It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Good News to bring in the Year 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

leave it up to the Aussies to spend their time and efforts trying and bring back species on the endangered list, we are the worst offenders for losing our wildlife but i guess we don't spend all our time, money and efforts building bombs and killing machines.

I can see the only future for endangered species being a commercial aspect were breeders sell their product to zoo's around the world for the benefit of a an endangered species.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

positive action like this is WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Alway liked you kangaroo chasers ,well done.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I was like all, what the hell is a "Kimberly sugar glider"? Why, its a…

Hanggliding varmint

You guys have the coolest animals.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
www.news.com.au...

leave it up to the Aussies to spend their time and efforts trying and bring back species on the endangered list, we are the worst offenders for losing our wildlife but i guess we don't spend all our time, money and efforts building bombs and killing machines.

I can see the only future for endangered species being a commercial aspect were breeders sell their product to zoo's around the world for the benefit of a an endangered species.

There is also an ATS thread from last year about some stick insects found on Ball's Pyramid. Pretty much a rock outcropping south of Australia. There they found a few individuals that were living on one of the few bushes left on the island. They used to be plentiful on Tasmania I believe, until rats were introduced by accident and were annihiliated. They were thought to be extinct, but not anymore.
So some researchers took a couple of breeding pairs back to Australia, and now have hundreds of them in captivity. The nice thing about these stick insects is that they stay with the same mate for life. The male even puts his legs over the female while they sleep/rest.
As an aside, over here in the Western USA, the original male California Condor that helped bring back its species from extinction was set free where it was first captured. It is now 35 years old. At the time of capture it was thought to be between 5 to 7 yrs old at the time.
Right now should be Humpback whale watching season in Hawaii. But the whales have not shown up. It is believed that their numbers have grown subtantially that they are still competing for food and delaying their trip to the Hawaiin islands. The trip from their feeding ground to the islands is very energy consuming.
The only bad news is the Northern White Rhino. There are only two or three left.

top topics

join