didn't believe each other and just dismissed it to the other person being over imaginative or tired at the time.

I'll try and list the type of things we've experienced in chronological order, this are the things that have happened from around June 2004 but i wouldn't be able to give dates or anything, just rough times.

JUNE 2014

Banging Doors

Heavy banging noticed by myself whilst in the shower, sounded as if someone was knocking the door vry hard and very loud, the typical 4 knocks most people do, but as if it was done with the flat of their hand with force. Took me about 30 seconds to get out the shower as it sounded urgent due to the loudness. looked out of my top bedroom window which looks down on my front door nothing, checked a CCTV montior i had in my man cave at the time and door was clear.

Our driveway opens out onto the street and within 30 seconds there's a big distance to cover if someone run.

Also check the back door which is in an enclosed garden that leads onto an open field again, the time i got out and checked and got to the back of the house i would have still been able to see them leaving.

Also though about the shower and pipes, tried turning it off and on a few times and got no similar noises.

Stepped back into the shower and left the door open to the bathroom and as soon as i got back in the 4 knocks, 4 very loud bangs echoed again. I turned off the shower and checked the doors again...and nothing.

This has never happened since. Once my wife had come home i got her to hit the front door as i think it sounded on the glass, and it sounded very close, but only when she banged it from the inside of the door not the outside.

Strange Smells

Perfume, Cigar Smoke are the two most heavy smells we get right up until present day. The cigar though is as if someone is blowing it directly at you from a very close distance. No body smokes or has smoked in the house since we moved in.

Perfume is only found under the stairs and kitchen. It's a very old smell, sweet and nothing my wife would wear.

Windows we're shut at the time and are double glazed with no drafts coming through, so tried to rule out anything coming from outside.

Bubbles

Both my wife and i have seen these.

One night both sat watching TV and from behind the set floated up a bubble, it was very clear and stayed on the same 'flight path', no wobbling or swaying or change of speed, as if it was on a track going from bottom to the top of the room.

There was no oily sheen that you normally find in childs bubbles. It was about the size of a tennis ball. Once it reached the top of the ceiling, it vanished into the ceiling, not popped, actually went into the ceiling.

Both of us we're gobsmacked and glued to our chairs just staring back and forth at each other.

I then witnessed this the next 2 days, one outside in the garden.....floated infront of me, no oily sheen, no wobbling, just still gliding across until it vanished through a fence.

The third was at Cardiff Millenium Stadium watching Oasis. We were stood quite a distance up the stands and noticed this bubble, three seats down, which i also showed to my friend, who was also shocked at it and how it moved straight without moving until it vanished through a post.

My first ideas on this was a kids bubble making machine or neighbors blowing bubbles, but this doesn't make sense for the one in the living room, still no idea how to explain.

Touching

I've been poked in my sides
I've had my forearms smoothed
I've had my face touched

My wife has had her faced touched and stroked (more than anyone else)
Taps on the shoulder

Father in law has had taps on the shoulder when doing maintenance inside the house

Visible Figures

I've not seen any actual figures, dark shadowy objects in my peripheral vision which vanish when i turn around

My wife on the other hand has seen and old man in our bedroom facing the corner of the wall, which i joked was i the blair witch, i didn't get a laugh back unfortunately, i had teary eyes from her and a single bed for a few nights. It really did scare her. All other times she hasn't been so bad when seeing the figure which is always in the same place in the room.

My little girl was born in 2007 and through her life of growing up she comes out with various things. After my mum passed away in 2009, she used to stair at the ceiling and point and say " door daddy door!" and then start to play peek a boo at the ceiling.

Laugh uncontrollably at corners of the room or when she was over somebodies should facing the other way.

Running downstairs when she was 5 talking about 2 old women she saw in the wardrobe in our bedroom

And most recently, telling my wife when it has just been the two of them in the house "Does it feel like we're not alone in the house mummy?" and "Have i died before?"

WHAAAA!!!

When she was about 7 she told us at the dinner table who was at her 1st birthday party and how she could see all the people and named them all apart from a soldier with a gun. We have video of her first birthday and the photos we have only really show her in her crib and her frillies on, no people at all, so there is no on way she could have seen from video of photo's. She then mentioned the soldier again and drew a picture of him

The Soldier

She particularly liked his red jacked and gold buttons and he had a big black hat.

Just to express, there was no soldiers or fancy dress at the gathering.

My Niece has seen black smoke on the stairs and my borther in law has seen an old woman in the kitchen, no further descriptions on those as we don't see them anymore , wonder why!

--------

So i'm just asking really if anyone can throw any light on what we are seeing or if it's just random stuff that there isnt anything to worry about.

History of Events

Here's some history on events during this time that may some or no insignificance

The house is a 1933 semi detatched in Wales UK. One previous owner, which was a brother and sister that lived there until they died. Unsure if it was in the house or not.

Both my parents have passed in or around this period one in 2003 and one in 2009.

Since we have moved in we have had extremely bad luck, with family passing away, money issues, health problems. Again, not sure if this is just a bad coincidence or what, i'm not sure.

We are a very easy going family, full of laughter and love and have no hatred for anything or anyone in life, but have just come across some bad luck.

Any ideas or help would be awesome as i know there's alot of knowledge with you guys and would appreciate any help you can throw our way.

Thanks

Craig

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cjdust

Move. No really. Mostly prankish and benign until you mentioned bad luck and "health issues and people passing". Thats not just coexisting, that malevolent. Give them their freaking house back.

Anyway, my .o2

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We are tying to but have to wait a few years while my wife finishes her nurses degree, plus have a little boy on the boy, so it's hard at the moment. My parent passing were not in this house though, that was their own house and the previous owners were very old also and died of old age.

That's why i wasn't sure if it was just bad timing or not?!

Thanks for replying though, niec to read other peoples thoughts

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

With intrptr... sometimes treating them like invisible roommates works, i.e. just acknowledging them and gleaning what they want, but sometimes ghosts, just like the people they once were, are a-holes that you cannot reason with (knowing those that haven't experienced ghosts think those who have have lost their own reason).

The "bad luck" at least could be their doing... I don't know the rules or hows of effecting this world from theirs, but it seems they can affect change here... it's likely some are better at it than others...

and geography, or matter, matters to ghosts... heh.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

We are tying to but have to wait a few years while my wife finishes her nurses degree, plus have a little boy on the boy, so it's hard at the moment. My parent passing were not in this house though, that was their own house and the previous owners were very old also and died of old age.

Oh, okay. That lessens the imminent danger. Can you expand on the "health issues" part?

Gotta go but I'll check back.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Would you be willing to share your religious affiliation, if any?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The health issues pretty much cover from myself being very stressed which i have put down to working long house, chest infections, both me and my daughter suffer with asthma and only recently has the house started to get damp with black patches appearing on the ceiling. I've put this down to mould and have re painted the rooms with damp proofing but still seems to come back.

This has only happened recent, and we have had a new roof and insulation put in, so it's not an external leak and nothing coming in through the attic space either, so hard to say what it is.

My daughter suffers very badly from scarlet fever aswell, at least twice a year, no other illnesses all year, apart from scarlet fever, which the doctor advises that you can only get this once. This has been going on for about 4 years now and she still get this at various points through the year.

Back issues i can suffer with quite regular due to an accident i had when i was younger, but again, i wouldn't imagine this has anything to do with what goes on as this was way before i moved out.

We did have a parrot for a few years, which as he got older and sicker had a major play on my asthma, but funnily enough, every now and then he would sqwak like mad and follow a point round the room for a few minutes and then just stop. Everyday this would happen until i put a sheet over the cage and he would then be silent. Thinking of it, i forgot to mention, when he died, minutes before he was moving round the bottom of his cage settling down (he had a bad leg so couldn''t sleep on his perch) in the woodchips and a blanket i put down for him, we turned away and we heard two rings a bell, they sounded exactly like his bell he had at the top of his cage, but the inside had come out years ago so it didn't ring anymore. We looked at each other and turned back around to which we found him eyes closed and flat on the floor.

just thought i would add that in aswell

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

I'm not religious in anyway and neither is my wife. My mother was, well she claimed she was Christian but never really acted on it while i grew up.

I've nothing against it, nothing bad to say about it, just not for us.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
They sound rather harmless... I would think if they truly meant to hurt you or your family, you'd have seen way more than just "bad luck" by now. There would be physical attacks and general escalation of the encounters. What makes you think your bad luck could be attributed to them?

However, if you are truly concerned and want them to go away, I'd suggest getting a priest to bless every nook and cranny of your home with holy water. Start at one end (or upstairs) and systematically work your way through as if you were trying to "herd" a wild animal outside. Pay particular attention to any openings such as doors, windowsills or fireplaces. Once the entire house has been blessed and "cleaned," surround it in a line of salt that is unbreakable. Once this is completed, go about your life without giving it any more attention. Pretend it is a relative who has gone away or gone home. Focus on your family and moving forward...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well, the only reason I ask, is because in your thread title, you were asking for help. In my particular area of interest, the spiritual realm is a real and tangible phenomenon, and my faith tradition (Catholic) takes this stuff very seriously actually.

If you are making the assumption, due to the nature of this thread, that the spiritual dimension is a reality...( the "otherworldly" dimension if you prefer)...that "ghosts" truly exist. Well, then, I can help you.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Wow, that sounded very Catholic. God bless you my brother/sister in Christ.

I would not ad anything else. This is the advice that works. Simply moving does not always solve this problem. But, don't think for a single moment that any of this could be merely benevolence. That "it" "they", just wanna hang out with you. We can be easily deceived.

IF something paranormal is truly occurring, it won't just stop. Do what the previous poster recommended, for the benefit and safety of your family.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The banging is nothing out of the ordinary; pipes, fittings and the foundations of the house can expand or contract due to the temperature and they will creak or thump-especially in the midst of winter or summer when the temperatures vary.

As for what the children 'saw'-that is a tough one. I'm torn as kids have an active imagination-after all we all were kids at one stage-however whenever kids reveal intimate details then that would be unnerving.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Edit to ad.... Contact a validly ordained Catholic priest only. Don't be embarrassed, or apprehensive, he will have most likely been approached about this many times before, and he most likely has blessed many homes with Holy Water and blessed salt.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Nothing is coincidental, any crosses being thrown around ? (if you have any hanging on the wall)

Also the black smoke on the stairs leads me to believe that your house is a gateway for spirits to enter the physical world.

I know because I grew up under similar circumstances with my parents acting as if it was all in my head when they could hear and see things too.

I've been followed my whole life since my childhood because I never put a stop to it when I was younger.

As another member stated you should contact a local priest and have them come by to see if they can give some more clarity on how to fix the issue.

Also although I did mention the house itself being a gateway, more often than not it's also the person who is haunted and not the house.

Finally I hope you do not become frightened by this statement because it's not my intention, but keep a close eye on your child's behaviour for any sudden bursts of anger or depression.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

"the person who is haunted.." This is Only one of the possibilities.

There are 6 "types" of demonic activity recognized by The Catholic Church.
1. External physical pain caused by satan.
2. Demonic possession
3. Demonic oppression
4. Demonic obsession
5. Diabolical infestation(houses,animals,etc)
6. Diabolical subjugation

When a priest visits, he will be thinking about all 6 of these in his mind. There are signs for each, and if a level is reached that requires further help, he will call his diocese exorcist. Almost every diocese has one now, because the level of demonic activity seams to be rising at an alarming rate, therefore The Church has been quietly training many more priests in this disgusting reality.

Demons are powerless against a properly trained exorcist.

Edit to ad, for the OP's benefit. Do not think for a moment that you have to be a Catholic, in order to ask the help of a Catholic priest. He WILL help you. "In a New York minute", as we say here in the States.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Recurring illness, child sick with scarlet fever "several times" and respiratory issues surely related to the black mold you mentioned. Thats a more serious issue, related to health issues you have been having. Just painting over it won't stop it recurring, you have to find the source. You need to have a hygienist that can track such issues have a look. Thats not cheap. Sometimes the mold is in the walls or under the house. If there are leaks in the heating ducts for instance that can transmit it around the house.

My brothers house was haunted and they had issues with black mold, not to be taken lightly.

Can I ask again when your mom passed, just before or after you moved in? What was the cause of death? Not meaning to pry just you said you moved in the same year?

Pets being affected or dying is another problem, my brothers dog got seizures one day on the front porch and died right there in his arms. Unexplained by the vet and only six years old.

Like you sad there are sinlge things that of themselves don't mean as much as all these things adding up over time.

Some like perfume and smoke smells can be explained as impregnated in the walls, coming out when the heater comes on or the sun warms the walls. Others like the sound in the shower could still be water hammer, to recreate it you need to shower the same time of day, same temperature outside, same water setting for your shower, etc.

If it happens again, bang back.

Go to the center of your house (every haunting has a center), talk to it, scold it, say this is my house, I live here now. Leave my family alone, when we're around, mind your manners, hang back. Stay away from my children and wife and pets. Behave or get the hell out.

I still think this one is a little more serious than others, the illness, scaring your wife and kid thats more than just making smells and sounds and "bubbles".

Like Baddogma said, if a holes in life then a holes as spirits. Some try to take their property back, drive out people. Some are just coexisting, peaceful.

Let it know how you feel, scold it, try putting it in its place, then see what happens.

I would consider moving still, you have family and a child on the way. Try and find a way to get out of there if I were you.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You've got an old British soldier 'Red Coat'. Any battle fields or old forts nearby?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Just wanted to add that Stachybotrys is a toxic black mold that can cause hallucinations. It is also likely behind your health issues. Please look into a remediation. As the other poster mentioned, you can't simply paint over it. This can be a very serious health risk to your family, especially with a pregnant wife.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I would consider moving also.
I understand things being hard, your wife studying for her degree and such, but you need 2 ask yourself if it's worth it?
Mold? Health issues? Spiritual manifestations of smells, bubbles, banging on doors? Bad luck?

Why not find a peaceful place for your expecting wife? How comfortable can she be if the apparition lead her to tears?

Watch paranormal witness, those are all the signs of a haunting.
Smells
Noises
Feelings of being watched
Being touched
Bad luck
Children or women usually experience /see stuff more /first
Sickness/illness more than usual

Your not crazy because yourexperiencing these things
On the other hand, if you can convince yourself that it's best if you and your family stay there and suffer with this.....idk.....

I've has my own round of experiences of bad paranormal stuff. Not fun at all.
There's ways to get rid of this stuff, fasting and prayer

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Before you sell the house, listen to Mark Houser's video.

He unknowingly purchased a house that was occupied by spirits.

He ended up selling the house but the same thing happened in his new house.

Eventually though he learned how to evict the spooks and he and his kids experienced a supernatural encounter with angels insted.

To make a long story short, I unwittingly purchased a house, for myself and my two teenagers, that was occupied by "spirits". My son, my daughter, myself, and the previous owner of the house all saw the spirit. There were also friends of mine and my teenagers that witnessed the spirit. Since I didn't believe in that kind of thing, I passed it off to adolescent imaginations. I did not believe in the afterlife or the spirit realm.

The "hauntings" were investigated and documented as authentic by a television series called "The Other Side".

More in another post here.

<<   2 >>

join