It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia takes over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Have you not seen the black riots in the past several years?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Nobody here is demonizing white folks, my brothers and sisters amongst them are as dear to me as black, brown, and all around.

That’s not the issue here

I’m just pointing out the double standard

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Inannamute

but also they seem to be disputing the actions of the federal government relating to the Malheur forest/wildlife refuge.

So you're saying these Y'all-Queda folks are trying to the the Feds to return the Malheur Refuge to the Northern Paiute People?

I'm down with that.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

What?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Every memeber of this militia should be in federal prison, probably for life on charges of domestic terrorism.

The feds should cut off electric, gas, and water to the building, and then just wait them out. With a limited supply of food and water they won't be able to hold the building forever, and being stuck in that building is really no different than being stuck in jail.

Don't open fire, don't storm the building, simply contain them. They'll eventually have no choice but to surrender or be the first to open fire, and if they do open fire it's not going to accomplish anything as they'll still be stuck in a building with no resources and eventually have to try and leave.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

What?

Wha-dya Mean "Watt" - are you a lightbulb?

The Malheur Indian Reservation was established for the benefit of the Northern Paiute Nation. In 1879 the Federal Government unilaterally abrogated the treaty and contracts establishing the Reservation and stole the lands from the Paiute People.

The OP indicated that the VanillaISIS folks now occupying the site were protesting the Federal Government actions for this land. I was just asking him/her to verify that the YeeHawDist goal was really to have the land returned to its rightful owners, the Northern Paiute Nation.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: yuppa

Good thing they are white people or they would be dead by now. But then, black people would not be heroes like this scum.

I didnt call them heroes. They havent done anything heroic. all they have done is occupy a building.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This leader (Bundy) is anti government but he takes out a 530K dollar loan for his business. The guy should be a banker.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think what is interesting to me is the fact that people believe that the only way they can get attention or results for any issues that matter are with guns and violence - it's so frequent now that we don't really pay attention to that, but if you look at any violent episode in recent times, a lot of the time it isn't about the actual killing or shooting or violence, but about getting someone to finally PAY ATTENTION, to whatever it is that the people care about. Maybe if we had a more responsible fourth estate, violence would go down, because people would have their stories listened to before they needed to pull out a gun? Especially in a situation like this - from what I've read, there are things that seem a bit weird about this whole case, and about all characters involved, certainly enough for a journalist to make a story out of. We have 24 hour news channels, but in all that time, it feels like they rarely tell more than a few stories. Maybe sometime soon, instead of 24 hour propaganda for whatever issue of the day a channel feels like pushing, we could start talking to people and telling the stories of their lives. Maybe then people would feel like they had been heard, *before* they feel the need to pick up a gun.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yeah? And what are they going to do with it? When they run out of food and water they'll just give up and the county deputies will smack the guns out of their hands and arrest them for trespassing. It's not like they took over anything important, may as well have been a YMCA summer camp.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

The Malheur Indian Reservation was established for the benefit of the Northern Paiute Nation. In 1879 the Federal Government unilaterally abrogated the treaty and contracts establishing the Reservation and stole the lands from the Paiute People.

The OP indicated that the VanillaISIS folks now occupying the site were protesting the Federal Government actions for this land. I was just asking him/her to verify that the YeeHawDist goal was really to have the land returned to its rightful owners, the Northern Paiute Nation.

Nope. According to them, the "rightful owners" are ranchers.

As a biologist and conservationist, I'm concerned about what these idiots want to do with the land. It's fragile and a wildlife refuge. Of course, the two that the Y'allQaida are "supporting" had set fires on the Federal land to keep a wildfire off their land. This endangered the real firefighters who were out there fighting another fire.

In any case, they went tamely back to jail and said they weren't associated with this pack of jerks.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

From what I have read, it seems folks knew that a fire threatened their home and the FOUGHT that fire with a proven deterrent ... a back fire...

I wouldn't blame them.. however, you have the federal gov't on their arse, and usual, the Feds utilize words/laws to make them the victim...

One question.. how is it right, that the federal gov't owns SO much land in the United States..?

The west needs to have an auction to eliminate the FEDs holdings? I think so...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Please shutdown this thread it's full of a debate that's completely worthless.

It's stupid. Debating over which race is treat worse.

Ok we get it... Everyone hates everyone's who's different then them. Rather than banding together under the same cause let's point fingers and claim victim status.

Solid ciritical thinking.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Why don't you add something interesting to the discussion then? What are *your* thoughts on this occupation? Do you have thoughts about it? Who's right? who is wrong?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: Byrd

From what I have read, it seems folks knew that a fire threatened their home and the FOUGHT that fire with a proven deterrent ... a back fire...

I wouldn't blame them.. however, you have the federal gov't on their arse, and usual, the Feds utilize words/laws to make them the victim...

One question.. how is it right, that the federal gov't owns SO much land in the United States..?

The west needs to have an auction to eliminate the FEDs holdings? I think so...

The fire was no where near his home. And whenever setting a backfire you need supory vehicles there to contain it so it doesn't make things worse. What I understand is he was getting rid if evidence of pouching. He has always argued because he was Mormon and their before BLM he has the right to use those lands as he sees fit. Weird argument its like having someone buy land next to yours say I was here first and then do what he wants with it.

He needs to stay on his own property and stop illegally entering US government property. Especially before they lose patients with him and instead of court like they did in thr past they will lock him up. This guy isn't a patriot he's a greedy cattle ran her that thinks everyone else should pay for him ti graze his cattle. The issue originally started when a fee was started this fee was used to replant the areas damaged by over grazing. He thought he should be exemoy from said fee and refused to pay.All the while continuing to graze his cattle on public lands.

See its ok to destroy government property but he didn't want his cattle destroying his land go figure.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The poaching claim is a fabrication. You cannot cover up poaching with a grass fire, and poaching charges would have been sought if they did it.

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Sunwolf
a reply to: Krazysh0t

uh....like right here?

"You do realize that the Hammonds are believed to have caused the arson to cover up wildlife poaching right?"

ETA: Oh wait NOW I know what you meant originally. Sorry, I had trouble understanding your grammar.

You cover up poaching WITH fire by setting fire to everything that could leave evidence like bloodstains or meat you aren't taking with you. It really doesn't take much thought to think about... And no one said it was a good idea either. Of course it was a bad idea, they are idiots.

So tell me how this can do this

This work has shown that flame residence times in grass fuels are on the order of about 15 seconds and maximum temperatures (observed at the base of the flame) are around 800 to 1000 °C.

Pets can be cremated either in usual crematories or the ones that are specifically dedicated for pet cremations. During the process, a pet’s body is placed in a cremation unit and subjected to high temperatures up to 1400-1800 degrees Fahrenheit.

On the other hand, larger animals like horse, large breeds of dogs, etc. are cremated in hours. On an average, though, cremation of a pet may take 45 minutes to two hours for more.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: MOMof3

Have you not seen the black riots in the past several years?

its not black riots, its riots for blacks. im not black and i was there, because unless you are not a minority you will never understand police discrimination. im here to tell you it does exist, it is very real. to stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesnt exist, is whats wrong with America.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

People will see what they choose to see.

(post by Doctor Smith removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join