It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Delays Imposing New Sanctions on Iran for Missile Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Seems the Obama Administration has decided to delay those brand new sanctions against anybody involved with Iran's ballistic missile program(s).

New sanctions were announced the other day all set to be "signed off".

But *suddenly* the White House delays everything.

Can't imagine why?

The Iran nuke deal is all set to take effect soon too.

Could be the whole Iran-Nuke ruse is falling apart before it even starts.

Did anybody even discuss missiles during the so-called "Negotiations"?

White House Delays Imposing New Sanctions on Iran for Missile Program

The White House has delayed its plan to impose new financial sanctions on Iran for its ballistic missile program, according to U.S. officials, amid growing tensions with Iran over the nuclear deal struck earlier this year.

The officials said the Obama administration remains committed to combating Iran’s missile program and that sanctions being developed by the U.S. Treasury Department remain on the table. They also said imposing such penalties was legal under the landmark nuclear agreement forged between global powers and Iran in July.

U.S. officials offered no definitive timeline for when the sanctions would be imposed after the decision was made Wednesday to delay them. At one point, they were scheduled to be announced Wednesday morning in Washington, according to a notification the White House sent to Congress.

Added links:
White House delays imposing new sanctions on Iran

By POLITICO Staff

Does Anybody

Know What's Going On??

edit on Jan-01-2016 by xuenchen because: WSJ subscription required

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Amazing what a call from Valerie Jarrett can do.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another flip flopping moves by US . The speak about possible sanctions may have just been lip service to a few ME countries wanting the US to do something . MoA has a new piece up ....

Israel, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Pakistan and the U.S. all have ballistic missiles that can hit Iran. Why should Iran not have a capability to deter them with its own ballistic missile force? Given that Iran has no nuclear weapons program there is no sound reason to deny it conventional missile capabilities. China, Russia and the Europeans accept that and will prevent any UN sanctions over the issue.

Only after Iran made it clear that it will not take part in the childish games the Obama administration wanted to play did the administration retract.
www.moonofalabama.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A subscription or account is required to read the entire piece.

Have another source we can actually read?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
A subscription or account is required to read the entire piece.

Have another source we can actually read?

Yes.

White House delays imposing new sanctions on Iran

By POLITICO Staff

edit on Jan-01-2016 by xuenchen because: brood

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Iran nuke deal is all set to take effect soon too.

Could be the whole Iran-Nuke ruse is falling apart before it even starts.

It was falling apart before it ever got started. Khamenei had no intention of following through on the agreement and they've never signed off on it. It's only a verbal agreement at this point and we know how well Iran keeps its word.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

President to aide: Is it in yet?

Aide: I'm sorry Mr. President but they are still waiting for that spine donor. The extra starch that's put into your shirts should keep you standing up.

I just don't understand this president and his thought process, other than it appearing he has no thought. This was like when he told Medveded he had more room politically after his reelection to deal with our nmd systems.

His last day in office cant get here soon enough (provided we survive his remaining term).

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Did anyone NOT see this coming? SOon as kerry was involved i knew it would be a flip flop fest.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Kerry is such a terrible Secretary of State.

My god.

Foreign Policy is not the Obama Administration's strong suit. And that's one of the main things all conservatives were right about before he was elected in 2008.

I expect when the new GOP POTUS is sworn in next year, all that 'talkin' with other nations is likely to stop. I may not like the GOP in general, but they are usually a bit better at this part of the job. ( outside of all the war mongering)

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join