It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity still Elusive?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Good data is worth a wait.

You may assume my forbearance, of course. Life must, after all, be lived.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Hello Kitty poster on that "thing". Yeah right. This was covered here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
Gravity is not at all elusive.
Don't believe me? Jump off the of of your house and it catches you every single time.
I mean if anything Gravity is kinda clingy, like that girlfriend you had in the 7th grade.
Lol nice one

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You are kind of right. Flesh and blood lifeforms cannot survive, where time does not exist. Its one of the bugs that needs sorting out.
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

My iPad refuses to operate the link you gave me!

Works for me so I'm not sure what the problem is. This video has a link in the description that you can try

Link to vid in case it's needed www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Hello Kitty poster on that "thing". Yeah right. This was covered here on ATS.

Yes it's been covered a bit, but did you know it's the OP's vid? That ''thing'' is what he's on about.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The most compelling theory I saw involved gravity being the equal and opposite force to electromagnetic radiation (light) emitting from the center of earth. In micro (zero) gravity, a flame creates a sphere

Johannes Keppler regarding this theory

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I remember reading an article in a science magazine about a supposed anti-gravity phenomenon, but it wasn't just iron. Basically when two objects of the same weight were dropped in a vacuum from the same height, the less dense object consistently landed a fraction of a fraction of a millisecond sooner than the more dense object. I don't remember seeing anything else since then so I figured it was a poorly conducted study that was disproved.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

You say that as if it's something that's taking place.

Fact is there is no viable evidence to suggest that humanity has mastered gravity or anti gravity for that matter. I wish this were not the case but it does not change the fact.

That being said I suppose if we were able to create an anti gravity field or bubble then it could also be possible to create another bubble of normal space time within such.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20223505]andy06shake

That being said I suppose if we were able to create an anti gravity field or bubble then it could also be possible to create another bubble of normal space time within such.
yes that's exactly wt I am working on currently

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Even if it were somehow possible to create a stable bubble of space time within a bubble of anti gravity, how would any occupants or instruments observe the outside universe while inside this bubble of anti gravity/negative gravity that apparently stops time?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They still can’t unite gravity with quantum mechanics

Einstein still rejected Bohr and Rutherford’s theories on the small

God doesn't play with dice so said Einstein and Niels Bohr said to Einstein

Its none of your dam business what God plays with!

edit on 4-1-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Even if it were somehow possible to create a stable bubble of space time within a bubble of anti gravity, how would any occupants or instruments observe the outside universe while inside this bubble of anti gravity/negative gravity that apparently stops time?
yes that's another vexing problem, we essentially wont know the answer, till we create both bubbles fully. the anti gravity bubble is not a part of our universe. bugs remain to be sorted out

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I remember reading an article in a science magazine about a supposed anti-gravity phenomenon, but it wasn't just iron. Basically when two objects of the same weight were dropped in a vacuum from the same height, the less dense object consistently landed a fraction of a fraction of a millisecond sooner than the more dense object. I don't remember seeing anything else since then so I figured it was a poorly conducted study that was disproved.

Also, during the early 90's word got around that an object spinning at extremely high RPM would accelerate slower in a fall. The experiment apparently consisted of lobbing two balls, one spinning at over 20 000 RPM and another not. The spinning one would complete a longer lasting arc. Within a couple of years pseudo science websites and conspiracy magazines were abuzz with stories and illustrations of secret projects pursuing anti-gravity craft based on the concept. Pseudo science I think was an understatement though and the excitement eventually faded.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

It was the other video in the post I was having trouble with, but thanks all the same.

Having watched the video you reupped just now, I have to say that I am unconvinced by the experiment. I am pretty sure I could rig a washing machine to do what this fellows device can do, and it would not be anti gravity in the least. Instead it would be a case of getting the thing to bounce fast enough, and hard enough that it appears to want to take off.

I have no idea what in the blue blazes the candles were about. There is nothing to learn from observation of a candle placed atop such an experiment.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
You couldn't see the flicker? What, other than antigravity, can explain that?

edit on 1/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hehe!

I assume you did not want a full list of potential causes?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Sigh! Fellas, they don't make them like they used to, do they?
a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Got the magazine.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Oh I don't know.

Flim flam and snake oil have always been produced the old fashioned way, as attested to by the utterly unscientific approach taken to things by the fellow in the video I commented upon.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join