It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Vitamin Movie free to watch for 14 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This movie was crowfunded and it's now out but you can watch it for free for a short period of time after that period, you'll have to pay. Andrew Saul, Sayer Ji, Joseph Mercola, etc, they're in it so no bs, no shills, no quacks.

I am watching it as I write this and I gotta share it with like-minded people who believe in natural healing.

thatvitaminmovie.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: goeasy

Haven't seen it yet, but I wonder what #[insert product name here]# they will be selling.

In the real world, vitamins should be coming from our foods. Our entire digestive system is set up for that express purpose of extracting those vitamins and nutrients. Eat natural unprocessed foods and you don't need bottles of expensive chemicals masquerading as 'healthy'.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this, it appears to be an excellent source...

After having watched about 25 minutes of it and spending another 30 minutes or so checking out a few of the people in the film (see links below ⏬), I would HIGHLY recommend that everyone watch it.

It's only available for free for the next two weeks and downloading it via the 'Downloadhelper' plugin isn't working for me (yes it's that good).

There is also a two minute trailer for the movie here.

According to Andrew Saul's website, a second documentary, called 'EATING YOU ALIVE' will be released later in 2016.

This is the 'EATING YOU ALIVE' trailer:

Some info that relates to this:

We asked some leaders in the field of age management medicine to list their top vitamins and supplements for use in an age management medicine practice. Derrick M. DeSilva, Jr., M.D. was particularly vehement. "There are really only three to five that I would recommend for all patients."...

Here are those that were listed the most:

Coenzyme Q10
CoQ10 was the only supplement listed by every one of our experts without exception.

Alpha-Lipoic Acid
Named by nearly all respondents, alpha-lipoic acid is another very effective antioxidant.

Probiotics
While this is a rather general heading, probiotics were also listed by nearly all respondents. Dr. DeSilva has stated, "A properly functioning immune system is obviously one of the most important factors to maintaining good health, and if the immune system remains intact, you’re clearly going to age better.

Vitamin D
Also named by nearly everyone (either as vitamin D or D3), this vitamin (actually, group of vitamins) is essential for the normal mineralization of bone, prevention of neurological and muscle spasms and muscle cramps, and important for maintenance of many organ systems. Among other benefits, vitamin D3 has been shown to be an effective treatment for symptoms of fibromyalgia, most recently in a study published January 17th in the journal PAIN. Perhaps most significantly, vitamin D has been cited as helping to reducing cancer risk.

Here are the individual lists:

Derrick M. DeSilva, Jr., M.D.

Everybody should be on 3 to 5; the top 3 everybody should be on:

• Probiotic
• Vitamin D
• Omega-3

Additionally:

• CoQ10
• For a man, some kind of prostate support
• B vitamins are extremely important
• Good liver support is important

Beyond that, it really depends on your age and what medicines you’re on. The problem with a longer list is that people won’t even take 1, let alone 10!

Experts Weigh In on Top Vitamins and Supplements

Wonderful video!! I've been studying and using vitamin C for 2 years. Dr Saul's information conforms 99.99% with the information from other top vitamin C experts. One exception - he said ascorbic acid can be buffered with calcium. Yes, it can, but this is not recommended! Use baking soda 2:1 (which makes sodium ascorbate) or magnesium, if buffering is necessary. (Google Dr Thomas Levy about that.) Nevertheless, Dr Saul is extremely knowledgeable, wise, and a man of integrity!

Dr. Andrew Saul: The MegaVitamin Man

YouTube video search:

Dr. Andrew Saul - YouTube

Dr Thomas Levy: Vitamin C - YouTube

edit on 2-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Haven't seen it yet, but I wonder what #[insert product name here]# they will be selling.

In the real world, vitamins should be coming from our foods. Our entire digestive system is set up for that express purpose of extracting those vitamins and nutrients. Eat natural unprocessed foods and you don't need bottles of expensive chemicals masquerading as 'healthy'.

In some cases that is true. In some it is not. I am prescribed 50k units of vitd3 for the next 7 weeks and then it will be
2k units a day. There is not enough in food, most of the year we have little sun here and I have had skin cancer, so I am not supposed to spend much time in the sun.

There are some amino acids the body doesn't produce enough of.

You should not say such a blanket statement. Pregnant mothers certainly need pre-natal vitamens, or are those just bottles of expensive chemicals?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

In some cases that is true. In some it is not. I am prescribed 50k units of vitd3 for the next 7 weeks and then it will be
2k units a day. There is not enough in food, most of the year we have little sun here and I have had skin cancer, so I am not supposed to spend much time in the sun.

You should not say such a blanket statement. Pregnant mothers certainly need pre-natal vitamens, or are those just bottles of expensive chemicals?

While vitamin mega-doses may be efficacious in treating specific conditions, a reasonably healthy person should be able to get well above RDI levels of all vitamins from food. Those intake recommendations are supported by much research and measurements of the effects of the nutrients.

The caveat is that there are some conditions which can make elevated doses of vitamins toxic and there are maximum levels, beyond which, most vitamins become toxic.

Consider your 50,000 IU of D3, in a few months at that level you would begin to experience a build-up of Calcium in your blood causing nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite. Your body would also have issues excreting the build-up and would likely cause increased urination, weakness and potential kidney problems (which would compound the excretion issues, causing a runaway escalation of problems). The standard RDI of D is @ 600 IU for comparison. There is a handy calculator at the Norwegian Institute for Air Research - Calculated Ultraviolet Exposure Levels for a Healthy Vitamin D Status which you could see how long in the sun would be required for you to reach your RDI. I do understand that, with a history of skin cancer, supplementation would be preferable to exposure.

* Disclaimer: The dosage and the period that you have been prescribed at that level seem to be OK (I can't speak to your condition, I'm not a medical doctor and don't know the full details, either. So please take what I say with a grain of salt and defer to the expert opinion over mine).

BTW, I wish for you a rapid and comfortable recovery.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Just finished watching. Excellent movie. It reminded me to add niacin and b complex and extra C to what I already take.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Awesome Doc!!

Thanks for this...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

While vitamin mega-doses may be efficacious in treating specific conditions, a reasonably healthy person should be able to get well above RDI levels of all vitamins from food. Those intake recommendations are supported by much research and measurements of the effects of the nutrients.

The caveat is that there are some conditions which can make elevated doses of vitamins toxic and there are maximum levels, beyond which, most vitamins become toxic.

Consider your 50,000 IU of D3, in a few months at that level you would begin to experience a build-up of Calcium in your blood causing nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite. Your body would also have issues excreting the build-up and would likely cause increased urination, weakness and potential kidney problems (which would compound the excretion issues, causing a runaway escalation of problems). The standard RDI of D is @ 600 IU for comparison. There is a handy calculator at the Norwegian Institute for Air Research - Calculated Ultraviolet Exposure Levels for a Healthy Vitamin D Status which you could see how long in the sun would be required for you to reach your RDI. I do understand that, with a history of skin cancer, supplementation would be preferable to exposure.

* Disclaimer: The dosage and the period that you have been prescribed at that level seem to be OK (I can't speak to your condition, I'm not a medical doctor and don't know the full details, either. So please take what I say with a grain of salt and defer to the expert opinion over mine).

BTW, I wish for you a rapid and comfortable recovery.

Yes. The full course of 50k iu per week lasts 10 weeks and then drops to a smaller amount and then about 6 weeks later, my doctor will take blood tests again.

There are vitamins with toxic levels. Too much Vit C and ic causes loose stool. One can see that. I had also read that vit K can be overdone.

The movie goes over a lot of that and it is not selling any product.

And, thank you. Vit D deficiency is actually a widespread problem. Even though my doctor is very old and has a conservative practice, it is one of the first things he tests and keeps testing.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

thanx for sharing , im watching right now , lots of information

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have a sensitive tummy,so I take liposomal vitamin c.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

2k units a day.

Consider your 50,000 IU of D3, in a few months at that level you would begin to experience a build-up of Calcium in your blood causing nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite. Your body would also have issues excreting the build-up and would likely cause increased urination, weakness and potential kidney problems (which would compound the excretion issues, causing a runaway escalation of problems).

----

Why would a prolonged high dose of Vitamin D3 cause a build up of Calcium?
Most, if not all of the high dose Vitamin D3 dont include calcium.
edit on 2-1-2016 by maya27 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2016 by maya27 because: Trying to fix quote in post.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm glad some people have the time to watch it, great documentary. Although, I knew there would be somebody with a "you don't need vitamins, it's just expensive urine, just eat right" mentality. Christ, there's always one.

Meanwhile, did anybody have the chance to buy Andrew Saul's Megavitamin course? At 127$ for even the basic level, it's too expensive for my near-empty checking account. If anybody could just share only the all recommended vitamins, supplements and dosage in it and only those, oh man, that would be really cool, plxthx.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I watched it and found it really interesting. I have suffered with CFS/FMS for over 2 years and have found supplements beneficial. I take 5000u Vit D3 every day with no ill effects after 20 months (physician request). As I take 9 supplements a day I have tried dropping one to see any effect. After stopping sub-lingual methylcobalamin (B12) I was ok the first week then deteriorated over 2 weeks so started taking it again and my health improved after 3 days. Same thing happened with CoQ10.

I searched Dr Saul and he co-authored a book on Curing CSF with Vitamins. I have ordered it.

Someone recommended magnesium citrate although I have read that chelated magnesium is preferable but more expensive. Sadly it did nothing for my pain, not even magnesium baths (Epsom salts).

I am waiting for rickymouse to post. He has in-depth knowledge of supplements.

edit on 2-1-2016 by deliberator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: maya27

2k units a day.

Consider your 50,000 IU of D3, in a few months at that level you would begin to experience a build-up of Calcium in your blood causing nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite. Your body would also have issues excreting the build-up and would likely cause increased urination, weakness and potential kidney problems (which would compound the excretion issues, causing a runaway escalation of problems).

Why would a prolonged high dose of Vitamin D3 cause a build up of Calcium?
Most, if not all of the high dose Vitamin D3 dont include calcium.

Perhaps the best answer I can give is this Wikipedia article (which means that I don't actually know the full biochemical details, just found out a bit about the measured details).

edit on 2/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
One thing about this "stuff" is it isn't a matter of "belief" in orthomolecular medicine, but rather being educated about the rather intensive research that exists... and knowing that it isn't all kooks who promote this... it works and then the people who know become a bit enthusiastic about it.. .with good reason, but it can be off-putting, heh.

This info saves and improves lives, and the movie is well done.. . so thanks for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I need to get a 3rd job so I can afford the good foods..

True story .................

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I tend to eat stem cells from fetuses to keep the skin smooth.

I tell you what really came in handy is the Nutribullet Rx, I drop them in and hit the button and fugedabowdit.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Good news: the free viewing has been extended until January 17th, 2016!

Go watch it if you haven't yet!

Still, anybody who bought the Mega Vitamin course?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
How do I watch the whole movie? I'm confused, I saw the 30 minute portion.😩

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
if your not one for clicking links, here's the jist of it...

no thank you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join