It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim group ushers in 2016 by launching campaign against ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Mumbai: As a New Year resolution, a group of city Muslims launched "Muslims against ISIS" campaign on Friday, denouncing the jihadist terror organization's brutalities and chalking out steps to stop Muslim youths from becoming IS recruits. A joint initiative of city-based NGO Sahas Foundation and think-tank Urdu Markaz, the campaign has created a taskforce of volunteers to identify and counsel radicalized or potential recruits of ISIS or Islamic State (IS) who have been or are about to be trapped in the "fake jihad" through online propaganda.

Launching the campaign at Imamwada Municipal Urdu School ground in Bhendi Bazaar, activists said there could not have been a nobler cause than initiating an ideological war on IS on New Year's Eve. "When we thought about what to do on New Year, a suggestion came that why not start creating awareness among youths about how to keep away from the virus of ISIS and other terrorist outfits. Now, we have resolved to reach out to a maximum number of Muslim youths with the message of not falling prey to the propaganda of any terrorist organizations," said Syed Furqan, Sahas Foundation's president and the main force behind the campaign. Furqan added that on the night of December 31, his group created "awareness" against vices from drunk driving to terrorism and intolerance through a human chain at Nariman Point.

Just to continue spreading the word there are Muslims who are not only denouncing terrorism but doing what they can to prevent it! I'd love to see this kind of program spread all over the world because as seen recently the internet is playing a major role in radical recruitment whether people are leaving their nations to fight with ISIS in Syria or committing terrorist acts in their own country.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Muslims know that ISIS is crap!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The world over, regardless of race or religion are more united against the brutality, dark age rhetoric and actions of the group of meat headed thugs known as isis (small caps deliberate because they stand for nothing).

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Simply long over due. However, better late than never. I hope to see more Muslims supporting this program around the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Simply long over due. However, better late than never. I hope to see more Muslims supporting this program around the world.

all of us are against those barbaric cult except for those who are brainwashed

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Most Muslims are good people. They want peace. ISIS is not a representative of the good Muslims out there. It is a radical group trying to seize power. These kinds of Radicals exist all over in societies, twisting perceptions to feed their desires and needs so they can gain strength.

Discriminating against Muslims is not the way to solve this. Crushing the heads of these radical chaotic organizations is the best way.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Indian Muslim are a minority in that country, that has always been at war with his other half Pakistan that is ruled my majority Muslim, I can only imagine the struggles that India have with terrorist camps so close to their border in the side of Pakistan where the ISIS and other terrorist groups train.

This could put India at higher risk for attacks by radical Islam coming out and declaring themselves against ISIS.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The good ones need to find a way to separate themselves from the bad ones. Maybe a visual que, I don't know, its a tough one. It sucks for the good ones in any group when bad ones make the whole thing look bad.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Why aren't any of them smiling?

and it is only a verbal campaign not a military campaign.

Tired of hearing the verbal campaigns want to see some real fruitful military campaigns myself.

Talk is talk but let's see some walk for a change.

not that what they're doing is bad it just isn't enough and it only focuses on their own community does nothing to protect the innocent around the world in real time.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Of course, no matter what they do will never be enough for you.

These people are civilians, not military.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I love the idea of this rally.

Just an observation however.. All of the signs are written in English. The message is clearly directed toward the west as an act of solidarity/damage control. If they were serious about sending a message to ISIS, the signs would be written in Arabic..

Still, a nice gesture.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

a message is a message no mater what was the language , but you know English is an international language , so if they didn't do it this way western people will say Muslims didn't say any thing about ISIS

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

originally posted by: WeRpeons

It continuously surprises me that people aren't aware that Muslims have been opposing terrorism for decades and decades (since the term became popular), and ISIS since its inception. A simple google search will reveal thousands of such statements and protests from all over the world. For example...

a reply to: marg6043

originally posted by: marg6043
Indian Muslim are a minority in that country, that has always been at war with his other half Pakistan that is ruled my majority Muslim, I can only imagine the struggles that India have with terrorist camps so close to their border in the side of Pakistan where the ISIS and other terrorist groups train.

This could put India at higher risk for attacks by radical Islam coming out and declaring themselves against ISIS.

Even in Pakistan. I'm not sure what Muslims being a minority in India have to do with anything, though, because while they are a minority (the 2nd largest, at 14%), in number, they're almost equal to the muslim population of Pakistan (unless you mean that perhaps the minority muslim population may suffer a backlash from the majority hindu due to their religion). Pakistan's beef with India has always been about Kashmir, not really about religious beliefs, besides Pakistan is just as opposed as India to ISIS, even the extremist elements.

a reply to: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
and it is only a verbal campaign not a military campaign.

Tired of hearing the verbal campaigns want to see some real fruitful military campaigns myself.

Talk is talk but let's see some walk for a change.

not that what they're doing is bad it just isn't enough and it only focuses on their own community does nothing to protect the innocent around the world in real time.

Again speaking of Pakistan, in the "War on Terror", guess which country has the largest number of military deaths fighting terrorists? No, it isn't the US. It is Pakistan. I guess the sacrifice of the Pakistani Military isn't really meaningful, though?
And I'm not sure what you mean by people focusing only on their own community. There is no military force against terrorism (ISIS or otherwise) that is doing it to protect anyone but their own community at home. The ones that are "around the world in real time" (i.e. the US, for example) are actually doing more to HARM innocents around the world (and in their own home countries) by being the genesis for even more terrorists.

a reply to: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
I love the idea of this rally.

Just an observation however.. All of the signs are written in English. The message is clearly directed toward the west as an act of solidarity/damage control. If they were serious about sending a message to ISIS, the signs would be written in Arabic..

It doesn't seem they're sending a message to ISIS, they're sending a message to youth who might be influenced by ISIS. And since almost every child in school in India learns english from the start (and not arabic), and since children can speak a number of different languages as a first language (India is remarkably diverse in that respect), focusing on english rather than arabic (a language probably very few muslim youth can understand) would be more productive.

edit on 8-1-2016 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join