It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity still Elusive?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Nochzwei

Oh I don't know.

Flim flam and snake oil have always been produced the old fashioned way, as attested to by the utterly unscientific approach taken to things by the fellow in the video I commented upon.
I find the video crude but highly scientific nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

At no point does anything in that video come across as being highly scientific. Recording the passage of what one must take on face value, as being an anti-gravity wave or some such thing, using a bloody CANDLE does not make for good science.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It was the other video in the post I was having trouble with, but thanks all the same.

The link that wouldn't work on your iPad? That link is to a couple of 'papers' uploaded by the OP on Scribd. The video I just posted was for the link to those 'papers' on Scribd. The link is in the video description, I was hoping that link would work on your iPad.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Ah... Yes... That has failed to load also. I often have trouble with scribd. com. That is to say, that every time I have tried it, the blasted thing fails to load.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Oh I don't know.

Flim flam and snake oil have always been produced the old fashioned way, as attested to by the utterly unscientific approach taken to things by the fellow in the video I commented upon.

As a scientist, I find the video crude and highly unscientific, I also find the PDF document to go along with the video, very unscientific also.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

At no point does anything in that video come across as being highly scientific. Recording the passage of what one must take on face value, as being an anti-gravity wave or some such thing, using a bloody CANDLE does not make for good science.
I can see that, you don't understand the use of candles em wave. You will have to watch the video again and listen very carefully

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

Oh I don't know.

As a scientist, I find the video crude and highly unscientific, I also find the PDF document to go along with the video, very unscientific also.
Then all I can say is, Bollocks, you are no bloomin scientist

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I certainly did watch the video, all of it, including the mumbled and barely coherent utterances of the videographer. Unfortunately, at no point during that video was an explanation of the use of the candle, as opposed to any other EM source/detection method, ever given. And while we are about it, what little the videographer had to say on the matter of the experiment itself, made NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER!

I even heard reference, in amongst the gibberish, to "proof that General Relativity is just wrong."

No one, who has ever had cause to use the word science as a verb when referring to their own endeavours, would ever utter such a ridiculous phrase, leave alone do so having provided proof of absolutely nothing whatsoever. It is bunkum sir. Bunkum and, dare I say it, poppycock.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
looks like you are not an engineer or scientist. watch the video again and listen carefully. just saying bunkum, does not make it so. everyone knows that. besides you have not posed any scientific question whatsoever

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Great - we went over that video 'evidence' in the ask any physics question thread for several pages with much the same kind of thing...

Various aspects of the video where presented by Nochzwei, and one by one each of them could easily be explained, but still, Nochzwei persists... and uses rather weird excuses as to why none of the predictions he/she makes or claims are basically none observable by anyone with any lab equipment anywhere, but, but someone doing an experiment with scrap like equipment can do it outside and so obviously it means GR is wrong.

Best part of it is the lack of understanding of the purple banding that appears on the videos due to CCD bleed... even that is apparently proof of anti-gravity... But hey, im not a Scientist right Nochzwei, because I looked at some 'evidence' and pulled it apart at the seams.... you know... like scientists do when they investigate...

(post by Nochzwei removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

Oh my... The CCD bleed, an artefact of image processing, being used as evidence for something strange and mysterious?

I think the point has been well made, but one cannot make the horse drink, having carefully guided it to water.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I used to think Gravity had something to do with the spinning speed of the Earth 1600 KM/H
But that did not fit with the spin speed of the moon which has roughly 13% equivalent of Earth gravity ( The moon orbits the Earth once every 27.322 days. It also takes approximately 27 days for the moon to rotate once on its axis 3,475 km which = About 5.36 KM/H ) or with the spin speed of Mars 868.22KM/H . Mars is Roughly half the size of Earth with 37.5% of the gravity. It does equate with the Mass of our known planets and moons..www.seasky.org...
I do wonder if gravity has something to do with Centripetal force exerted from the core of the planets, the mass of these cores which may or may not be spinning along with the known spin of the planets.

staff.washington.edu...

helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5 1 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added Link

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
HEH FINDING SOLACE WITH WORDS. TYPICAL
CCD ARTIFACTS ARE NOT FOR THIS THREAD. VERSTANDEN!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The theories exist. The numbers add up and we don't appear to have any major holes in our understanding.

Someone thinks that a bucket of water negates all that?

I think bent space sounds right to me.

You cant be serious about depression in space or time.
which numbers add up?

That's been proven. And you can do it with two Petanque balls, some string and a couple of pieces of wood. A webcam is great for making a timelapse movie.

www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: chr0naut

The theories exist. The numbers add up and we don't appear to have any major holes in our understanding.

Someone thinks that a bucket of water negates all that?

I think bent space sounds right to me.

You cant be serious about depression in space or time.
which numbers add up?

That's been proven. And you can do it with two Petanque balls, some string and a couple of pieces of wood. A webcam is great for making a timelapse movie.

www.fourmilab.ch...
describe the expt and results in detail in a post as I don't subscribe to bent space at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Gravitation under human control ?

Produce and detect gravitational fields at will using magnetic fields, control them for studying them, work with them to produce new technologies -- it sounds daring, but Prof. André Füzfa of Namur University has proposed just that in an article published in the scientific journal Physical Review D. If followed, this proposal could transform physics and shake up Einstein's theory of general relativity.

How Current Loops and Solenoids Curve Space-time
Andre Fuzfa

Namur Center for Complex systems (naXys),
University of Namur, Belgium
(Dated: December 15, 2015)

The curved space-time around current loops and solenoids carrying arbitrarily large steady electric currents is obtained from the numerical resolution of the coupled Einstein-Maxwell equations in cylindrical symmetry. The artificial gravitational field associated to the generation of a magnetic field produces gravitational redshift of photons and deviation of light. Null geodesics in the curved space-time of current loops and solenoids are also presented. We finally propose an experimental setup, achievable with current technology of superconducting coils, that produces a phase shift of light of the same order of magnitude than astrophysical signals in ground-based gravitational wave observatories.

Source : How Current Loops and Solenoids Curve Space-time

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join