It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump’s Strongest Supporters: A Certain Kind of Registered Democrat...43% of them...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Did you ask how big my family is? Hint, not very.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

While the poll is an actual legitimate poll, you're falling into a bit of a trap, ironically enough given your past comments it's the same trap as to why the MSM is so poor. You're looking for stories that tell you what you want to hear rather than what the truth is. For example, you're reading this as 43% of Democrats supporting Trump but that's not the case. It's that 43% of a group of right leaning Democrats support Trump. More specifically, that group makes up 8% of the Democrats they polled. So Trump is doing well with 43% of a block of Democrats that make up 8% of the party. The remaining 92% he is not doing that well with but if you ask you'll find a bit of token support.

Furthermore, it's true that, Trump is popular but if you read the article you linked you'll see that his popularity is not the type that wins a national election. Pretty much the entire article explains that he's polling best with a specific group (poorly educated racists), and then further states that his best group is the demographic that least turns out to vote.

It also explains that with Trump having a large base of registered Democrats who lean center/right (sidenote: this is precisely what Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1 were, plus Hillary now) it puts him in a tough position for a primary because those Democrats can't vote in the Republican primary he needs them to vote in.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The poll was taken by a random number of registered democrats right? And 43% of them supported trump.

So according to some members and even mods, these voters we're surgically inserted into the party as republican double-agents... and 43% of those polled happened to be some the agents in question?

Quite a conspiracy here... but nobody is posting any evidence to support this, seems like the OP is taking a lot of heat based on nothing more then peoples opinions and bias.
edit on 2-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Most people will be voting Trump even if they don't like him because Hillary has the most aweful history.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Take a breath and think for a minute. How many delegates do these republican/democrats represent? If you are talking one small region in the south, it does not represent democrats as a whole at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Man. You and your comrades just like to tell everyone they are wrong. Or cannot read a poll. Or call bs on anything you "think" without any proof is incomprehensible to you.

All this sampling shows is registered...got it...democrats are leaning towards Trump. There are hundreds of articles on line. Google is your friend. It explains that many do not wants Hillary in that party and would go republican and not waste Their vote. GOP voters who will not like a trump nod are saying they will not vote. These democratic votes could seriously sway this election.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

33 states and over 11000 people. It was found that he is not doing well out west. Is say a good sampling.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I read the article and it says right out that the pool are republican leaning. So that was a special poll targeting a specific group.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Man. You and your comrades just like to tell everyone they are wrong. Or cannot read a poll. Or call bs on anything you "think" without any proof is incomprehensible to you.

All this sampling shows is registered...got it...democrats are leaning towards Trump. There are hundreds of articles on line. Google is your friend. It explains that many do not wants Hillary in that party and would go republican and not waste Their vote. GOP voters who will not like a trump nod are saying they will not vote. These democratic votes could seriously sway this election.

If Trump is polling like you claim why worry what others think. If he is favored by 43% of Dems and 40+% of GOP he wins in a landslide, he may win 45 states with that kind of polling. Does not even need a ground game with those numbers. Just to be clear though your take here confirms what many believe about Trump supporters.

If it is likes others said here that it is GOP self identified Dems then he probably loses if he gets the GOP nomination.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The poll was taken by a random number of registered democrats right?

Wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

All this sampling shows is registered...got it...democrats are leaning towards Trump.

Yes. The ones that self-identify as Republicans. We know that.
It is not a sample of all Democrats.

What the poll shows is that 30% of self-identified Republicans like Trump.
The poll shows that 43% of them are registered Democrats. We don't know what that exact number is but it works out to about 11-13% of the entire sample, at best.
edit on 1/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Konduit

The poll was taken by a random number of registered democrats right?

Wrong.

where are the details of this study?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
I've looked for the actually study and have not been able to find it. All we have to go on is the artical, which clearly says:

He is strongest among Republicans who are less affluent, less educated and less likely to turn out to vote. His very best voters are self-identified Republicans who nonetheless are registered as Democrats. It’s a coalition that’s concentrated in the South, Appalachia and the industrial North, according to data provided to The Upshot by Civis Analytics, a Democratic data firm.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry, I'm not going on an article. You can if you like. I'll wait for the raw data myself before determining.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Fair enough. I would prefer that as well.

But since the OP is using what the article says as the basis of his claim, don't you think it's reasonable to discuss that?
How about this; the OP's interpretation of the claims of the article is incorrect?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well, the article says it sourced from democrats, leaning republican, but still registered democrats. It's very misleading at the least. That is why I tried to find the Civis data source they used, with no luck. I'm guessing for a reason.

One thing that would interest me, is who is the money behind the study, and who is the money behind this article. Be back in a few min of digging. See if I find anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Man. You and your comrades just like to tell everyone they are wrong.

Just for the sake of telling someone they are wrong? Absolutely not. It seems that many people have a problem accepting the idea that they could be wrong and then blame people such as myself for pointing it out.

Or cannot read a poll.

This is the second thread you have posted in which it became very clear that you did not know how to read the poll. It's all there in plain English, but you refuse to look at this objectively because your political desires are stronger than your willingness to be honest about what it says.

All this sampling shows is registered...got it...democrats are leaning towards Trump.

That's not what it says. Many, many of my "comrades" have shown you why it does not say that and what it actually DOES say, but it appears that you pull the "talk to the hand, cause the face aint listening" because it's not what you want to hear.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It also has numbers for registered Republicans. And registered Independents. And unregistered voters. All of whom are self-identified Republicans

It is not exclusive to registered Democrats.

The Civis estimates are based on interviews with more than 11,000 Republican-leaning respondents since August.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The studies produced by these guys aren't credible. At least in my opinion.
source
source2

Seems they just call people. Apparently no one they call identifies as Democrat.

This is in-line with public polling, where 26% of people identify as Republican (and 31.7% identify as Independent): elections.huffingtonpost.com...

They have no hard data available.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Apparently no one they call identifies as Democrat.
Heh, you're doing the same thing the OP did, but a bit differently. They were looking for the opinions of self-identified Republicans, not self-identified Democrats. That is the point, the poll was of a specific demographic group.

Whether or not the poll is valid, the OP's spin is wrong. As is yours.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join