It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die Antwoord Fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I love Die Antwoord. I notice there are a lot of Die Antwoord fans on this site.

What do you think the correlation is?

Because they are "anti-Illuminati"? Or because they are awesome, and mindblowing, and people that like to have their minds blown like Die Antwoord and like ATS?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Dude they are AWESOME! And I only discovered them because of the movie Chappie. I love their music style and the way they blend their genres. Also just lots of energy in their music. Thank you chappie, and now for the videos!

This one is creepy funny, but I like the dance moves.

This one is my favorite, mostly because they are poking fun at Lady Gaga.

Props to Yolandi and Ninja man, I would love to hang out with them one day!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I don't want to sound negative but daaaaaamn i can't listen to their #. And i'm a hip hop head (old skool)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I like Die Antword themselves more than their music. The music is a little intense and not the sort of rap/hiphop i prefer..

But their attitude,imagery and yes ANTI ILLUMINATI stance is pretty kick ass. And even though she might be a demon i think that Yolandi chick is super fit...

I think vigilantcitizen.com first introduced me to them.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

yea may old skoolers will not be too much of a fan, unless their international citizens. One's taste in music would have to be quite varied to appreciate their style. I listen to everything from EDM (formerly known as 'techno music') to rap/hip-hop to country to metal and even classical and Christian inspirtional. So I was rather naturally attracted to Die Antwoord's style. I love their energy and general attitude. Plus the videos are hilarious!!

This one has a few cameos we all will recognize

edit on 2-1-2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

youtu.be...

a member on ATS introduced me

(Sorry Rev sharing your video)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Old news.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I appreciate the links brought up... I started to get exposed to them a while ago and found them really interesting. But no one I tried to mention them to had ever heard of them- I started to think they were super obscure.
Funny to learn there are numerous fans here!
Now off to watch the links....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Old news.

there is no news here to be old.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I love them!
Their creativity and original style is awesome,
I love the discovery of such different cultural references....
I know very little about South Africa, but their videos and music spurred me to read and learn more about it.
I love art that incorporates a lot of subliminal messages and symbols anyway, it's like a mind tickle.
I woke this morning with one of their songs playing in my head this morning.

edit on 7-1-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I just watched the movie "Chappie"... I had never even heard about it until yesterday.
Fun movie for Die Antwoord fans.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
the best thing about ninja and yolandi is their uncompromising attitude.

i have been reading a lot about them. they were wired a million dollars by interscope to make one of their cd's more marketable and to collab with someone. they wired it back.

i just watched a vid where ninja was talking about how he was at kenye's house. they were talking music. in the end he said he blocked kanye number cause he is too weird. i thought that was cool.

i mean ninja is worth a few million now but kanye is one of the biggest starts on the planet. as far as music and production goes at the moment. you would think ninja would be sucking his ass so maybe he could blow up even bigger but he and yolandi dont care about that # and that is what makes them awesome.

they do what they want. i liked yolandi from the jump but it took me a while to warm up to ninja. dude is smart. he may not come off like it but he is. very creative too. has a #load of material out and not just songs....almost like streams of consciousness.

if you come across an album called the ziggurat by the constructus corp you should buy it up. that is something he put out in 01 and it is going for like $500 on ebay right now. very hard to find.
i will be in south africa in january so i figure if i can find that anywhere it will be there.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
my current favorite

top topics

join