It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Force Awakens" Really Is Feminist Propaganda

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Feminist propaganda? Nah I do believe the force awakens is something called scrunching the past movies all into one movie and calling it good. I am more concerned about this movie being all the original movies only having a 1.2 at the end of there titles then anything else.

Not saying the movie was bad. But it was not all that great, in fact most characters were overdone and even Han just seemed to just want to get over with it and be killed off. In fact the new main characters Rey and Fin were pretty much the only interesting characters in the movie, and even they were kind of to quirky and seemed they tried to hard and overdoing things. But at least they were not as bad as jar jar binks, in fact I would say Rey makes a pretty good protagonist.

But for what its worth it was more interesting watching them then the other characters in the movie, really they were the only saving grace in the movie. As for all those force powers and what not? Its a movie, things like that happen, movie logic does not necessarily follow sequential order or have to do with anything else but entertainment.

I can only hope that the next movie in the series does something more and this whole thing gets fleshed out because for a second there and in especially in some scenes, it felt like I was watching the family guy star wars special reruns. This star wars movie was almost a parody of itself, but not quite, because it seemed that it was just not daring enough to even be a parody of itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

There were a lot of plot elements in Episode VII that were copied from the original trilogy, for the most part - less taken from the prequels though.

new topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join