It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the 4th dimension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
what is the 4th dimension and how do I find it. Is it similar to what I experienced on ACID? I tripped with a witch, she could stop time.
Then things got really wierd. Telepathy, total communication, frozen in time, without using our mouths and without anyone else hearing. She could shape shift, change herself and other things in the room. She could make me see whatever she wanted me to see. There were other souls in the room...ghost I guess. They wanted to talk but I was a little nervous about that. After I stepped back in to my normal dimension, I was incredibly freaked out. That all that happened. What the hell was that? I am interested in further exploration but have no idea how. I know that ACID is not a necessity, simply a short cut. Anyone????

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I heard time is the fourth dimension. Someone else back in my freshman year of high school said it was like being able to see all sides of an object at the same time, but I think time is actually correct.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yeah Time is the fourth demension as stated by Einstein. TO be able to see all sides at once would be neat, but i heard that instead you would see the past presnt and future of a 3 dimensional object at the same time. Although if time is the fourth dimension than arent we in a 4 dimensional world because we are effected by time constantly?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think the idea is that we live in a 3 dimensional universe traverling through the fourth dimension(Time). Although this other view of the fourth dimension reminds me greatly of a story by Algernon Blackwood called "A Victim of Higher Spaces." I had a proffessor last year that subscribed to this view after reading this story, but he was a quack for other reasons so I never really paid attention to what he said.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think time is the most reasonable.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I thought time wa fourth dimensional energy, and that the fourth dimension is a hypercube.
You know, lline, square, cube, hypercube. A hypeercube, if I am correct, was theorized to be an object of which you can see the inside and outside of at the same time, like it is in all places at once. So, I guess time could be a hypercube, as we see time happening from the inside, yet we are inside of it. Damn, physics gives me headaches. I'm going to watch Godzilla movies.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think what you experienced was more acid hallucinations than a view in the 4th degree
(Chuckles)

We live in the 3D. We have length, width, and height and can travel...well, you already know all this.
For the 4D you add time. The thought is that 4D is length, width, height and time. It isn't just time, it's a way of seeing things I guess you'd say.
Like more perception range and movement and form.

Sigh. I don't think I can teach this.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You so did not just call me a druggie. That's it the gloves are off. But no, seriously, for a while the Hypercube theory was 'in style'. And if you take a second to think about what I'm saying it works. Time is a hypercube. A never-ending cube that can be seen inside-and-out all at once.And I'm not a druggie. I'm a commie and a trekkie, but not a druggie.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I bet we actually live amoung extradimensional beings and just don't notice them because they avoid it by only moving in those extra dimensions. Maybe bigfoot is an extradimensional ape who accidentally moved the wrong way.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
mounting evidence supports the notion that motion in 3 dimensions IS the 4th.

That is to say, when we observe things moving in our 3 dimensional world, it is a token of a fourth dimension.

This concept still involves time, because one cannot have displacement in 3 dimensions without time being involved.

��

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Go to www.blazelabs.com...

On the annoying floating banner which always stays at the top of the page, click on Food for Thought - The Particle.

Read till the cows come home.

If you need help, I will be in the 5th dimension painting.

��

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
For all those that actually want to know what the 4th dimension is, visit the link below. It has a pretty extensive flash presentation with interactive movies. Worth a look.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There are two forms of the fourth dimension.

1. We live in a four-dimensional universe, three spatial measurements and one temporal.
2. There is also a fourth spatial dimension

There are twelve dimensions, and a 26th dimension, there is no dimensions between 12 and 26 it just skips those.

There was also a recent thread on the fourth-dimension, I suggest doing a boolean search before you start a thread.

top topics

join