It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump named WorldNetDaily "Man of the Year."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I haven’t seen much coverage of this. If this has already been posted I can't find it:

“It is my great honor to be named Man of the Year by your publication,” Trump said in a statement to WND. “I very much appreciate your informative polls and coverage. Together, we will Make America Great Again.”

WND.

It is additionally being reported elsewhere that Trump will also give the keynote address in March at an event honoring WorldNetDaily founder and editor Joseph Farah.

The point here is not a debate on the credibility or stances of WorldNetDaily (though fire away if you want.) There are plenty here who have made up their minds one way or another.

I’m just finding it increasingly humorous that the GOP field is either clueless, confused or afraid to take on Trump on his obvious interest in fringe and conspiracy websites. It's very likely they realize it would offend a portion of the Republican base. (And Joseph Farrah and Jerome Corsi are actually somewhat under the greater Republican establishment umbrella anyway.)

For example, after Trump’s appearance on the Alex Jones show why didn’t you hear any of the candidates who are hopelessly behind say something like:

“Trump is embracing and being endorsed by a prominent conspiracy theorist who claims 911 was actually perpetrated by George W. Bush. How can Trump defend us from terrorists when he denies who is responsible for the biggest attack on the homeland since WWII and instead disgustingly blames it on a fellow Republican?”

It would be a perfect like of attack for someone like Christie and certainly secure him some MSM airtime, especially if he could sucker Trump into any kind of response. These "establishment" candidates aren't going to win over hardcore Trump supporters in any case. And It’s hard to imagine the Democrats will miss any such opportunity to portray Trump as a wingnut in the fall.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Eventually this is one of the reasons the gop will dump the Donald. It almost seems scripted eh?
I don't think Trump will get the nomination because he really doesn't want it.
edit on 1-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Good post. It is kind of funny that here we all are saying how bad the candidates are and how we need a wholesale change from the typical, something DIFFERENT and not the status quo. So here come Trump and Sanders, certainly both opposed to the status quo (and to each other), and then people say, "Well, THAT kind of change is not what I meant. they're both (or one or the other) dingbats."

Like 'em or hate 'em, they are both pushing the envelope and embracing change. I'm not convinced either of them would actually make significant change, but both are certainly catering to the Populist sentiment that what we have is seriously messed up.

So if you want CHANGE and both these guys are preaching CHANGE, but that's not the kind of CHANGE you want, then what kind of CHANGE is acceptable to you and how, specifically, do you intend to get it? Bear in mind that all that Hope and CHANGE you voted for last time didn't work out too well, plus Ron Paul is being followed by son Rand rapidly into obscurity.

So I'm thinking no matter WHAT happens, you're not going to like it and will complain about it. And that makes your cries for CHANGE a moot and hollow point.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Eventually this is one of the reasons the gop will dump the Donald. It almost seems scripted eh?

Obviously, the establishment are hoping the polls are deceptive and he'll fade away.

If not, maybe they'll go after him with some clever opposition that targets his strengths.

It's hard to see how there can be a unified party for the election. For example, would Jeb Bush or George W. get up at the convention and say "The next president of the United States, Donald Trump"? And would the Trump faction rally around another candidate?

Maybe Cruz could pull them together?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"We want CHANGE...but we don't know what that change is or will look like! What we do know is it's not any of the change anyone seems to be offering, and no one has enough stones to be that change!"

^^^

That, my friends, is pretty much how America is feeling these days. Indecisive, uniformed, and easily manipulated/influenced.

Oh the "instant gratification" and "now now now!" mentality we all seem to be catching doesn't help...
edit on 1-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Trump will probably also get Nazi and Klansmen of the year awards as well

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

So if you want CHANGE and both these guys are preaching CHANGE, but that's not the kind of CHANGE you want, then what kind of CHANGE is acceptable to you and how, specifically, do you intend to get it?

Very good point. I'd take Sanders at this point but I'm cynical enough to feel there's no way he could get in for a number of reasons.

My concern at this point is that some of the Republicans (Trump and Carson, for example) are completely unpredictable wild cards who would be at the head of the huge imperialistic military/industrial complex in a rapidly changing global environment.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

And just another reason I will never read WND.

For a counter punch, Trump was lost Jerk of the Year to the ISIS leader, but was the runner up, by TYT.

edit on 1-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

And just another reason I will never read WND.

For a counter punch, Trump was lost Jerk of the Year to the ISIS leader, but was the runner up, by TYT.

A Republican leaning website proclaiming a Republican as Man of the Year... I'm so surprised!

I stopped reading WND after listening to the inconsistent-rants regarding "Obama's liberal world order, the end of Christain-America, Obamanation," and the "birther conspiracy," was what made me see the clear and blatant bias.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada, where is WND demanding to see proof of birth certificates?

Hitler and Stalin were also at one point Time Magazine's Man of the Year.

They weren't "feared, and hated," like most people believe. People loved them.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

So what is the criteria for that?

Person of the Year (called Man of the Year until 1999[1]) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, group, idea or object that "for better or for worse...has done the most to influence the events of the year".[2]

So they do not have to be "loved" to be man of the year.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It seems silly and petty, but I'm really hoping and entire industry is built around Cruz and his Canadian heritage.

Fake birth certificates! Not really American! Canadian national in disguise! Cruz is a dark Canadian elf out to bring about Sauron's evil empire!

I just think it might be nice for the RNC to see how it feels. LOL.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Fake birth certificates! Not really American! Canadian national in disguise! Cruz is a dark Canadian elf out to bring about Sauron's evil empire!

I would be willing to help chuck him into Mount Doom.

link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: RomeByFire

So what is the criteria for that?

Person of the Year (called Man of the Year until 1999[1]) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, group, idea or object that "for better or for worse...has done the most to influence the events of the year".[2]

So they do not have to be "loved" to be man of the year.

Go take your trolling elsewhere. What is the criteria for what? Becoming Time Magazine's Man of the Year? I don't know, and I honestly don't care. If you think people didn't love Hitler/Stalin you're delusional, I'm simply stating the FACT that two genocidal mass-murdering tyrants were once Time Magazines Man of the Year, or Person of the Year.

I never said one has to be "loved," and/or "feared," in order to meet the "criteria," for Time Magazines Man/Person of the Year.

link   

I would be willing to help chuck him into Mount Doom.

link   

This post will help you to understand why the establishment on both sides is worried...

Link

People still talking about Trump being a plant and not really wanting it. The man does not do something unless he feels he can win. He is pulling voters from the left and the independent voter. The establishment is freaking out because there is no one in the lead in the GOP, or second for that matter, they can control. Rubio and Jeb should pack it in now and find a nice quiet place in Miami to drink Mojitos...
edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-01T16:56:44-06:000444 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It seems silly and petty, but I'm really hoping and entire industry is built around Cruz and his Canadian heritage.

I just think it might be nice for the RNC to see how it feels. LOL.

He's a white Republican, heavily-religious, and a theocrat.

Who cares where he's born, he's not a secret-Muslim-super-spy that was once Osama-Bin-Laden, whose wife is actually a man, and ultimately.... is a secret alien reptoid from the planet Hoth, who is Count Dooku's secret Apprenctince in order to enact Sharia Law across the entire Universe.

But Cruz? Born in Alberta, Canada? You're good, bro.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

let me fix that for you :

trump = WND - cockwomble of the year

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Like I said in my previous thread,

Conservatives are pissed off,

They're pissed off because Gay people are able to marry, women are able to get abortions, and because we are letting in too many refugees.

They have decided to place their support behind a fascist who spews rhetoric similar to Hitler's and Benito Mussolini. I can't respect that.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Trump Used in Jihadist Recruitment Vid

www.thedailybeast.com... stars-in-jihadist-recruitment-vid.html

Donald Trump's rhetoric about Muslims and Syrian refugees is at the center of a new terrorist recruitment video put out by the Somalian jihadist group al Shabaab. Trump's guest appearance is preceded by an old clip of U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al Awlaki warning that the West will become the land of "religious discrimination and concentration camps." It then cuts to Trump reading his promise to stop Muslim immigration aloud at a campaign rally. "And so remember this, so listen: Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the [expletive] is going on," Trump says to a cheering grown. The video cuts again to Awlaki, who was killed by a U.S. drone strike in Yemen in 2011. "The West will eventually turn against its Muslim citizens," he warns.

So you see Trump big mouth has reached the barbarians who will gladly exploit his bottomless ignorance and divisive talk to peddle their depraved doctrines to the weak minded
edit on 1-1-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

“Trump is embracing and being endorsed by a prominent conspiracy theorist who claims 911 was actually perpetrated by George W. Bush. How can Trump defend us from terrorists when he denies who is responsible for the biggest attack on the homeland since WWII and instead disgustingly blames it on a fellow Republican?”

Trump has the right to his opinions, and the fact is the Republicans were in control when 911 happened correct?

This is what many Americans like about Trump, he speaks his mind and not the political correctness.

I wouldn't be surprised that many conspiracy theorist are supporting Trump in hoping he wins and perhaps we could get a new investigation in to 911.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join