It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 Conspiracies Forum is a Mess. And it’s The Fault of Many Members

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
just ask them and do your due diligence?

What, run background checks on new members?

Seriously? That some scary sh__ you'd have us do.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoUrResearch
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Its not hard to express yourself without a negative outlook. Some people just needa grip the fact that we're not enemies, we're all allies seeking the same answers with different ways of presenting questions, facts and evidence.

Can't we all just get along and leave the trolling and immaturity to forums like 4chan and infowars?

Sad world we live in...people can't even converse properly.

-DuR

Interesting that you mention Infowars. I haven't gone to that site for years. About 2006, I bought a yearly membership, and got access to the private forum. The funny thing was how much people talk crap about Alex Jones. I guess he lets them because they paid for the right to do it.

Anyway, I didn't subscribe the next year, because one of his products he sells, the Net7 switch or something, is totally silly. A switch to turn off your connection to the internet, so hackers can't get in when you are not home. Or you could unplug the router. So, after I realized his product was worthless and silly, I didn't trust him.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If it were me? And my company ATS? I would pull him aside with the bosses and grill the mofo. You guys are pretty swift around here banning members. I've seen a lot of decent good people get let go. I would do an internal investigation. Whenever a celeb comes here you guys check em out and verify their identity. Could do the same here no problem and get to the bottom real fast
edit on 2-1-2016 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: sg1642

Part of my coming to understand 9/11 ( and the world really) was totally rejecting the idea of ONE group of people that are in control of "things". There are many groups of people that fight for control over certain resources, industries, governments etc.. Basically money and power. Food for their families.

That may seem simplistic, but humans are complex until they're not.

I hope to live another 60 years. I'll see all the major Presidential hopefuls die in my lifetime. The queen, prince Charles, maybe even William. Things we are so used to are changing big time.

There is lots of time

edit on 2-1-2016 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

link   
It seems as though there is a great deal of polarization about 911 and additional discussion will likely not resolve anything. I have been called a shill on occasion and more often a liar because I had a different opinion or pointed out a technical inconsistency with respect to the chemistry or thermodynamics of energetic materials. My feelings weren't hurt; I ascribe such to members who have already made up their minds and need their conclusions confirmed by others. It would also be nice to know who is supposed to be paying me to post. I have a bill I would like to send.

If the 911 forum is straining the staff and there is no benefit from continuing it, then good business sense says to shut it down with respect to new posts. While in stasis, leave the legacy threads available as read-only so anyone wishing to read what has been posted can do so. The forum can always be reopened if needed but I expect that at this point in time there will be no further evidence uncovered of anything relating to the physical destruction caused by the attacks. Physical destruction is the easiest topic to post on as the videos and audio let everyone chime in about what they think they saw and heard. We have been over them so many times that the fakes and the edited ones are so intermixed with the originals that they are confusing the issues even further.
Motives are harder to post on because of lack of information [but not imagination.] The chances of finding anything out about what I believe is the real conspiracy, coverup of incompetence of the agency heads appointed by the Administration, is really slim, especially almost 15 years out. If anything like that does turn up, it would fit in any number of forums until the 911 could be reopened. Alternateively, a forum titled 911 political motives could be opened to start a new direction for 911 with speculation on who did what or knew what and did nothing.

Save the Mods for Donald the Autocrat vs Hilary the Demoncrat.

link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

Could someone please send me a private message with the username of this supposedly scary paid poster who is making life difficult for 9/11 conspiracy speculators on ATS?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Not new members. The one I'm talking about. Decade member now

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Understood, and while I agree, that wasn't really my point. My point was more around the notion that some posters are playing the odds. They're betting their posts will diminish the will of debate in the super-threads before they get discovered and deleted. Some of them are such overt personal attacks that the poster must know they're a T&C violation when they post it initially, but it's almost as if they want to see if they can take 2-3 people out of the debate by intimidating them before their post gets biffed. This, or rile several others up and distract them with retaliatory posts so as to redirect the whole discussion.

link   

just ask them and do your due diligence? Damn, do you really want this place infested with paid posters? There goes credibility

Michael Cohen from All news web.

Remember him?

Due diligence was done and we're free of him and his rubbish now.

link   
Wen I wish to counter diss info I present solid info. Evidence, links, things that can be verified.

Crazy thing is that I have been accused of being a shill for such things.

BTW I have stayed out of the 911 forms because the few times I did participate in them my methods were not well received.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
ATS has been changing its make up a lot in the past few years, while lots say, "its a conspiracy website." The new narrative is polished, the ownership says "alternative news" I think this little subtle thing adds to it. People come here with a belief and just figured one thing was ok or the other cause they are a conspiracy this or that. ATS flips the script gentrification etc thing saying alternative news. That for some on its own may confuse some.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

See? it's this circular crap. Bruce, stop messing and answer my question. If you're intelligent like I think you are, then you would come to the same conclusion as me.

No it's not disinfo if they don't agree with me. It's disinfo when I realize they're paid to post.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

just ask them and do your due diligence? Damn, do you really want this place infested with paid posters? There goes credibility

Do you have any idea what a background check costs? We think we can tell who the foreign paid posters are but how would we check on them? [Super secret agencies would rig it anyway.]

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
It seems as though there is a great deal of polarization about 911 and additional discussion will likely not resolve anything. I have been called a shill on occasion and more often a liar because I had a different opinion or pointed out a technical inconsistency with respect to the chemistry or thermodynamics of energetic materials. My feelings weren't hurt; I ascribe such to members who have already made up their minds and need their conclusions confirmed by others. It would also be nice to know who is supposed to be paying me to post. I have a bill I would like to send.

If the 911 forum is straining the staff and there is no benefit from continuing it, then good business sense says to shut it down with respect to new posts. While in stasis, leave the legacy threads available as read-only so anyone wishing to read what has been posted can do so. The forum can always be reopened if needed but I expect that at this point in time there will be no further evidence uncovered of anything relating to the physical destruction caused by the attacks. Physical destruction is the easiest topic to post on as the videos and audio let everyone chime in about what they think they saw and heard. We have been over them so many times that the fakes and the edited ones are so intermixed with the originals that they are confusing the issues even further.
Motives are harder to post on because of lack of information [but not imagination.] The chances of finding anything out about what I believe is the real conspiracy, coverup of incompetence of the agency heads appointed by the Administration, is really slim, especially almost 15 years out. If anything like that does turn up, it would fit in any number of forums until the 911 could be reopened. Alternateively, a forum titled 911 political motives could be opened to start a new direction for 911 with speculation on who did what or knew what and did nothing.

Save the Mods for Donald the Autocrat vs Hilary the Demoncrat.

Probably the most sensible thing that's been written here so far.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Why do you gotta be sarcastic? Playing it down? Look, we're here having this thread now with 911 closed because of problems with members. I'm telling you it's the paid posters intent to get your forum shut down. Yes a few of us twoofers get frustrated and shoot our mouths off. I know, we're responsible for our own posts and i had my first and only post ban exactly because of this. But we're the good guys. We don't spread lies or start the day with the intent to see how many good members we can make 'come loose'. Then go cash a cheque for the bs caused.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Do you have any idea what a background check costs? We think we can tell who the foreign paid posters are but how would we check on them? [Super secret agencies would rig it anyway.]

Who said anything about purchasing a background check? Keep things real people

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

With all due respect, I'm not sure you really understand how websites generate revenue (really generate revenue). Some methods are readily apparent, others not so much. Completely shutting down a forum wherein topics as hot as 9-11 are discussed has a detrimental effect on revenue.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

If you're intelligent like I think you are, then you would come to the same conclusion as me.

So people who do not agree with you are .....

link   
If anyone takes a modicum of their time to investigate this event, it's obvious, treason is occurring. Larry Silverstein made a lot of money that day on his insurance fraud scheme. There's a plethora of coincidences that one can't just ignore. For the 'moderators' of this site to take issue with member's posted opinion, is unamerican to begin with. As a matter of fact, are you guys affiliated with Tavistock Institute???

link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

just ask them and do your due diligence?

What, run background checks on new members?

Seriously? That some scary sh__ you'd have us do.

Are you now, or have you ever been. . . . . a paid shill?

:/

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join