It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old girl shot after family makes wrong turn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Must be a dandy suburb.
I did a Google search on Misty Pine Drive, San Antonio, TX.
A home for sale in the 4100 block ad lists 38 registered offenders within one mile.
Is it an enclave for sex offenders.... or is this normal in Texas?
Scary.

And, I put the address of the incident into the Crime Tracker site, and the area they stopped is smack in the middle of one of the known "bad areas" in that town. As you can see from the screen capture, the crime rate is overwhelming in this area. So, the odds of it being gang related are very high, not 100%, but very high none the less.

Crime Tracker Page where the ScreenCapture was taken

When in a strange area for any reason, situational awareness is CRITICAL, especially when your family is with you. This is not blaming the victims here, only stating the value of situational awareness can be the difference between life and death.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: introvert

You obviously are not wise to the streets. No offense, you are just barking up the wrong tree from your ivory tower

Funny.

Actually, I know very well that this area is a high crime area and that it is most likely a "gang banger" that committed this act, but I was just having fun letting people hang themselves with their own stereotypes and racist inclinations.

So far it seems that some people believe that since this was in the city and it was a grey Impala, it must have been a black gang banger.

Forgive me for having fun at your expense and for you falling in to it. It seems a bit disingenuous for you to lecture me about street wisdom when you weren't even wise enough to see what I was doing.

edit on 2-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Streetwise, to me, means letting the PC ass kissing up to people that are outside of the arena, stereotyping often helps to keep your ass alive.
Someone else can interview all the people in a given neighborhood to see if it is a 'bad' neighborhood.... I will stand guilty of being non PC when it comes to the safety of my family.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It is possible that the make and model of the family's car was responsible for them getting shot.
The perp may have thought it was a gang rival that drove a similar vehicle.
Yes, I said GANG RIVAL.

(post by Jatam removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: KawRider9

Your post will antagonise a few people for obvious reasons. It's saying the family hold some responsibility for being attacked.

In a better world, people should be able to get lost, park up and have their lights shine anywhere at all without the risk of death. It's ridiculous that anyone should face death for doing what this family have done.

Thing is, we don't live in that better world, we live in this one. Being 'streetwise' is living life on the premise that most people present a risk to our safety or well-being. 'Don't stand out' is one of the main rules. I agree with you about being

mindful of your surroundings

It's such a shame that the price for being naive can be a six-year old kid getting killed. As much as it's worth being 'mindful,' isn't it a shame that the shooters aren't 'mindful' of being caught or 'mindful' of not being assholes?

Anyway, I just wanted to agree with you before too much flaming started.

I wouldn't agree there that's not what he said at all to be honest. He never really suggested the family held any responsibility he was just saying it could or may have been avoided.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Streetwise, to me, means letting the PC ass kissing up to people that are outside of the arena, stereotyping often helps to keep your ass alive.
Someone else can interview all the people in a given neighborhood to see if it is a 'bad' neighborhood.... I will stand guilty of being non PC when it comes to the safety of my family.

I agree. Stereotyping can play a big role in saving your ass on the street, but this is an internet forum where we are supposed to have intelligent discussions. Making assumptions in a discussion about the people who commit a crime based solely on the type of car they drive or they fact this occurred inside of a large city is completely ignorant.

It is possible that the make and model of the family's car was responsible for them getting shot.
The perp may have thought it was a gang rival that drove a similar vehicle.
Yes, I said GANG RIVAL.

Only if they were driving an Impala. Gang bangers only drive grey Impalas.

I learnt that today.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I learnt that today.

Then you still have much to learn.
Black Escalade.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I learnt that today.

Then you still have much to learn.
Black Escalade.

Escalades too?

Well, now things are becoming complicated. I see plenty of them at the golf course.

Why don't you provide a complete list of vehicles we need to be able to recognize as the official vehicles of gang bangers.

My Vietnamese neighbor owns a white Escalade. Is he a gang banger, or does it have to be black?

I really need your help in becoming "street wise".

(post by Jatam removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Racist inclinations?

What race are gang members, exactly?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

My Vietnamese neighbor owns a white Escalade. Is he a gang banger, or does it have to be black? 

Is referred to as 'Uncle' by other Vietnamese men?
He may run a string of grow houses.
$200,000 / year / house..... tax free.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Who said black? Seems yore the racist?

(post by Jatam removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Agenda much?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast
Racist inclinations?

What race are gang members, exactly?

Good question. Perhaps one of our street wise friends can answer that.

a reply to: butcherguy

Is referred to as 'Uncle' by other Vietnamese men?
He may run a string of grow houses.
$200,000 / year / house..... tax free.

You believe he may run a string of grow houses because he's Vietnamese and owns a white Escalade?

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Who said black? Seems yore the racist?

My apologies. Perhaps you can educate me on what you actually meant. What gang bangers live in the city and drive Impalas?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I ask you only because you made the logical leap from talkin about potential gang member to 'racist inclinations'.

So please, if you'd be so kind, answer the question and not pass it off to someone else.

I just want to understand the way you think.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Welcome to House Bill 910 of the Texas Legislature----Definitely not the brightest folks in power

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You believe he may run a string of grow houses because he's Vietnamese and owns a white Escalade? 

Of course not. This is another case of you jumping to conclusions when there is no evidence to support it.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

There's a race involved?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join