It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,986 Shooting Victims in Gun-Controlled Chicago During 2015

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yearly crime drop across the country including Chicago can be attributed to 40+ years of abortions, so we need to factor that out first before we can say other things have reduced it.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vroomfondel
So, you agree that attributing the fall in crime the first quarter of 2014 to the new concealed carry law makes no sense when there are so many factors which come into play.

I agree that the new law was one of many factors that affected the statistics. You can rely on the dates if you choose, but there are some who would say that just the idea of conceal carry in Chicago had an affect on the criminals. Criminals are cowards by nature. Predators. They choose the weakest target every chance they get. The idea of the little old lady with a .357 doesn't sit well with them.

You seem very intent on proving this point. I don't know why it matters so much to you. There is enough evidence from all the states that have issued conceal carry permits showing a drop in violent crime. Whether there was a drop in crime prior to that is irrelevant in light of the naysayers who insisted that it would be like the wild west when the permits were issued.

And the statistics are always changing anyway. Some years are better than others. It is hard to pinpoint a reason for any fluctuation. The important thing is that law abiding citizens at least have a fighting chance now.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Are you honestly going to try and say that the crime epidemic in America is a result of people stealing from each other to eat?

Drugs are the root of the epidemic. Not paying for food, or the gas bill. Tax payers foot those bills.

Drugs and drugs alone are the cause for the shootings in urban areas.

Shooting to loot something to buy drugs, shooting to control the space to sell drugs, shooting to silence those who would narc on the ones selling drugs.

Put food on the table for the month with a gold chain. Your ass would be lucky to get one rock for a busted chain and you think your going to feed a family with it. It's almost laughable if it wasn't so pitiable in it's naivety.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20216580]CharlieSpeirs

Um, they get food stamps. They aren't selling gold chains for food. Seems you're a bit out of touch. They get free food, free healthcare, and incredibly affordable rent. It's greed that kills for a gold chain.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirsthe reason the gun violence is so bad is because criminals feel like its bloody unlikely the victim would be armed and this means they probably will be easy targets this is why places with out such stringent gun control measures has so much less gun crimes.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Sad stats.
Don't expect liberals to pay any attention to them. They'll just make excuses...or ignore them.

Let's address the issue. Bring ideas to the table.

Taking low-blows at your political adversaries does not produce results.

LOL!!!!

Ummmkayyy!

Can you not see the irony at all?

lol

Are you interested in a solution, or is this just going to be another thread where we play the same ole game of political back and forth? This issue goes beyond politics, but I see that some cannot get past that.

Point must have been lost on you my friend....I'm trying to get beyond the same ole game. I'm sick to death of it...perhaps the message got lost upon delivery somehow...

I'm sick to #ing death of the same ol' same ol'...

Status #ing quo doesn't work anymore...I know that.

What are your answers then, you have offered no solution to the problem, or even a mere idea on how to stop it.

Right back at ya....if I missed your "humanity saving" post...please forgive me but, where are Your Answers?

What is Your solution exactly....
Really??

lol

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Criminals are basically cowards if they see a gun on their potential victims, or think that the victim is carrying concealed, they will go find an easier target

That's obviously wrong because if it were true then the gangsters wouldn't be attacking each other all the time would they?

When I was growing up in the suburbs no one ever carried guns around and there was no violent crime, so the whole gun myth is complete B.S.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Criminals are basically cowards if they see a gun on their potential victims, or think that the victim is carrying concealed, they will go find an easier target

That's obviously wrong because if it were true then the gangsters wouldn't be attacking each other all the time would they?

When I was growing up in the suburbs no one ever carried guns around and there was no violent crime, so the whole gun myth is complete B.S.

They shoot at each other for many varied reasons I am sure you do not understand. It sounds like you had a fairly sheltered childhood. I know of no suburb that does not suffer from violence. Of course they fall short of the likes of Chicago, but still they are not immune. I spent part of my teens in a town that had a church on practically every corner, and was completely dry until the mid 80's. Even in a place like that I found myself getting shot at by some loser who thought I was sleeping with the girl of his dreams - his cousin. S#*t happens, even in the suburbs.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: wildb
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I am saying historically gun control has killed 100's of millions..

There is no gun control in Chicago. The laws say one thing, but you can get a firearm easily.

You finally said it. Chicago is a legislated "gun free zone". And you see that this kind of legislation does not stop criminals from getting guns. It only stops law abiding citizens. That is why the law abiding citizens get so mad every time some lack wit says we need tougher gun laws and more gun control. The only people it affects are the people willing to obey the laws and that is not who the laws need to be directed at. When someone proposes a way to take guns away from criminals they will have my vote. But when everything they say and do is dedicated at targeting law abiding citizens I will fight it tooth and nail, as should every person who has an interest in this battle.

Great, but futile post. They don't want facts, they want feel good ideas. Cain beat Able over the head with a rock, so blame the rock.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: xuenchen

...all...

I fully disagree with that.

We have illegal guns in the Uk too...

We don't have 3000 murders per year.

Find something else to blame.

Like the amount of guns available.
Or your terrible mental health services.

You can agree with those. They're both big government failures.

Apples and oranges.

You can't compare ANY european country to the US. To be fare to even try you would have to add ALL the European countries together to include many of the Eastern ones to do that.

Population size.
Land Area
City sizes (We have CITIES that have more population them MOST European countries.) New York City would rank 22 of 59 countries in Europe IF you includes ALL of Eastern Euorpe to include Russia.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: wildb
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I am saying historically gun control has killed 100's of millions..

There is no gun control in Chicago. The laws say one thing, but you can get a firearm easily.

You finally said it. Chicago is a legislated "gun free zone". And you see that this kind of legislation does not stop criminals from getting guns. It only stops law abiding citizens. That is why the law abiding citizens get so mad every time some lack wit says we need tougher gun laws and more gun control. The only people it affects are the people willing to obey the laws and that is not who the laws need to be directed at. When someone proposes a way to take guns away from criminals they will have my vote. But when everything they say and do is dedicated at targeting law abiding citizens I will fight it tooth and nail, as should every person who has an interest in this battle.

Great, but futile post. They don't want facts, they want feel good ideas. Cain beat Able over the head with a rock, so blame the rock.

I know and I agree to a point. Someone has to keep saying it. If not, then all people will hear is the same stuff that got that failed legislation passed in the first place. And you are spot on - I have called it feel-good politics many times. As long as they can pat themselves on the back, vote themselves a big raise, and go home surrounded by their armed body guards, they are perfectly happy to accomplish nothing.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What Chicago needs is more signs that say "Gun Free Zone".

That'll solve the problem!

To look at solving the problem NOW is like looking at a burning building and having a discussion on smoke detectors.

Elvis has left the building folks. The "solutions" for the past decade(s) have not, are not, will not. . . work!

edit on 5-1-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It is a cultural issue, but more a Chicago cultural issue. Same as Detroit, LA, NY and so on.

When the masses are given free crap to live, instead of being expected to work, this is what you get.

Inflicting Unconstitutional gun laws on the people in that area is the larger issue.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
PURGE THE CITY!

Not.

You can't fix people by changing what they already hate, laws.

You must change how they think, to change who they are, which will result in a collective change.

Thought is always before action, it's a universal laway, one does not DO or motion withouto firing neurons first.

That said, such demographics need serious intervention and adjustment from the establishment.

The worse part about this subject, the president of the United states lived in Chicago, and if Obama was not a greedy, dictator who makes executive orders... and cared a sliver about America, America would of been fixed in the tenure he has held POWER over its people.

The fact America is even more fkd up before Obama got in, says a lot of his accomplishments and noble prizes.

You can't announce laws over airways and expect mentally unstable, poverty, greed, lust, urges of lower human nature's. . To just correct itself.

You need personal and physical intervention, to rehabilitate the people in said demographics.

Deny ignorance. America and her President are filled with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In "Hindsight" with "eyes" in the back of their heads...

Eric "the" Holder speaks...

Published on Dec 17, 2012

President Obama promised "meaningful action" to prevent gun violence, but he didn't explain exactly what that meant. Although a push for some kind of gun control legislation seems likely, there's also the possibility of an anti-gun "informational campaign" as described in 1995 by then-U.S. Attorney Eric Holder. Holder, now Obama's attorney general, proposed using various levers of media and pop culture to attach a social stigma to guns, just as smoking has been stigmatized in recent decades.

"One thing that I think is clear with young people and with adults as well, is that we just have to be repetitive about this," Holder told the Women's National Democratic Club while discussing how to curb gun violence in D.C. "It's not enough to simply have a catchy ad on a Monday and then only do it every Monday. We need to do this every day of the week and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."

Eric Holder - We Must "Brainwash" People Against Guns! - (1995)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join