It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koko the gorilla gives New Years message , "Man stupid… stupid! Koko sorry, Koko cry"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

I remember watching a documentary on mountain gorillas a while back. They are pretty much nomadic because they completely destroy the trees containing their food. They devastate the jungle wherever they go.

They may rip off tree branches to get to their desired food ... I doubt they uproot them and and throw them about.
If it is fruit they eating ... they will also plant it's seeds in a natural way ... unknowing

They are nomadic because they destroy their environment wherever they go.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: ugmold

The editing is probably because Koko needs to be asked questions , the video is a composite of the answers to questions asked.
Koko may or may not hold her own opinion but the message in the video is clear.

I thought it was Koko's message, not a series of questions.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yes they are beautiful animals
Yes we can potentially learn a lot from communication with them
Yes we should stop destroying their habitat
No we shouldn't take notice of a badly edited insultingly ridiculous propaganda video for cop21 and climate action.

edit on 2-1-2016 by MagnaCarta2015 because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
wow. actually being able to see what a gorilla thinks is amazing. im with koko but her species in our shoes would do the same thing. humans are young. were making our mistakes the only way we can. and maybe when its too late well be able to recognize the error of our ways.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

They are nomadic because they destroy their environment wherever they go.

Humans are far more destructive

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
When we read the entire article we see Koko is saying what she was asked to dictate... she likely does think we are a bunch of arses though... There is more truth at a used car lot than in media nowadays

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
What an intelligent, thoughtful gorilla. She could just be mimicking what she has been taught. Or copying someone outside of view. Why would they teach her "man stupid"? Or "Fix Earth"? Or "Help Earth"? Coco only knows what she has been taught so doing what she has been taught isn't like it is her thoughts. I just feel like there is much more to this than what we are shown.

I agree. It's just a SLIGHTLY edited video....

Not that I disagree with the message, totally. But I am totally against this "save the earth from getting warmer through taxes" and other BS like that.

I think we should and can do better as a species who manipulates their environment significantly. But I have absolutely no faith in COP21, the UN or any government/ politician.

Why make decisions on solutions, through ego and monetary restrictions, rather than arrive at a decision through the scientific method?

Oh that's right, the socioeconomic pyramid scheme doesn't fit within that realm.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: gortex

Koko!!!
You old hippy chick you have lost a lot lately and it has been a few hard years for you but we are trying you know not all of us are bad and many fight the good fight.
We will strive forward with the help of the great monkey sage and do much better in the future.
Yours your child BM xx.,

The majority on here would eat Koko and her Family without a thought, she is an animal, she is meat.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Gorilla burgers popular where you live then?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The message was scripted by NOE Conservation, based in France, whose main focus is preserving biodiversity, and The Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, California, where Koko has lived since 1979, immersed in human company.

(...)

The video was made to help get NOE Conservation’s message across for the recent UN Climate Conference in Paris.

(...)

‘We presented her with a script drafted by NOE and allowed her to improvise during a series of brief daily video discussion sessions. The result was edited from a number of separate takes, for brevity and continuity.’ The spokesman said Koko had to learn ‘a few new signs’ for the video including ‘protect’ and ‘nature’.

Linky!

So not only did she not originate this, she didn't even know the concepts. And then put together a lot of bits and pieces where they got her to sign with the script.

Total bull#.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Someone please tell Koko... Man not stupid, Koko stupid! Do you think it would be like the teasing the Bigfoot commercials?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

But she has a kind heart and that's why she chose to work with them by following the script. She knows she's a gorilla and wants the best for her kind (not to be alone and extinct).

She has cried many times losing her gorilla friend (I think Michael was his name, I could be wrong), and she also cried when her pet cat died.

She has more compassion than some human beings, which is sad since human beings have written language and many stories about the suffering racism, homophobia, and war brings. We should have even more Compassion not less than a gorilla that doesn't know thousands of years of history.

By the way, to all of those people talking about her "hippy" handler, that "hippy" once tried to teach her about Catholic/Church beliefs.

edit on 2-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think a person attempting to call Koko stupid might be in for a whole world of pain. Personally I'd rather communicate a message of love to a beast in captivity. I understand little of animal psychology and behaviour but sometimes they just kill themselves like us humans too. I couldn't sleep with that on my conscience, not so early in 2016...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Bedlam

But she has a kind heart and that's why she chose to work with them by following the script. She knows she's a gorilla and wants the best for her kind (not to be alone and extinct).

She has no clue about such things. They got her to sign along with the script (although it apparently took a lot of tries) and then cut out the bits where she was signing something else.

If you look at primate communication like this, they don't have any idea about hypotheticals such as "being the last of her kind" or "gorillas being extinct".

It's a bit like one of those dog food commercials where they morph the dog's mouth to match the overdub. It's not that the dog's understanding the script. Or has a kind heart.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Koko, Im just on my couch having a pre dinner cocktail before heading off watching you , all alone, call me stupid from your cage.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
How do we know what she was told (news stories, etc) to develop this statement IF she even developed it on her own??

My own sister only a few years ago simply regurgitated her mother's political opinions nearly word-for-word on everything. I specifically remember when I asked her about the 2008 election hopefuls she literally said "I believe in republican."

So just consider that for a moment.

My sister is much better now, haha and by the way, I'm not particularly of one party view or another.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
So many jump cuts we jumped the shark.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JayTeee

Koko, Im just on my couch having a pre dinner cocktail before heading off watching you , all alone, call me stupid from your cage.

Koko can not read and is not a member of ATS

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

koko shouldnt bite the hand that feeds her, Gortex good man, but shouldnt proclaim to apologize for Man, The earth is not dying unless you want to buy into the NWO UN agenda 21blah blah blah

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
is there no limit to how low global warming extremists will go to propagate their doctrine, isnt it bad enough they brainwash children , do they really have to go outside their species and groom gorillas to preach their ideology.

Note from The Gorilla Foundation : This video was made with footage of Koko reacting after being familiarized with the issues. The video has been edited to maintain continuity.

Children Indoctrinated About Global Warming

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join