It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condit Vs Lawler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
There will be spoilers for anybody that didn't see it yet...

Man, what the hell happened there? Condit's work rate was non stop from the first round and he set the pace for the entire fight. It was 25 minutes of relentless beautifully put together combos. Lawler had some good counters but damn...how did the judges come to that decision? Condit got badly robbed.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Condit was definitely 'robbed'. I clearly had him winning 1 - 3 rounds. Was really hoping for him to win. :-

On a side note, glad to see other ufc enthusiasts about on ATS
edit on 3-1-2016 by heymang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
There will be spoilers for anybody that didn't see it yet...

Man, what the hell happened there? Condit's work rate was non stop from the first round and he set the pace for the entire fight. It was 25 minutes of relentless beautifully put together combos. Lawler had some good counters but damn...how did the judges come to that decision? Condit got badly robbed.

What's that ol saying.....

To be the champ,
You gotta beat the champ.

If you don't mind me asking,
How long have you been following the sport?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

You are correct, Condit did throw a ton of strikes and set a furious pace. However, Condit missed a ton of strikes as well. Condit landed only 33% of his strikes. Lawler landed 44% of his strikes a and did more damage. That being said, Condit definitely won rounds 1 & 4. Lawler definitely won rounds 2 & 5. That only leaves round 3 in question. It was so even it reverts back to someone else's statement. "To be the champ you have to beat the champ" All in all, it was a good fight that could have gone either way. I am happy to see there are other fight fans on here. Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Hard to say but it's a long time, was into it when I first saw UFC 1 on vhs then went back to it on and off over the years while flicking sporadically between pride and k1. Probably around 13 years following consistently and about 7 training with 31 years of various other disciplines thrown in.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turkenstein

You are correct, Condit did throw a ton of strikes and set a furious pace. However, Condit missed a ton of strikes as well. Condit landed only 33% of his strikes. Lawler landed 44% of his strikes a and did more damage. That being said, Condit definitely won rounds 1 & 4. Lawler definitely won rounds 2 & 5. That only leaves round 3 in question. It was so even it reverts back to someone else's statement. "To be the champ you have to beat the champ" All in all, it was a good fight that could have gone either way. I am happy to see there are other fight fans on here. Happy New Year.

Happy new year to you too. It was a great fight!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Hard to say but it's a long time, was into it when I first saw UFC 1 on vhs then went back to it on and off over the years while flicking sporadically between pride and k1. Probably around 13 years following consistently and about 7 training with 31 years of various other disciplines thrown in.

So all that 'experience' you say you have,
and you can sit there and say, not only Condit was "robbed"........but "badly robbed"?
This is not a rhetorical question.
I really would like to know the answer to my question......hopefully after you watch that fight again.

I gave you a flag and star for starting the thread though. I too have followed since day 1, then some.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I watched it again.

Round 1: Threw a bunch of leg kicks that went unchecked, threw out the double jab right head kick a couple times to good effect, scored the knockdown and pushed Lawler back a lot. Round goes to Condit for the knockdown, octagon control for dominating the centre, aggression and output.

Round 2: Starts out by Condit throwing a ton of leg kicks almost at will, lawler gets the knockdown then sits in Condit's guard..no attempt to pass, not really striking, Condit at least looks for an arm to attempt a sweep or a sub, lawler abandons it and they stand up, lawler catches condit with a huge left hook then gets a big round kick to the body in return. Round goes to Lawler for the knockdown.

Round 3: Condit begins by blasting lawler's legs, Condit gets backed up against the cage, Condit gets out pretty quick, goes on to get lawler against the cage, gets reversed but backs out easy no damage done. Round goes to Condit for octagon control for dominating the centre and output.

Round 4: Lawler finally takes the centre of the octagon for a bit before losing it, Condit kicks out lawler's leg and drops him, lawler backs him up against the cage and unloads, Condit escapes. Condit kicks out lawler's leg again which Goldberg stupidly calls a slip, Condit backs up lawler then catches him with a big round kick to the ribs as he sidesteps out, Condit rocks lawler with a right hook that wobbles him bad, Condit unloads hooks off a flying knee, lawler holds on, Condit backs up and throws a spinning elbow followed by a knee that catches lawler right under the chin, lawler hangs on for the next 20 seconds and catches condit with a counter left hook right before the bell. Round goes to Condit for octagon control, aggression and output

Round 5: Lawler comes out swinging and backs condit up, he's finally realised he has to make an effort to knock condit out at this point and he starts initiating exchanges instead of reacting, catches condit with some huge hooks, Condit catches lawler with some counters but lawler does a lot more damage. Round goes to Lawler for aggression and output.

So yeah, Condit got robbed imo, he dominated the centre for about 80% of the fight, landed more significant strikes, was the more assertive fighter, implemented his game plan and kept lawler reacting instead of acting for most of it.

edit on 4-1-2016 by MagnaCarta2015 because: added info

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Condit landed 33% of what he threw.

You do realize that a split decision means it's arguable....yes...no?

For the record:
These two fellas are my favorite to watch at this time in the division. The outcome was what I wanted....didn't matter to me who had gotten their hand raised.

Also,
I would love to see Pierre come back.

top topics

join