It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If YOU were the next POTUS...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
1) Not only stop govt from coming up with more and more gun laws but remove many existing gun laws.

2) Cease govt subsidized healthcare. Then watch health costs fall.

3) Cut federal spending on things like PBS, NASA, etc. Let private industry handle it.

4) End welfare, unemployment, and tax breaks.

5) Bring ALL troops home from foreign soil.

6) No more foreign aid.

7) Let people keep the money that is saved. It is theirs in the first place.

Scary? Sure. But look at the mess govt has gotten us into. It is so big that people are in fear of not having it provide everything now.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
1.) I would call for a Constitutional convention. Insert term limits into the Constitution. No term longer than 8 years. If it is good enough for the POTUS then good enough for all politicians.
2.) No lobbyist in DC or any State.
3.) Replace the tax code with a code that is fair and reasonable without loop holes.
4.) Increase pay for active duty and retired military personal. Bring home all non essential military personnel. Abolish the VA. The healthcare system of America can handle vets better than the VA can.
5.) Repeal Obamacare, there is a better system out there. We need tort reform in the healthcare system.
6.) Approve Social Security Disability benefits for those that can prove they need it. Right now all claims are disapproved the first time. Then people have to hire lawyers to represent them. It is a scam right now.
7.) Fix the infrastructure of the United States. For all the monies spent here our roads and bridges and railways should be in better shape than they are.
8.) Close the Department of Education, return everything back to the state level where it belongs.
9.) Close the EPA. State level enforcement of state rules is all that is needed.
10. Close the BLM return all lands back to states and individuals.
11.) Enforce border security. Make sure we can close both North and South borders. Use of activity duty military would be authorized.
There is more to come

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
i would do a secret hunt of all those using psychotronic torchure weapons, and secretly put them on trial of murder, attempted murder, perversion, and other serious charges.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Aside from my ineligibility to hold the position, I would not desire it. To that effect, I would hold the position long enough to dissolve the senate, congress, and the office of President, until such time as a better, distributed responsibility based gorvernmental system could be devised. The people should not merely have a voice, but have the ONLY voice with any authority.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If I were in charge of the federal government, I would have two main goals of equal importance. The first would be to decentralize the power to make domestic policy in this country, taking it away from DC and returning it to the individual states as it was meant to be. The federal government is completely out of control at this point, working much more for its own interests than that of the people. That needs to cease.

The second would be to uphold the traditional Constitutional values of the country and the Bill of Rights with regards to the rights of individual citizens. No attacks on the rights of peaceful, law-abiding citizens to free speech, religion, self-defense, privacy, due process, etc, would be enabled or tolerated under my presidency and would be met with an immediate veto.

There are others, but these are the two most important.

edit on 2-1-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It wouldn't matter I'd go the way of JFK so fast your head would spin. Kablammo

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Start a project of national infrastructure maintenance and improvements to create jobs.

Begin the pathway towards the use of 100% renewable energy, including solar, geothermal and wind, with investment into hydrogen fuel cells (again, creating jobs, and tied into the above)

Undertake a full review of foreign policy

A full review of law enforcement

Two term time limits for congress and senate, and also outlaw filibustering.

Review military procurement procedures

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Get rid of both houses and replace them with electronic voting for every issue.
Something entirely feasible now that people have mobile phones with sms and net access.

Sure, there would be problems, but they would soon be overcome and the payoff would be pure democracy.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Start a project of national infrastructure maintenance and improvements to create jobs.

Begin the pathway towards the use of 100% renewable energy, including solar, geothermal and wind, with investment into hydrogen fuel cells (again, creating jobs, and tied into the above)

Undertake a full review of foreign policy

A full review of law enforcement

Two term time limits for congress and senate, and also outlaw filibustering.

Review military procurement procedures

I'd make a good VP for you with those policies.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
One of my less feasible and ever less reasonable is to return our military to a more isolationist mind set. Return our troops to within our borders. If necessary to keep troop levels up use them along the borders for security (questionable posse comitatus infraction). If the U.N. wants us to provide troops to support an action somewhere first would have to be approved by congress (after some sort of direct representation solution is found) and after approval by congress then we will be subsidized in some manner.

Sorry if this sounds bitter but tired of being accused of being the worlds police after being invited in (I know not what has happened recently).

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'd reinstate nasa to their former glory...
I would reboot the Constellation and Ares V rocket program..we would be back on the moon by 2020...
Which we would have were Obama not to have decided nasa's primary objective was making Muslims feel good about their contributions to math and science...

Never forget:

With the space policies addressed, I would set my sights on reasserting the USA as the light of the world...
American Exceptionalism would be exported (through force most likely) and those who are subjugating women and throwing homosexuals from buildings would have those buildings bombed into rubble...

Lastly I would build a 1000 foot fence on our southern border....

Then I would start my second week in office...

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You think the president makes the decisions ?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Looks like I have a running (walking very slowly in real life) mate!

I accept the parties nomination....

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Out law all monetary systems and include greed as a violation
of the penal code.

edit on Rpm10216v24201500000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Looks like I have a running (walking very slowly in real life) mate!

I accept the parties nomination....

Yeah I have a bunged up knee, no running anywhere for me.

Do I have to pretend to be a gun toting church going christian now? I suppose I better get some ugly channel suits with shoulder pads. And take my hair from blue to fluffy blonde.

Can we add dissolution of tax free status for churches to our platform please?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Do I have to pretend to be a gun toting church going christian now? I suppose I better get some ugly channel suits with shoulder pads. And take my hair from blue to fluffy blonde.

Can we add dissolution of tax free status for churches to our platform please?

No you don't have to do any of that. We're bringing sanity back to politics. Channel, Dior and Karan please and stick with the blue, its a USP

And yes, we can add that policy.

Now, I have to go and find some silly string to spray onto my head......

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

We have to fix you a rug. Cant have a bald president.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

::ahem::

Tis a sign of maturity and masculinity.

Besides, disguising it would simply lead to "Rug Gate" and accusations that the hairpiece is a terrorist sympathiser or Nazi.

Best left simply close cropped methinks.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This would be my agenda for my first, and only, term as POTUS;

1- Restructure the Federal Government to make it aligned with the United States Constitution. The Tenth Amendment would be the guide in this. Any powers not enumerated to the Federal Government is returned to The States and The People. This means the closing of many Departments (HHS, BLM, DoE, HUD, DoL, DoA, DoC, DoE)

2- Detain all Members/Employees of the Federal Reserve. Seize all records and assets. Prosecute any, and all, Members/Employees of the Federal Reserve for crimes committed.

3-Detain all Employees of the Internal Revenue Service. Seize all records and assets. Prosecute any, and all, Employees of the Internal Revenue Service for crimes committed.

4- Arrest and prosecute all members of Congress who voted to censure any member of Congress. Congress makes the laws, not enforces them. Any member of Congress that has been censured (whether still in office or not) shall be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for the crimes they were censured for (Mr. Rangle can do the time for tax evasion)

5- Repeal the Federal Tax Code. Replace it with a flat tax of 8% for individuals or married couples ( yes if you are married the effective tax rate on each person is 4%), Business tax rate of 14% and if you incorporate then your tax rate is 18%. NO loopholes, NO deductions. Just a flat rate.

6- Repeal the ACA and replace it with Personal Health Savings Accounts.

7- Make Hospitals and Doctors show the cost of their services up front (much like a menu at a restaurant) so that consumers may make informed decisions of where they get their health care.

8- Shut down the DHS, NSA, and Armed Services Intelligence Agencies (OAI, ONI, etc). Remove the "Plausible Deniability" from the POTUS. The Office of the President WILL know about any, AND ALL, activities of the CIA and FBI.

9- Stop all Foreign Aid. There are two reasons for this. The first, It is a great way to aid our Allies but it is not being used that way. The second, we can not afford it. Once we get our debt under control (read that as NONE) we can revisit this idea.

10- Balance the Budget. Achieve this goal through cost cutting, real cost cutting. I will not play the game of cutting X% off a department's projected growth and call that a cut in spending.

11- Return all troops who are stationed overseas that are serving no real purpose. We do not need troops in Germany or Japan. Those countries have been rebuilt and no longer need our troops in their lands to protect them/watch over then any more.

12- Ensure the Justices of The Supreme Court understand that AMERICAN law is their reference when decided cases.The World Court decides/references International Law. Supreme Court Justices who fail to understand this are not fit to hold that office.

13- Remove/repeal/destroy any, and all, Contingency of Government plans. The Twenty-fifth Amendment handles this quite nicely.

14- Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment. Return the election of Senators to the State Legislatures.

15- Institute term limits for all Members of Congress. Two terms. no more. Remove the career Politicians.

16- Stop the Federal war on drugs. The Federal Government has no right to say what you can, or can not do, to YOURSELF. If the States want to walk into that quagmire, that is Their decision.

17- Stop any, and all, Federal incitements to The States (I.E. You can have Federal money if you do this...). The Federal Government should not be committing BRIBERY.

18- Destroy all the NSA's files that came from domestic spying.

19- Co-operate with any, and all, requests for extradition from The World Court.

20- Give the UN two years to find a new location for Their Headquarters, outside of the United States. I would suggest right next to the The World Court.

edit on 2-1-2016 by TheSemiSkeptic because: Typos, I think faster than I can type. That and I can't really type all that well. When I went to school we were taught to write not type.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

My thoughts are in Your Words Sub!!!

edit on 2-1-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join