It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Cops execute Citizen in cold blood for riding while wearing headphones!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Stupid police. However, The OP should know better than post a snapshot of events that have little clarity, and should post all the video available.

edit on 2-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

Why did he run?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Stupid police. However, The OP should know better than post a snapshot of events that have little clarity.

Glad your post made it to the top of this page - take a good look at this full unedited video folks.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vector99

With the race aspect tossed aside, is this a clear case of the police over-reacting?

I believe this has the potential to cause these officers some problems. We will have to wait and see.

Hell yes! It was murder.

I'd like to get some more information before I jump to that extreme.

Link Xcathdra provided in the original thread

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: theySeeme

Why did he run?

Why was he stopped? Cops said they stopped him for wearing headphones - you don't find that odd? Everything after that fact is irrelevant, especially since they lied about the events that are clear on this recording; it shatters all police credibility on this case.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm looking in to it now. I try not to rush to judgement if I can help it.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So the police officers planted a firearm near the victim and shot him while cuffed?

Is that correct?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I can't tell what happened when the second shot occurred. I don't care to keep watching it to find out. I tried, I can't watch that.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So the police officers planted a firearm near the victim and shot him while cuffed?

Is that correct?

Pretty much, use the full screen. Why? is anybodies guess, but an MO comes to mind...that needs to be put to and end.
The OP headline is not helpful though, he/she should just stick to the police criminality, so should the local press.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Maybe next time try reading the article. He didn't have a concealed weapon. Police claimed he shot one of them, turns out - the cop shot the other cop.

What article are you referring to? The article in the OP clearly states they said they took a loaded weapon from him:

The deputies chased him and eventually caught up with him in a driveway next to an apartment complex. They pushed him to the ground, took what they said was a loaded handgun he had on him and tried to handcuff him.

OP article

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Bluntone22

They obviously overreacted.
Maybe next time don't run from the cops with a concealed weapon.

Well if it was concealed how did they know this? More importantly since when was it illegal to ride with headphones? Oh thats right he didn't hear their "unlawful request to stop". therefore shoot to kill.

Did you even watch the video?
The cops didn't get out of their car until he dropped the bike and ran. They found the gun when they had him on the ground.
He did not get shot because he was wearing headphones.

And yes, in long beach it is prohibited to wear headphones covering both ears while riding a bike.
www.bikelongbeach.org...

The cops most likely were telling him to take them off. He jumped and ran giving the cops probable cause to check him out.

edit on 2-1-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Please continue your discussion here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join