It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother's Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
When I was a kid we lived not far from some sea cliffs. My oldest brother(may he rest in peace) went out riding his bike along the cliff's and a golden fur dog followed him home.
My brother was a tough one, very cool, artistic and intelligent, confident and full of all sorts of humor. It was a strange childhood we shared and we had alot more freedoms that children today don't seem to have. You would think my parents would have done the "proper'' thing to see if anyone was missing a dog, but no the golden one was to be my brothers dog. There was also no problem with letting him roam the neighborhood. The dog stayed both in and outside of the house. My oldest brother loved his dog and made a dog house for him that he lined with a silvery emergency blanket for when he stayed in the yard. The good dog was fiercely protective of all my siblings and if there appeared to be any danger to us went into a barking and growling fit.
My Dad's friend came over one day and when he saw the dog said,'' that was my dog.'' Well the dog didn't like my dad's friend and only wanted to growl and bark at his previous owner. There was no dispute as to where the dog belonged.
One day the dog died and my dad went to the vet to get an autopsy. Something fishy happened that I'm not too clear on to this day.
The day the dog died, I saw my oldest brother sad and crying for the first and only time.
To me, dogs are very emotionally invested in their relationships with humans. This is something that I struggle with after loosing my oldest brother about four years after his dog died.
Maybe I find comfort in cats more than dogs because cats as much as I want to cuddle them, go on as if they really don't need my attention all that much and when I do get their attention and affection it makes up for their aloofness.
The reason I decided to share my first experience of knowing a dog as part of the family is because I just watched a short video about a stray dog. The stray dog my oldest brother brought home was called, Straygo.
Here is the tear jerker, be prepared to sob... and it will make you want to do an act of compassion.

edit on 2-1-2016 by peppycat because: youtube stuff

edit on 2-1-2016 by peppycat because: capitlization

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Domesticated animals are certainly a joy to behold. They don't suffer from the afflictions that the human race does. Your video, by the way, was pretty sad.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ExcelsisDei I don't know how or why I come across these video's but I was balling. It made me think of the happiness my brother gave and received to his dog and made me feel like doing something compassionate for not only the suffering animals in the world but people too.
At least the poor dog at the end of his life finally received love. He seemed like a harmless and good natured Ol' Boy and if there is such thing as reincarnation, he will feel better in the next life.
Thank you for reading my post and responding!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
can you tell me what the dog in the videos dying wish was? I don't want to watch it.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07 He wanted to be loved and at home. They had a psychic animal communicator that told them this. The Dog's wish was granted and they stayed with him, giving love and I think prayer. The people in the video believe he will be reincarnated into a better life.
The dog also wanted to be brought to a beach and have his ashes scattered there, where his spirit can run free.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

well thats nice. Its too early in the morning to get all mushy

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07 Sometimes it's good to cry, so only watch it if you can have red swollen eye's. It's a bittersweet little video.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Too sad. I don't cry to easily, but this video sure pulled at my heart strings. Many dog lovers who have lost a part of their family can surely relate to this.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that.

We lost our dear dog a few months back.....I tried to watch, maybe in a few months.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Pets are part of the family and losing one is so difficult. Can't bring myself to watch the video right now, maybe later.

A few years ago we had to put our sweet cat Sasha to sleep, she was suffering from kidney failure and everyday was getting more difficult for her. Wish we could have done it at home but we had to take her to the vet. They gave her the medicine while my husband and I rubbed her and told her how much we loved her. We stayed long after she was gone... We had her cremated and she still sleeps next to me every night. She was our first family pet together, I brought her in to the marriage and she converted him from a dog person to a cat person. We both loved her very much, still do.

In August 2014 there was a 6.0 earthquake centered 2 miles from our home. A week before that I told my husband that I though we were going to have an earthquake. We took her box, wrapped it up and put it in a drawer. We also took a lot of antiques off the shelves and put those away too. 10 hours before the quake, my husband implied I was crazy and put all the antiques back up. Sasha stayed in my nightstand drawer, safe. The earthquake hit and all the antiques broke. The cats box however remained safe and sound, tightly wrapped in my bedside drawer. Had her box been out, her ashes would have spilled out of the box.
edit on 2-1-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy My condolences and I'm sure your dear cat appreciated your being there for her as she went into the next life.
Loosing cats has always been difficult for me as every cat I've ever known has been a mostly outside cat and they have always wandered off near the end.
A good friend of mine has her Cat's ashes in a special box at her home and I'm glad yours remained safe, thanks to your intuition to think ahead.
I personally believe animals have a soul and it matters how we treat them at all parts of their lives.
Thank you for sharing your personal story.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe My condolences on your loss. I recommend only watching the video if your absolutely ready to deal with any sadness that needs to be released.
The people in the video believe that the animal passes into the next life to be reborn with a karmic debt being paid. In my own studies of karma and reincarnation, some souls go through a hard life not only for their own soul but others as well. The dear dog in the video will defiantly move on into knowing a sense of love, home and belonging to family. The video is sad and bittersweet with a deeper message about compassion for those who are not doing any harm yet, suffer in this life. I personally believe animals have souls and go on into whatever is in the next life.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons I don't intend to cry and don't necessarily go looking for sad things, but apparently I needed to release some buried sadness about things in my life. This dogs life and message for me was how important it is to show compassion. I felt better after crying and learned alot from the video.
Thanks for taking the time to read my OP and watch, what I felt was a small, simple yet powerful lesson about caring for souls.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Thank you.

FWIW, I truly believe dogs have souls/spirits or whatever you want to call them.
Our dear dog has briefly visited me several times since her passing, so the sadness is for losing her, at least for this lifetime.

I'll save this thread for a time when I need the release....but thoughts of Emily can still bring tears easily.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

i'm bringthis up once more...
because people care over dog food in china...
the celebration they have to torcher dogs...
sorrythis is very disturbing

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

book sggestions,pineal gland studies
edit on 2-3-2017 by peppycat because: i support pumps charity cause and can only prayer

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thanks for posting peppycat,

Been in such state of depression lately that crying, laughing or any emotion started to feel so foreign, started to feel like I had lost my humanity, the tears that this video let me shed helped me realize I am still alive.

I don't know how or why I come across these video's

It was meant to be.

Otherwise we wouldn't have this thread

top topics

join