It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

It doesn't have to be the Foundation of the Religion for it be significant. If it's still "used" then it still counts.

Counts as what exactly?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Christianity is more violent then Koran because Bible has been altered by men kind.

Original Christianity is lost long ago and has been replaced by men's text .

If Christianty didn't loose it's ways , God would have no need to send Islam .

LOL, that is a good one.

Madman Mohammad was sent by God to start Islam. Hell dude, even he thought he was talking to demons and going insane. First impressions are usually right.

“Trembling, he went out of the cave onto the hillside, not knowing what had happened to him, and afraid he must be a sha’ir or possessed.” 3

How convenient that he could read during this vision. And how strange that he would come away thinking that he was DEMON POSSESSED. You will never find an example of a prophet of God receiving a message from God only to wonder if he was full of the devil. But Muhammad was so convinced of the fact that he was possessed by demons that he contemplated suicide!
edit on 1-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Because she has no answer. The Christians have been lost every "morality battle" since the 60's. They might get one step forward and 3 steps back occasionally but seriously, what so called battle have Christians won other than defending something they had already?

They loose because the vast majority do not really care to push it. As I said since 70% of America is Christian we could have an extreme Christian country, Killing Gays, outlawing abortions, beating women who have them, heavy religion in all schools Government or what ever else we would want to have like what many countries in the Middle East are with the heavy Muslim influences, but the vast majority of Christians just do not push agendas to make any of that happen.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You typed:

Yep # happens and a county clerk is removed with new rules in place, by people who I would bet are mostly Christians and Cruz will not be president based on his more extreme religious beliefs.

This makes no sense to me.

If you feel it is a waste of time to clarify yourself, then I'll resume my feeling that I'm not in the mood to parlay.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Counts as what exactly?

Counts as still being part of it's teachings.

Let's gather our thoughts here shall we. You said my use of "irrelevant" was putting words in your mouth because you said "not based in". So to make myself clear I asked if the OT is used in Christian teachings or not. Because if it is still used in Christian teachings, regardless of whether or not it's used as it's base or not then the OT is still part of it's teachings.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Because she has no answer.

I've given you the answers.

Your inability or unwillingness to accept those answers has nothing to do with me. You are choosing to ignore them.
Fair enough, I guess.
/shrug

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Nothing is more violent than Human Beings
Human Beings are easily led to kill other Human Beings for reasons that do not really matter

We have enough problems if we are to survive in a good way
All are in this together ... If Humanity does not come together ... we are doomed ...
There is no Us vs Them ... only Us vs Ourselves in reality
Hate and fear is the enemy ... the enemy is within

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Because she has no answer.

I've given you the answers.

Your inability or unwillingness to accept those answers has nothing to do with me. You are choosing to ignore them.
Fair enough, I guess.
/shrug

What issues have the Christian Boogey men won? Cmon, list a couple dozen... or maybe 1 or two?

They can barely defend the rights they have or barely block anything.
edit on 1-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   
just to give you the educated version of why the Bible is more violent

The Bible has more historical narratives than the Quran and that alone accounts for perceive violence. As it narrates the first murder of the first person, the flood, the battles Abraham and Israel had in the land God promised them. It narrates the battles that Babylon, Assyria, Philistines and Egypt had in conquering Israel. It even narrates the death of Jesus Christ, the first death of Christians, the stoning of Stephan and Paul, and it narrates the future battles in Israel yet to come.

But that still doesn't make Islam less violent considering its history since 600AD

so contrary to popular belief it is not that Christianity is violent it is just the book has a lot of historical narrative of wars and death in it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I refuse to believe that you are not intelligent enough to know the difference between "used in" and "based in" (or on).

Maybe you should just answer my question then. Because I don't see how it makes much different whether the OT is "used" in teaching Christianity or is "based" on teaching Christianity. It doesn't have to be the Foundation of the Religion for it be significant. If it's still "used" then it still counts.

The New Testament is the book Christians "go by" and the only part of the OT they show interest in is the first chapter or so on creation. Just use google and it only takes a few seconds.

Edit: Actually i see a few here prone to be excitable, so to be more specific they show interest in the OT where it makes mention of "messiah".
edit on 1-1-2016 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
but the vast majority of Christians just do not push agendas to make any of that happen.

We aren't accusing the vast majority of Christians being involved in subverting the Gov. either.

You keep assuming we are accusing the entire order of Christians as being behind something nefarious. But we aren't. We are saying there is small but dedicated group within the Christians who are though and that is what you seem to be refusing to accept.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Dosn't matter which book is more violent.
Christianity has been reformed over the years from a religion of conquest and conversion to something that doesn't interfere with secular life.

Much of Islam still has to undergo that same modernisation.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
To me again its a very low level of thinking to compare scriptures since it gets to the childish: my God is bigger and better than your God

You know like children, my daddy is better than your daddy

Or my d___ is bigger than you’re d___

The hell with all of that.

Take the good from each book and become guided by it to be a better person.

I’m not into this scripture is any better than any other

All Gods words are vital and useful for different people in different times and places

Both books confirm the unity of God so their all right with me

The problem is that misguided clerics have distorted these books over the years through their own selfish delusions, falsehood and misguidance

The Quran has beautiful versus praising the Godhead and other poetic wonders.

The NT has absolute awesome words of Jesus on the Sermon on the Mount and many other places

And the OT is a first expression of the absolute unity of God and that is groundbreaking and significant

Lets look at the good in these scriptures once in a while

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Dosn't matter which book is more violent.
Christianity has been reformed over the years from a religion of conquest and conversion to something that doesn't interfere with secular life.

Much of Islam still has to undergo that same modernisation.

Did you just say Christianity doesn't interfere with secular life?

Please explain what you mean.
edit on 1-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

What issues have the Christian Boogey men won? Cmon, list a couple dozen... or maybe 1?

"maybe 1"? KANSAS.
Like I said, come live in my state. Look it up. Brownback. Dominionist. Governor. Austerity. Tax Cuts. Refusal of Medicaid expansion grant. Cut health insurance and food stamps for kids. Slash education budget. Give corporations carte blanche.

BANKRUPTCY.

Kansas.
Brownback.
Dominionists.
FAILURE.

link   
a reply to: Harvin

Actually anything that agrees with the NT particularly the books of Paul it is considered a teaching or doctrine for the church today. otherwise it is historical narrative we can learn from but not necessarily have an application.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You typed:

Yep # happens and a county clerk is removed with new rules in place, by people who I would bet are mostly Christians and Cruz will not be president based on his more extreme religious beliefs.

This makes no sense to me.

If you feel it is a waste of time to clarify yourself, then I'll resume my feeling that I'm not in the mood to parlay.

You suggested Christians fill a lot of positions in Government, and that is a win for them, right?

I said with a country that is about 70% Christian that happens, or in other words most likely normal. I also suggested that just because a person is Christian it doesn't mean their religion drives their decisions and in the case like a county clerk (assuming Kim Davis) She was removed and new rules are being put into place so that doesn't happen again, and Ted Cruz will not be President because of his religious views.

You are the one mentioning county clerk and presidential hopefuls as some kind of proof Chrisitans as winning...lol

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

Sometimes I wonder if those who attack Christianity on the grounds that the Bible is violent realize that the religion is based on the teachings of the New Testament, not the Old.

It's not convenient for their argument.

Probably because the OT is part of the bible and Christians use it plenty, until it isn't convenient for them too, then they use the cop out that it doesn't apply to the.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Kansas.

Yes, thankfully, Davis was removed.

Thankfully, Brownback has failed (although he's still the governor) and perhaps that will hold up as history worth noting....

Those two have "won" in some significant ways. So have Texas School Board members, and Kansas School Board Members....
and Hobby Lobby, and GoFundMe Put-Upon Pizza (or whatever their name is)....all of those people "won"....

People who slaughter innocent civilians outside of a Jewish Community Center; or beat their kid to death for questioning their 'cult'; or let their children DIE rather than vaccinate or seek medical help; or shoot up an abortion clinic staff, or murder a doctor in a church......or send the military to Iraq for a lie of a reason (God told him to, derp!......)
those people WON.......
and they aren't done with their battles - they are continuing even now.

Make no mistake, I acknowledge that you are correct inasmuch as they have NOT 'won' the larger war ................ YET. Plenty of damage has been done, though.

Let's all hope it stays that way.

edit on 1/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin
The New Testament is the book Christians "go by" and the only part of the OT they show interest in is the first chapter or so on creation. Just use google and it only takes a few seconds.

So what about the one's who do still use the OT and not just the first chapters of it??? Some still do that ya know. I'm not saying they all do, but some do. My point is that people who try and say the lessons from the OT no longer apply as an excuse so others don't bring them up when challenging Christian teachings are failing to admit that the OT is still used. It may not be the foundation of it, or even the majority of what is taught, but it's not completely ignored either. Some Fundamentalists use it quite often when preaching so you can't just claim it has no influence anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join