It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Human Senses/Abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I learned in my AP Psychology class that all forms of paranormal human senses and abilities, like ESP, telepathy, remote viewing, mind control, etc. etc. have been debunked, including the "skills" of the professionals. The odds of a person who claims to have ESP guessing something unknown were no better than a person who doesn't. There, I believe, are people willing to pay for someone who claims to have "ESP" or such to come forward and put it to the test. I apologize if this has been stated before because I'm new here and don't yet have the time to go look through the history of the forum. I am also not saying I am a complete skeptic because I have actually been arguing with several people for the validity of EVP, "ghosts", incorruptible Saint bodies, weeping statues, the Oregon Vortex, etc. Of course, none of those involve extrasensory human abilities. I do not also deny the fact that there is a possibility of such things existing, it's just that there is no known scientific proof of it yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, because I tend to drift off during class.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Once upon a time people thought the earth was flat.
Then they thought man could never travel faster than a horse.
Then they thought man could never fly.
Then they thought man could never reach the moon.
It seems we only believed in what we knew so far.
Same goes for today's Scientific community. Well at least most of them anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I refuse to get into the old arguments of proof again. I know that for myself, I wouldn't believe a darn thing had I not personaly experienced things. Given that, I'll say I feel for those who aren't privy to the good things in this life.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hi Slacker.
There is nothing wrong with being skeptical thats a very healthy way of looking at most things in life. its an age old debate people always want proof, and those requests for people with abilities to preform are constant. I dont showcase my abilities here on ats for just that reason.I will help others when i can, but in the end they will have to prove these abilities to themselves. As far as de-bunking goes.. i think if you do some research you will find that goverments as well as high placed business organizations use this type of information on a frequent bassis, they just dont advertise the fact.
Parker

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Slacker,

I agree that it is healthy to be skeptical, of many things, not just reports of the paranormal. You will find believers in many 'serious' professions, however.

My Psychology professor had some personal experiences that made him just a bit less skeptical, yet not a total believer.....as part of the course, we studied dream interpretation, ESP and remote viewing, to name a few. We conducted a few 'experiments' with one student studying a photo and others 'guessing' the subject of the photo.....some of our results were a bit above the statistical average.

Personally, I have had some experiences that were too strange for any explaination other than a paranormal one.....yet not some thing that could be repeated on 'command'....not something that could be 'proved'.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
I refuse to get into the old arguments of proof again. I know that for myself, I wouldn't believe a darn thing had I not personaly experienced things. Given that, I'll say I feel for those who aren't privy to the good things in this life.

Ditto. Especially the part about those not being privy to the good things in life.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by slacker2788
I learned in my AP Psychology class that all forms of paranormal human senses and abilities, like ESP, telepathy, remote viewing, mind control, etc. etc. have been debunked, including the "skills" of the professionals.

I must have been sleeping for the past two decades, because I don't remember any of these things ever being debunked. In fact i've probably come accross more evidence of these things existing, than not.

new topics

top topics

join