It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosslyn Chapel and the Gutenberg Revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anansi
a reply to: TerryDon79

what? You know they would execute you for high treason, which fairytale do you live in? Catch up on history will ya, only people allowed to read where clergy..

You have failed to answer my question twice now. I'll ask again for good manners.

What does the printing press and the chapel have to do with each other?

That was what this whole thread is based on according to the title.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anansi

The symbols in Rosslyn Chapel can all be related to the Bible, in particular to the Old Testament and the Psalms.

There are some videos by Rich Planet about this Rosslyn Chapel subject.
I wasn't very interested in them.
The thing that did interest me was one part about the symbols. It suggested they were a musical score. They are the pattern caused when a vibration. eg the musical note E is passed through a plate with sand on it. it creates a pattern with the sand. Each note having its own pattern. And these are the symbols around the chapel.
I have been trying to find the link. But i can't find which one it is. But, its called cymatics.
The method was demonstrated and seemed to work.
So, its just another way to write music perhaps.
edit on 3-1-2016 by blackcrowe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

If you have a book, with loads of information, and the book takes several years to copy and translate, and now you could make a couple of hundred, what do you think shifted? Gutenberg bible, then the King James Bible.. Why do you think Christianity outlived for over 3000 years, its fantastic fairytales of fantasy? Could the bible teach something if you learned how to read it properly?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Anansi

Regardless of any of that.

Are you going to answer the question I have asked of you 3 times already?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
For those interested ... Here is a link to the Official Roslyn Chapel site

www.rosslynchapel.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Apart from the coincidence in date, what reason is there to see a connection? Lots of things happened in 1454. I don't quite see the logic of "Now we've got a printed Bible, we don't need a chapel any more".

As with what you said, I also have a hard time in understanding the connection.

After pondering this thread, about the only connection I can understand is that before the Gutenberg Revolution most people of that area were not literate and relied upon the symbolic teachings of the chapel and the chapel authorities to teach what the Jewish Bible taught. The chapel had become a picture to the illiterate which explained much of the bible stories.

Then came the printed word which soon became available and eventually replaced the symbolic chapel as the teacher. Of course this took time to transform illiteracy into literacy but eventually became a comparative teaching between the chapel symbols and the bible.

Now I could also be as wet as a fish but that would be my understanding of this thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Yes! That's my point!

And sacred geometry
edit on 201613 by Anansi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

That's an outstanding explanation. Star for you on that one!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join