It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The physics of Derivatives , the financial WMD

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Thank you for your response.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

If banks are involved, then so is digital money backed by air. Bail-ins are here, no matter if derivatives are metaphysical or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

originally posted by: glend

I don't share your enthusiasm as the problem is not purely economic. If the recent growth in society resulted from cheap energy (oil as cheap as water) then society has to decline when that energy becomes more costly to deliver. Which results in a continuous roller coaster with worsening cycles.

1/improving economy uses more energy
2/energy becomes more expensive causing economy to decline
3/declining economy uses less energy
4/energy becomes cheaper allowing economy to improve
5/ go back to step 1.

A new world is coming if we like it or not.

You are missing the point. Assigning the Quantum mechanics duality (particle vs wave) to money makes the economics of supply and demand less of an interference.

This is how I see it....

if matter is vibration then one can view the vibration at its smallest point (particle) or at its whole (waveform) so its only a duality when we wrongly interpret a particle and a waveform as being two different things, One and both one are the same.

If you know Martin A. Armstrong he very much views wealth as waves which is helpful in calculating cycles and predicting future potentials. But I fail to see how this can counteract a world that runs on greed. Clearly human ego is a factor that needs to be corrected and that has nothing at all to do with economics.

I hope my uneducated simplistic view is not too annoying for you.
edit on 3-1-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I don't share your enthusiasm as the problem is not purely economic. If the recent growth in society resulted from cheap energy (oil as cheap as water) then society has to decline when that energy becomes more costly to deliver. Which results in a continuous roller coaster with worsening cycles.

1/improving economy uses more energy
2/energy becomes more expensive causing economy to decline
3/declining economy uses less energy
4/energy becomes cheaper allowing economy to improve
5/ go back to step 1.

A new world is coming if we like it or not.

You are missing the point. Assigning the Quantum mechanics duality (particle vs wave) to money makes the economics of supply and demand less of an interference.

This is how I see it....

if matter is vibration then one can view the vibration at its smallest point (particle) or at its whole (waveform) so its only a duality when we wrongly interpret a particle and a waveform as being two different things, One and both one are the same.

If you know Martin A. Armstrong he very much views wealth as waves which is helpful in calculating cycles and predicting future potentials. But I fail to see how this can counteract a world that runs on greed. Clearly human ego is a factor that needs to be corrected and that has nothing at all to do with economics.

I hope my uneducated simplistic view is not too annoying for you.

You have now changed the subject. First you were talking about the price of energy and economics of supply and demand and I said you were missing the point.

Now you are talking Quantum Physics

My dilema is which of your points am I supposed to address.

As I have already addressed your first point (about cheap energy) by saying you missed the point, I am now going to address the new point that you now seem to be making.

Your new point seems about wave-particle duality . You feel that matter is both particle (when pinpointed or observed) and a wave when considered as a whole. I have no problem with this and agree.

Then , you suddenly leave the world of Quantum mechanics and talk about Martin A Armstrong's views of wealth as waves and cycles. Then you move on to ego and greed. This has nothing to do with Quantum Mechanics

It is difficult to conduct a discussion with you if you keep changing the topic in the middle.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

I thank you, crowdedskies, for the info on QE, which is new to me. I can't wait to dig in and research some more.

Off the bat, I am scratching my head at this bit: "...but its implementation requires think tanks to be set up by the government first."

I can't help but ask this question... why does implementation depend on the government to set up think tanks?

You will have a hard time convincing me that the government can really get the best and brightest together in the same room, let alone give them actual freedom to do the work that needs done without corrupting it with politics.

No disrespect to the idea. Just a healthy dose of skepticism.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt

I thank you, crowdedskies, for the info on QE, which is new to me. I can't wait to dig in and research some more.

Off the bat, I am scratching my head at this bit: "...but its implementation requires think tanks to be set up by the government first."

I can't help but ask this question... why does implementation depend on the government to set up think tanks?

You will have a hard time convincing me that the government can really get the best and brightest together in the same room, let alone give them actual freedom to do the work that needs done without corrupting it with politics.

No disrespect to the idea. Just a healthy dose of skepticism.

Thank you for posting and staying on topic.

Think tanks are necessary because of the enormous amount of co-operation that will be required between Government, banks and those who postulate Quantum Economics. All must agree on the plan and objective.

For a start, banks will need to work in accordance with the direction from the government. All this is difficult unless everybody sits down and plans it.

edit on 3-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Thank you for the speedy reply!

I figure a think tank or working group of some kind will absolutely be necessary. And I agree government should be involved as a stakeholder in molding the process. As should banking. As should finance. As should manufacturing. Along with (most importantly) some very trustworthy non-governmental types that have the best interests of 'mere mortals' in mind.

I personally am not keen on having the think tanks created or molded by the government, however. In my experience, that tends to complicate things (a la our current USA Internal Revenue Service code of regulations). Complication (in my opinion) is akin to obfuscation.

The Wikipedia article on Quantum Economics does have some good information and citations from works by Mr. Schmitt and by some colleagues. I need to read deeper to absorb the context and implications before I can fully form an opinion.

Specifically check out the "Proposals For Reform" section.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt

Thank you for the speedy reply!

I figure a think tank or working group of some kind will absolutely be necessary. And I agree government should be involved as a stakeholder in molding the process. As should banking. As should finance. As should manufacturing. Along with (most importantly) some very trustworthy non-governmental types that have the best interests of 'mere mortals' in mind.

I personally am not keen on having the think tanks created or molded by the government, however. In my experience, that tends to complicate things (a la our current USA Internal Revenue Service code of regulations). Complication (in my opinion) is akin to obfuscation.

The Wikipedia article on Quantum Economics does have some good information and citations from works by Mr. Schmitt and by some colleagues. I need to read deeper to absorb the context and implications before I can fully form an opinion.

Specifically check out the "Proposals For Reform" section.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for checking this out.

Please note that I only came across Bernard Schmitt after I had intuited the mechanics of Quantum Economy.

-First, I was looking into Quantum Mechanics from the point of view of personal finance
-Then, I was looking into Quantum Physics with regards to derivatives
-Then I moved on to look into Quantum Physics as the mother of the bad boy derivatives as she would also be the source for correcting his faults
-Then I was led to Quantum Economics

The above is important to mention because, for me, Bernard Schmitt is one interpretation of Quantum Economics. Good to get a background but may need slight modifications in the modern world.

What one must not lose track of is : the concept of the duality of money (just like the particle-wave concept in QM).

Essentially, the government would run the show and banks would be following directives. Not difficult to imagine. For example, in the UK, the Bank of England sets the base rate of interest for bank to use. As long as banks make money, without damaging the economy and our future, everything should be fine. But it goes further; banks can now be an instrument to raise people out of poverty.

The key thing is to understand the unseen side of money. For example a dollar bill has two faces . One is its face value and the other side is like the wave in Quantum Mechanics. It depends on the observer or rather what you want it to be.

I will be leaving for the office now and be back in 10 hours . I will pick up the thread later.Thanks.

edit on 4-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A financial system that needs quantum economics is so layered up on the buy and sell side that in itself proves the financial system capable of using it is strong. Also If quant economics has a side that the banks can decide its value, then your talking about leveraging the value of the asset in question. That's not a big deal and done everyday in finance.

Also seems like this is a discussion toward UK finance and I'm talking from US finance. Funny thing is the way QE is being explained here is a loose description of US mortgage industry.
edit on 4-1-2016 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Other than being a victim, is there anyway I can use this information?
thanks

Yes, you can. The duality of money concept can be applied to personal finance too.

could you please explain how it could or is done. I'm interested in knowing more, thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think you are conflating 'derivatives' with 'financial instruments'.

A derivative is a 'financial instrument' constructed (read 'made up') out of other instruments that may or may not have a basis in tangible assets.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
A financial system that needs quantum economics is so layered up on the buy and sell side that in itself proves the financial system capable of using it is strong. Also If quant economics has a side that the banks can decide its value, then your talking about leveraging the value of the asset in question. That's not a big deal and done everyday in finance.

Also seems like this is a discussion toward UK finance and I'm talking from US finance. Funny thing is the way QE is being explained here is a loose description of US mortgage industry.

You are quite right. It is not something new as such. Also the term Quantum Economics is used loosely.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

thanks

Yes, you can. The duality of money concept can be applied to personal finance too.

could you please explain how it could or is done. I'm interested in knowing more, thank you.

At least , you are a practical person who gets right down to the urgent business.

As stated already, it is Quantum Mechanics at play.

Money has dual quality (just like the particle-wave principle in QM). For example a 100 dollar bill has a numerical value of 100 but it has also another side which is undefined but potent in terms of probabilities and eventualities (please note that I am explaining using my own words)

For you to get a better understanding , I can give you an example that I have just come up with.

10 young enterprising persons are invited to take part in a project. Their circumstances are the same : they recently left high school; live with mum and dad and are in their first job. Each is given $75,000 and asked to make the money grow and report back in 2 years' time.

2 years later they all report back. It turns out that each has performed differently. Even though each had the same amount of money ($75,000) to start with, the result was different in each case.

Please note the two sides of the money. One face had a numerical value of $75k but the other face (more importantly) was undefined and like a wave that could be shaped into whatever the observer could conceive.

The duality of money makes it possible to apply a little bit of "magic"
edit on 4-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

thanks

At least , you are a practical person who gets right down to the urgent business.

As stated already, it is Quantum Mechanics at play.

Money has dual quality (just like the particle-wave principle in QM). For example a 100 dollar bill has a numerical value of 100 but it has also another side which is undefined but potent in terms of probabilities and eventualities (please note that I am explaining using my own words)

For you to get a better understanding , I can give you an example that I have just come up with.

10 young enterprising persons are invited to take part in a project. Their circumstances are the same : they recently left high school; live with mum and dad and are in their first job. Each is given $75,000 and asked to make the money grow and report back in 2 years' time.

2 years later they all report back. It turns out that each has performed differently. Even though each had the same amount of money ($75,000) to start with, the result was different in each case.

Please note the two sides of the money. One face had a numerical value of $75k but the other face (more importantly) was undefined and like a wave that could be shaped into whatever the observer could conceive.

The duality of money makes it possible to apply a little bit of "magic"

thanks but I don't want to display my lack of intelligence any more than I have. cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I think this site explains it very well... LOL
Quantum Economics

It's all like a game of GO. So much behind the scenes divination and strategy occurring to yield in favor of certain "groups" that it would be hard to have any one program be able to determine the philosophy of this game/scheme and determine it's going ons... one thing we can clearly see if we choose to look is how corrupt it is.

leolady

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

thanks but I don't want to display my lack of intelligence any more than I have. cheers.

No problem. Even intelligence could not explain the improbable.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

I think this site explains it very well... LOL
Quantum Economics

It's all like a game of GO. So much behind the scenes divination and strategy occurring to yield in favor of certain "groups" that it would be hard to have any one program be able to determine the philosophy of this game/scheme and determine it's going ons... one thing we can clearly see if we choose to look is how corrupt it is.

leolady

What can I say. You did pick a site which is a comedy site ( I hope everybody realises that). It is quite funny and clever the way they put it and the terms used (moron, politon, currencon)

However, I am very serious and I do not joke about things which are very real.

edit on 5-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join