It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daytime plasma ball or meteorite or what????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I was fishing a couple of days ago at an out of the way beach in the South East corner of NSW Australia.
I was facing the ocean (dead East) , looking out to sea over a slightly windswept but clear blue ocean, under a bright blue cloudless sky.
I had just cast my lure out and was retrieving it quickly, staring at the spot where I imagined my lure would be as I wound it back.
A flash of movement caught my eye and a looked up about 40 degrees to see what I immediately thought was a diving bird.
It was falling downward at enormous speed, and seemed white and teardrop shaped at first glance. As I focussed on the object and watched it fall, it appeared to be on fire, glowing a bright white like the inside of a furnace.
This lasted for 1 or 2 seconds at most... It's hard to tell.
The object fell and just disappeared. There was no impact into the ocean and it was impossible to tell how far away it was given the uniform nature of the back ground.. It definitely "felt" closer than something in space, it definitely looked white hot.
There were no aircraft or boats in my 180 degree field of vision.
It was at around 4 in the afternoon.

Anyone seen something like this before?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sounds like a fireball or bigger meteor. I have only seen one of the fireballs at night, so I don't really know what it could look like during the day. It was probably farther away than it appeared to be and probably hit the ocean but the splash wasn't visible.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The Geminids Meteor Shower

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry about that , i sliced my drive . On a serious note i watched a green bolide many many years ago and that seemed close as well .

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: homerJ

to have cast a shadow which attracted your eye means it was either very big and fairly high up or smaller and lower down.

There is a height point where most objects in the sky no longer cast a shadow on the ground but I got no idea what height/size ratio it all is.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
Anyone seen something like this before?

Yes, the one I saw was bright orange and faded to nothing, moved left to right and I could only estimate it was about 30 feet away and about a foot wide sphere. We surprised eachother.

It was in a Welsh forest in the UK and was witnessed by the companion I was with at the time.

Fairy? UFO? Dunno!

I wonder sometimes, for every light like these there is a dark shadow somewhere else which behaves the same.
edit on 3/1/2016 by nerbot because: spellig

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Welcome to the UFO Orb Club 😀 and congratulations on your encounter. The UFO Orb you made contact with is a fairly common occurance throughout history and is the back bone of all religious books and is connected to radiant white motherships

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sounds like a fireball or bigger meteor. I have only seen one of the fireballs at night, so I don't really know what it could look like during the day. It was probably farther away than it appeared to be and probably hit the ocean but the splash wasn't visible.

I've seen a couple. First time was when I was walking past a bus station in Trondheim. Looked up the road and saw a white meteor flash and it was gone. Other time was in Canada when I was sitting at a shopping mall bus stop. While everyone was just walking and driving by, there's a streak of light above the rooftops and then it's gone.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have had one fall right in front of me
I was fishing on jetty
And it landed in the water meters away
It was small
I looked up and seen a bright white light
But then it changed colour
And I could hear a snap crackle pop
Noise
I think it was breaking up
This was happening only meters above my head
And then it changed into a third colour
Until it dropped into the water

I think God was throwing stones at me
It was awesome

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Welcome to the UFO Orb Club 😀 and congratulations on your encounter. The UFO Orb you made contact with is a fairly common occurance throughout history and is the back bone of all religious books and is connected to radiant white motherships

Oh lordy,

Listen Op. You are at a cross roads. You can either go down the scientific route (its a daytime bolide/meteor, i have seen 3 of them in my life so far. Very bright) or you can go down the fairy tale route and believe its UFOS even though there is no proof that they are anything other than good ol' meteors.

It saddens me that some humans find the thought of a piece of the moon/mars/venus/mercury/asteroids/comet etc...traveling for millions of years and entering our atmosphere at 100,000 mph JUST as you look up so boring that they have to invent idiotic, childish stories. You just witnessed the fiery end result of a journey that started on another planet possibly and maybe millions of years ago. LUCKY YOU!

Orb UFO's huh? Maybe its osmium pooing fairies? Just as much proof for them really.

OP..learn the science, read up about it, i assure you its FAR more interesting than stupid fairy tales.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: piney
I have had one fall right in front of me
I was fishing on jetty
And it landed in the water meters away
It was small
I looked up and seen a bright white light
But then it changed colour
And I could hear a snap crackle pop
Noise
I think it was breaking up
This was happening only meters above my head
And then it changed into a third colour
Until it dropped into the water

I think God was throwing stones at me
It was awesome

Not calling you a liar. Why would i? But if what you are saying is true then you are one of the handful (one hand) of people in the word ever to see a meteor land in front of them. So i will say that either you are mistaken or you are exceedingly lucky.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks....
I've a few unexplainable encounters in the last couple of years which made me question the obvious "meteorite" explanation...
I haven't read or heard much regarding the subject of daytime meteorites but 3danimator's thoughtful reply has me convinced not only that I witnessed a meteorite , but that I'm blessed to have witnessed it.
It scared the cr@p out of me though.... I instinctively ducked after I realised it was on fire... Thought it was some kind of weapon.
I must post my other sightings here, one of them still has me totally baffled... It was close, it lasted 15 minutes, it was noisey and it was terrifying!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
Thanks for the replies folks....
I've a few unexplainable encounters in the last couple of years which made me question the obvious "meteorite" explanation...
I haven't read or heard much regarding the subject of daytime meteorites but 3danimator's thoughtful reply has me convinced not only that I witnessed a meteorite , but that I'm blessed to have witnessed it.
It scared the cr@p out of me though.... I instinctively ducked after I realised it was on fire... Thought it was some kind of weapon.
I must post my other sightings here, one of them still has me totally baffled... It was close, it lasted 15 minutes, it was noisey and it was terrifying!

if it was as you describe it mate, then you are exceptionally lucky to have witnessed it. Just bear that in mind.

Remember truth is stranger than fiction and i assure you that there is a natural explanation that explains all the weird things we see...even if we cant explain them straight away. That's why i love nature and physics. The weirdness!

Who needs ufo orbs when you have the double slit experiment. FAR more astounding imho.
edit on 3-1-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20219286]3danimator2014

You believe there is a
Natural explanation for the Ufo orbs and the motherships? Totally hilarious, when you have your close encounter you will see that there is no natural explanation

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Too true... In MOST cases.
BUT, there is no explanation for what my partner and I saw one night 2 years ago.
I have spent 2 years looking and I'm no fool.
I've had an extremely thorough investigator stumped and pretty much everyone we know thinks we're crazy/dismisses it out of hand/thinks we're lying.
So the Orbhunter is correct in a way.... And once you've seen something that totally defies explanation, you are changed forever.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: [post=20219286]3danimator2014

You believe there is a
Natural explanation for the Ufo orbs and the motherships? Totally hilarious, when you have your close encounter you will see that there is no natural explanation

No, i don't. Because i don't believe in ufo orbs or motherships. I also dont believe in santa claus, humpty dumpty, the tooth fairy etc..

And seeing as i have been out with my various telescopes every night that i can and have been for the last 30 years...and that i have yet to see an "orb ufo" or "mothership"...ill go with science any day. Thanks

Why? Because i know enough about science (studied physics at university) to know that the universe is FAR weirder than anything you guys can make up. And that includes "orb ufos" and "motherships".

Time to grow up.
edit on 3-1-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
naw...time to include interdimensional in with bolides also.....both are real, I do believe

Hey, lately I've seen more meteors going by Polaris......I swear

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Did it look anything lie this? That was captured in Australia on 3-1-2016.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

That reminds me of something I saw about 20 years ago, that kind of looked like flares from a flare gun, but the weird thing was how slowly the lights moved, and also they didn't drop very slowly, they were moving almost parallel to the ground. They looked really close, about 30 feet overhead. I thought maybe they were meteor fragments.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

And seeing as i have been out with my various telescopes every night that i can and have been for the last 30 years...and that i have yet to see an "orb ufo" or "mothership"...

Interesting stuff for sure, especially with your gifted knowledge from the university system.

Can you think of any reasons for the ufos not wanting to make contact with you in these thirty years?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join