It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Force Awakens" Really Is Feminist Propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Its starwars......

It about space wizzards.

It a bit of fun ....just roll with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Its starwars......

It about space wizzards.

Come now you know people that are awake can't do that..they decipher the truth in everything.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Tell you what
il bite:

originally posted by: Profusion

1. The female protagonist is a naturally great pilot. With no training or experience she's as good as anyone we've seen at piloting the Millennium Falcon.

Luke was farm boy who became the best X wing pilot in the galaxy and blew up the freaking first death star.

Talent out of nowhere in star wars has been done.

2. The female protagonist has more powerful mind tricks than anyone else in the movie (possibly in the history of Star Wars), with no training or experience

Actually no, only out of the films is that true. In the books (ok most of the EU is defunct but # disney). Force skills and abilities are a bit random and if she is indeed Luke daughter then its possible she will be naturally strong.

3. The female protagonist can naturally resist the mind tricks of a Sith Lord, with no training or experience

Kylo is not a Sith lord.

He is only at this point a dark Jedi. Half trained I might add.

4. The female protagonist can hold her own in a lightsaber battle with a Sith Lord, with no training or experience

Again he was not a Sith lord, just a half baked Dark jedi with a vader fetish.

5. The female protagonist is naturally awesome with a laser blaster, with no training or experience

Again so was luke.

6. The female protagonist is naturally brilliant at everything and she has no weaknesses

So was luke

7. The female protagonist doesn't need anybody's help, she's better than everyone else at everything anyway

Not really. I mean she got captured.

I wouldn't be surprised if in episode 8 we see Rey (the female protagonist) teaching Luke Skywalker about how to be a Jedi, that would be the icing on the cake.

Seeing as luke is a whiny little bitch maybe she ought too?

T

Females should get everything handed to them for free because females are naturally superior.

It's too bad that this movie will probably only exacerbate the delusion of a lot of young women.

Again its a film about space Wizards. Dont think its going to exacerbate the delusions here.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: crazyewok

Its starwars......

It about space wizzards.

Come now you know people that are awake can't do that..they decipher the truth in everything.

I watch starwars to escape from reality dont bring my baggage over into it

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

I don't even waste my time with Hollywood crap anymore. It has become nothing but propaganda and a unrealistic view of the world.

Starwars is about FREAKING SPACE WIZARDS!

If your going to starwrs to see a realistic view of the world then yeah your going to be disapointed.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Oh, last thread I herd the Rebels were Isis.

They are!

Rebel Scum are terrorists fighting the legally recognized govement and blew up 2 death stars with countless goverment workers in it

All Hail Emperor Palplatine!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: acrux
This movie is just a rehash of the previous movies' storylines.

* Give important data to robot that runs off into desert. (Star War 4)
* Rescue girl from enemy base. (Star Wars 4)
* Destroy giant death star/planet.(Star Wars 4 & 6)
* Sneak into enemy base to turn off shields to blow up enemy base. (Star Wars 6)
* Attack one point to destroy enemy base. (Star Wars 4)
* Run off to old allies for help. (Star Wars 5)

I sure other people can name more.

Hey , did someone lose a hand and get made a bad- artificial one ?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Anything with a female protagonist is seen as propaganda these days (MAD MAX etc), but only by the more paraniod and weak of us....

It kills me to say it but maybe the feminists have a point if we're so pathetic make up such nonsense for no other reason than to play the victim...

Man up ffs she's force sensitive/a future jedi...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You, uh...apparently don't get the idea that Rae is the new cool jedi kid on the block that is the latest to get ALL the power....

Piloting...resisting mind tricks...uncanny mechanic skills....all traits of strong jedi.

Wow, do you see feminist agenda in the clouds?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I did once see breasts in the clouds and I got upset that the clouds would be shaped like that, then I got strangely excited.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I did once see breasts in the clouds and I got upset that the clouds would be shaped like that, then I got strangely excited.

It's moments like that where I simply refuse to get up from my desk...Got a meeting you want me to attend? Get a conference call going...I'll dial in

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

did someones mommy not buy them a pony when they were a kid? Why the hatred towards women?
edit on 2-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You, uh...apparently don't get the idea that Rae is the new cool jedi kid on the block that is the latest to get ALL the power....

Piloting...resisting mind tricks...uncanny mechanic skills....all traits of strong jedi.

How could almost everyone in this thread forget how hard it was for Luke to become proficient as a Jedi (see the video below)?

Anakin began his Jedi training when he was a child (at the age of 9 years old, see the link below). In Episode 1, Anakin did show some abilities related to the force but he had little or no conscious control over them.

When Episode 2 begins Anakin is 19 years old. So, he had had about 10 years of Jedi training before he had achieved the mastery of the force we see from him in that film. The original trilogy and the prequels are consistent on this point, both Luke and Anakin had little or no conscious control over their force abilities until after they received proper training.

The facts above are consistent with what we hear from all the experienced Jedi in all six films, training is a requirement to become proficient in the ways of the force. It could be that Disney just decided to change all the rules that Lucas had established. I'm not saying that the theory I proposed in the original post is absolutely right.

But, it's as if most of the posters in this thread never saw the first six films.

Anakin's age

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-1-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
She was the best new character in Star Wars and a good role model for young girls. Strong independent, beautiful. Women want to be her. Men want to marry her. Well I do anyway
edit on 2-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

She has to have those traits or wouldn't survive the many brushes with death the hero has in the movie. Shes right on his arm and is exposed to the same against all odds dilemma.

Hollywood would have to either kill her off or show her hiding all the time.

Better to show her as also capable and leave out the training aspect.

Either that or its a formula driven thing to garner ticket sales. Star Wars primarily attracts nerdy guys who may not have as much intimate contact with women. The feminine qualities are left to ones imagination.
edit on 2-1-2016 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Anakin in Ep1 was a small child yet piloted a starfighter into space, built an android, and a pod-racer which he raced in a Derby and won!..

Luke was an accomplished T-16 pilot (could bulls-eye womp rats) and destroyed the DeathStar in his first flight in an X -wing....

Have you actually seen any of these movies?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

How could almost everyone in this thread forget how hard it was for Luke to become proficient as a Jedi (see the video below)?

Anakin began his Jedi training when he was a child (at the age of 9 years old, see the link below). In Episode 1, Anakin did show some abilities related to the force but he had little or no conscious control over them.

When Episode 2 begins Anakin is 19 years old. So, he had had about 10 years of Jedi training before he had achieved the mastery of the force we see from him in that film. The original trilogy and the prequels are consistent on this point, both Luke and Anakin had little or no conscious control over their force abilities until after they received proper training.

The facts above are consistent with what we hear from all the experienced Jedi in all six films, training is a requirement to become proficient in the ways of the force. It could be that Disney just decided to change all the rules that Lucas had established. I'm not saying that the theory I proposed in the original post is absolutely right.

But, it's as if most of the posters in this thread never saw the first six films.

Anakin's age

www.youtube.com...

And Luke's training with Yoda was maybe 2 or 3 years, I forget which. It would be different for each person. Rey also had to raise herself and learn some fighting skills. We still don't have her background.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join