It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Do you want UFO to show themselves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Should extraterrestrials make themselves known?

IMHO, the answer to that question is Yes AND No.

Yes, if the particular group of aliens making themselves known are benevolent and Service-To-Others oriented -- and make their contact a discreet one (i.e., around the feds who are allied with the Zetan-Greys).

No, as there is an abundance of testimonial evidence that the vast majority of encounters with aliens have shown them to not be benign but Service-To-Self oriented.

The point should also be made that anyone who has public contact with aliens will probably be incarcerated and interrogated, at least in the US, due to the Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law, making it unlawful for common citizens to meet with them.

In light of this, open contact is unwise under the present circumstances.

As far as the impact on the religious community, if the gods and paradigms of the traditional religions can't hold up to the existences of extraterrestrials, then the false gods are exposed and the false religions are justly trashed in favor of the TRUTH.

The same would probably apply to the governments that have been keeping the general public in the dark on this issue. They would end also and new governments would replace them.

Good riddance.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hey! thanks everybody!!! While waiting for more answers I must say:
Wow
I was expected skeptics as well

Yes KOKA you are right -I should ask the question you proposed... (can I blame my poor english???)

so here we go -Should Extra Terrestrials make themselves known?

(thanks BTW
)

* running to check the sky if there are some signs that aliens are reading this board *

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Absolutely!I think that in order to get here,they must be much more advanced than us as a civilization,and perhaps they can teach us better methods of travel,energy,and planetary conservation.It would be fascinating to learn from a super intelligent,advanced race.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
YES, but I'm also worried about whether or not we're ready for that as a race. Personally I believe that they should increase ship activity in the skies (if they even are visiting the earth) to slowly raise our awareness of them, and eventually show themselves as ET's when enough people are ready to know the truth. I'd definately like to see it within the next 20 years or so.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I say yes they should show themselves, if only just as an indicator that they are actually here. However if they show themselves and the truth comes out do you think some of the governments of this planet will willingly let them them fly around willy-nilly all over their air space? I doubt it. So that should make for an interesting scenario ot two.

Another thing that occurs to me is that just because they reveal themselves does not mean that they will help us as a species in any way shape or form, be it medical, technologically or scientifically. They may feel that if they had to do all the work themselves originally to get where they are today then so should we.

Which leads me onto another factor. If they did not share their knowledge with us, then they would in fact be our superiors in an evolutionary sense. Now mankind has enjoyed a hundred thousand years of being at the top of the tree, are people going to be happy knowing that we are no longer the best thing since sliced bread given there are other species out there who potentially could if they so wished have us quaking in our boots if they decided to put on a show of military capability.

I'm a yes man at heart because like many of you here I'm waiting for confirmation that the things I believe are true. But I guess going by my brain that I'm also a NO, look at mankind as whole, the first thing we usually do when presented with new technology is to find a way to turn it into a weapon, perhaps our extra terrestrial visitors already realise this and dont fancy having their tech turned against them.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
YES, this is VERY important, FUNDAMENTAL. For me. For humanity.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why do we need to worry about whether our society is ready for it or not? Forget society - answer it for yourself: Do you want ET to make themselves known?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
An unequivocal yes. Be the best thing that ever happened to me, or anyone for that matter.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yes, If the speculation is true they have already revealed themselves to certain parties, at least if they revealed themselves to everyone we could force our government to tell us what has been going on for the last 58 years.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yes. So I can get on thier spaceships and get off this rock

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Let us also remember the lessons learned from the classic Twilight Zone episode, To Serve Man.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yes!! Because I want to know and i'm sure there a lot of people who want to know and to convince people like my grand-father who don't believe anything like that who say that there is no other form of life in the universe
!!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Why do we need to worry about whether our society is ready for it or not? Forget society - answer it for yourself: Do you want ET to make themselves known?

I think asking that question at this particular forum would get you an automatic YES every time, lol. A more interesting topic to discuss in my opinion would be whether or not you think society collectively wants them to show themselves.

[edit on 7/1/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It is vital that we wake up, the proof is already there, we are only seeing the last clincher of trying to deny their existence by doing like the ostrich saying:"you can't prove that".

It doesn't mean religion is wrong. Where does it say that aliens do not exist? We might have to realize that the bible has been distorted on purpose how ever.

Those who "could not care less" are for sure spending a lot of their time in a strange place: a forum for aliens.

If we do not care about Polish people existing or not, do we have the right to deny them access to this planet?

But, you may say, I might not like this race or that race but they were born here so it's ok !
Will you still feel as strongly about this arguement if it turns out the aliens were here on this planet long before us? Are you prepared to "move out" ?

They are welcome, we need them, look around you in this world and if you still don't get it, sigh, just realize what this will do for the travel agencies and all the new and exotic intergalactic safaries you will be offered. A product within the travel market we have been denied for too long wouldn't you agree? Just think of all those out there who are already enjoying high quality leisure time activity.

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

I think asking that question at this particular forum would get you an automatic YES every time, lol. A more interesting topic to discuss in my opinion would be whether or not you think society collectively wants them them to show themselves.

I'm not so sure if everybody here on ATS wouls say YES -well this thread had 305 viewers so far and only 35 responses (couple of people responded more than once as well). Somehow I suspect that few percent of the people who didn't answered this poll would say no, but they chose to say nothing

I think that's pity - would love to hear sceptic point of view...

As for our (outside of ATS) society -I think majority is not ready. Most of them despite the idea of UFO, so how would they want to see something they don't believe...

[edit on 7-1-2005 by jazzgul]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
For those of you who have not read the alien message "DO YOU WISH THAT WE SHOW UP?" you might want to check it out. That race of aliens (pleiadians), asks us humans the same question as this thread, in a very interesting message supposedly given to some people who are in contact with them. All you have to do is answer the question to yourself, seriously, for they will hear you. It is a good read!

It is said that this particular species is apparently more neutral towards us, and does not appear to have any bad intentions for the human race. I answered yes, when I found out more about them.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The good things would be the technology we might gain, plus it might be the only thing that could make us forget our differences and remember that we are all human beings and citizens (or is it denizens) of this earth.

The bad thing is that - at least here on earth - lesser civilizations don't survive contact with more advanced civilizations.

[edit on 1/7/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think asking that question at this particular forum would get you an automatic YES every time, lol. A more interesting topic to discuss in my opinion would be whether or not you think society collectively wants them to show themselves.

They are two different questions and would produce different answers.

We are society. If we asked everyone in the nation whether they would want ET(if they existed) to make themself known there would be far more "yes" replies than if you asked them whether society would want ET to exist. In fact you would see the same on the forum. This is because we are trying to answer for others, rather than ourselves.

This is why it is very important we answer this question for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes!
We have to grow up sometime.
And if they're waiting for the perfect time to reveal themselves, it'll NEVER come.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm not so sure if everybody here on ATS wouls say YES -well this thread had 305 viewers so far and only 35 responses (couple of people responded more than once as well). Somehow I suspect that few percent of the people who didn't answered this poll would say no, but they chose to say nothing

305 views does not mean 305 members have looked into this topic. The view number increments everytime you view the topic. So, that means, there have been 8 views for one reply. Which means this topic is getting more replies than most topics.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join