It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Armed militia occupies forest reserve HQ in Oregon, call ‘US patriots’ to arms

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Seems to me the ranchers want to do their own thing. Want to ignore regulations. Just like James S/Tiberius Kirk. Unfortunately, this isn't a movie. People get hurt and s*** flies for real.

My dad once cut a tree down. Very dangerous. Stupid even. Just to save money. I thought he was breaking every rule. But it worked. I had many long moments after where I wondered just what it meant. I realized I"d never do that. I'm a person who likes to follow rules and be cautious. My dad is different than me. And I thought about the older generations and the stuff they did. They had to shoot from the hip sometimes.

It's often said ignorance of the law isn't an excuse. But what about when you know it's wrong and you do anyway? And what if it works and nobody gets hurt? What then? Do you prosecute or let them off the hook?
edit on 1/3/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

OK, they may not kill anyone although historically, that is what has occurred. Did they knock on the door at Benghazi and say he y we want to talk about those weapons you sold us and want back? Are you paying attention to Iran right now? Sure as hell is not peaceful to me.

Calling them snowflakes though is a but much. These folks are not snowflakes. Enttitled Snowflakes would be the college kids whose parents are paying 40k a year to attend a school and they they turn around and protest the school. Sounds familiar? (take my bait please...)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks for the information I wasn't sure of the circumstances on this.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A terrorist is a terrorist. Not air planes.

Why the need to specify?

Murdering and causing fear is the same everywhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Dead is dead. Ask a family member of a murdered person and I doubt they will spend much time worrying about the definition. Whether it's domestic, international or just some nut with a gun in theatre...dead is dead.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InMyShell
Yes. But the federal government has legal jurisdiction in the US.
Thus the distinction between foreign and domestic terrorism.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Who are these guys scaring? There is a difference between protester and a domestic terrorist although the current admin thinks differently. Hate is different than protest...

www.cnn.com...

www.youtube.com...

"The revolution is on....off the pigs"

or this...

www.youtube.com...

Here is the protest in Oregon...

www.liveleak.com...

Do you see the difference?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I'm not saying they are terrorists. But if the government sees fit....they will stamp them torrorists .

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Perhaps, but so far they don't seem to be doing anything which would justify it. In particular, no actions which are dangerous to human life.

All they are doing is trespassing. I wonder how they intend to get food and water.
edit on 1/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

OK, they may not kill anyone although historically, that is what has occurred. Did they knock on the door at Benghazi and say he y we want to talk about those weapons you sold us and want back? Are you paying attention to Iran right now? Sure as hell is not peaceful to me.

Calling them snowflakes though is a but much. These folks are not snowflakes. Enttitled Snowflakes would be the college kids whose parents are paying 40k a year to attend a school and they they turn around and protest the school. Sounds familiar? (take my bait please...)

No, should it be?

What does Benghazi and/or Iran have to do with a militia group based in Oregon?

I have no idea what you're going on about, and it has nothing to do with the topic.

But yeah - I've paid attention to Iran.

How many times has Benjamin Netanyahu said that Iran is "this close," to getting the bomb, again?

Since 2005, I do believe. Man, they sure most be close, now!

I have to ask... who raised this entitled, whiny, lazy, and hand-out generation? Sounds like bad parenting (or lack thereof, proximal abandonment - you should check that out) that has led to an uprising of a this "lost," generation that those who raised loved to scorn.

Or is it the fault of those unwillingly brought into this world for how they perceive it, given that has been the only perception ever given to them?

How many mass-casualty events does Iran have annually, and how many innocents civilians are killed by police? They are no means peaceful, but to call America peaceful is delusional.

These folks in Oregon are just hammering that notion down even further. It has nothing to do with Iran, Benghazi, or college students - this is, yet again, a prime example of people "protesting," in the means of violence and coercion. But yeah - they're not burning down residential buildings which is nice, but that doesn't excuse this whatsoever.

So - if I get butthurt over a court ruling, it'd be in my right to "peacefully protest," in the means of seizing a Federally owned building with about 140+ other armed men, and I should face no persecution and I have done no wrongdoings?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Both in the case of Black Lives Matter and in the case of these folks, people really ought to walk back the sloppily liberal invocation of "terrorism". There are many appropriate terms whether you agree or disagree, but "terrorism" is not one of them. I suppose it's seductive to some to use such an incendiary and universally reviled label to demonize their political foes, but it's becoming the new Godwin's Law. You know things have devolved to absurdity when people start calling their political foes "terrorists".

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If you have the fortitude to do that, and as noted not be violent,Well your case will be herd on the national stage, all insurrections are not the same, they all have different reasons and implementations.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Who are these guys scaring? There is a difference between protester and a domestic terrorist although the current admin thinks differently. Hate is different than protest...

www.cnn.com...

www.youtube.com...

"The revolution is on....off the pigs"

or this...

www.youtube.com...

Here is the protest in Oregon...

www.liveleak.com...

Do you see the difference?

Who are Muslims scaring, exactly?

This isn't about BLM, and it's pretty well established that their actions are not by any means "peacefully protesting."

Again - if I disagree with a court ruling, it's in my right to peacefully protest by the means of trespassing and seizing Federally owned property with 140+ other armed minuteman, and I, as well as everyone else, should face no wrongdoing.

Now - let's say that there 140,000+ militiamen planning a coup on our Facisct Congress and political system, the number would quickly become 140,001. But this? This is just as ridiculous as BLM in principle. Waco? Completely different scenario.

This? Pretty irrational if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Balans

If they wanted the land they don't need to do this, sounds more like another judge didn't agree with the original judge and feels what he did was illegal.

In principle I like that idea, like if some judge saw what that kid that killed four people got and said hell no.

But then again, seems like a grey area with double jeopardy.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I simply want to voice my support for this effort. We watch daily how police murder citizens, steal property, abuse after abuse and absolutely nothing is done. Police mock citizens when they mention the constitution, they laugh at you filming them (or much worse). This has been a long time coming and I hope thousands show up to put government thugs in their place.

A federal judge wanted to make an unfair example out of the ranchers by extending their sentences...really? What a piece of garbage.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good lord... everywhere I look I see people demanding drone strikes/Spec ops intervention..

Have we entered crazy town?

I have my limits... dropping a hellfire on the building would do nothing but inflame tensions across the country... Spec ops... what team do you pick, how do you know who will dutifully pull the trigger and who will go thats an illegal order heck no.

They are out in the sticks... put a fence up and some cameras up and some comm jammers and then leave an fbi or atf rapid reaction team close by and let them rot.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You really do like to pull things out of context and exaggerate them...

"Peaceful protesters? If that's the case - why are they saying things such as, "We will kill and be killed if necessary?"

To point out their resolution to save an old man and his son from going to prison AGAIN for 4-5 years and probably losing all they own in the process without reason. If that man was my neighbour, I'd probably say the same thing in these circumstances.

"They sound like a bunch of little precious snowflakes that didn't get their way, and are resorting to violence and intimidation to get their way. Not saying that it is bad and/or good, I'm just not one to whitewash the acts of the mentally-unstable as "peaceful," when it's far from peaceful as possible.

To me that sounds like an accute lack of respect for your fellow man. It shows that you have no intention whatsoever to find out what exactly is moving these people to do what they're doing. The outpost was unmanned, they did not have to infiltrate it. Nobody got hurt, no riots have taken place. If you consider busting in a door non peaceful then so be it. There's neighbours and community members up there with the militia, to protest the renewed imprisonment. Who are they terrorizing exactly?

"So - if I get butthurt over a court ruling, it'd be in my right to "peacefully protest," in the means of seizing a Federally owned building with about 140+ other armed men, and I should face no persecution and I have done no wrongdoings?"

The Hammonds have nothing to do with the occupation of the outpost. What exactly are you accusing them of? I bet if you were in their shoes you'd very much like these people standing up for your rights.

You come off as a very cold person, and very quick to throw out judgement.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So now, the press is on site and the (brave) cough, cough men are nice enough to conduct interviews.

Breaking news on Protests over Oregon national wildlife refuge: www.breakingnews.com...

Exactly what are the requests? Will they ask for forgiveness and no jail time when they are done doing what ever the # it is that they are doing? Do they really believe there are no consequences for thier actions?

Phhhhhttttt...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

They are out in the sticks... put a fence up and some cameras up and some comm jammers and then leave an fbi or atf rapid reaction team close by and let them rot.

They probably have a far amount of supplies but I think you're right.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Exactly. My question, have they requested anything besides "no further jail time for the father/son team? How long do they plan on "doing nothing"?

I don't not have a good feeling about the outcome.... how long until the water and electric are shut completely off? I'm sure there is a generator or they prepared well in advance and brought one.....I mean come on right?? After all, they're "planning on staying there for years, this isn't something thought up overnight"..

edit on 3-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: Sp

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join