It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird lights I saw back in the 90's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Firstly, I want to say I don't think these were any kind of aircraft or spacecraft.

This is what me and my friends saw. I was at a house party on the slopes of Diamond Head on Oahu around the year 1994. We were all sober. All of a sudden we saw these strange lights flying overhead that looked like fireworks, but they were moving too slowly, and though the lights were descending, they were at an angle that was almost parallel with the ground, or in other words, moving forward mostly, in a southerly direction, and descending very slowly.

I thought maybe they were lights from a flare gun, but we heard nothing. The lights were silent, and seem to almost float through the air. They seemed to be very close and small, about maybe 40 feet above the ground and they looked about 4 to 7 inches across. There were about three, one larger than the other, then two lights broke away from the largest one.

They seemed to be moving about two to three miles an hour. After they dipped behind this tall hedge, I ran off the property to follow them, but I couldn't see them anymore.

I know the military has incendiary lights that are intended to float in the air. I just can't understand why they were moving so almost parallel to the ground.

I also thought maybe they were pieces of a meteor that hit the mountain, and then exploded up into the air.

The lights were pretty, and were a yellowish white color.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Could be Chinese lanterns or the air heaters from hot air balloons. I saw a few of those lanterns during a New Year. They had been launched from about three miles away (at a local university) and one of them landed right on the railway tracks next to the bridge I was standing on. They were all like fuzzy yellowish lights..

I've seen a hot air balloon fly overhead at night. Tried to take a photograph with my smartphone, but the light must have spooked them because they threw out what looked like glowing blue sparks or ash from one side then the other.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Maybe, but I don't think so, because they looked very close. If they were Chinese sky lanterns, I could've made out the detail of the balloon part, and such, same as hot air balloons.

It looked a lot more like something floating in the air that was completely on fire. Thanks for responding.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

Dude how many experiences with "aliens" have you had, did you know in all of my time on ATS I have posted one thread about an experience I believe to be hallucinatory in nature. However that perked my interest in serious inquiry about this subject.

The fact that you keep posting more and more about alien encounters strikes me as off, I'm wondering if you are parodying or actually being serious. Anyway if I have misjudged I apologize,but rediculousness is the reason UFO related things aren't taken seriously ever. Quite frankly, I do not believe that aliens are traveling the light years to play cloak and dagger games with us, I do however believe there is some element of truth in all the reports therefor it's worth investigating and collecting more data.

new topics

top topics

join