It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A custom computer chassis that looks like a Star Wars Star Destroyer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

A little impractical, but who ever said badassness needed to be anyway? I stumbled upon this cool custom computer chassis using this new thing called the 'internet', and found it to be awesome! I'm very much jealous, and it makes me think "what else would make a cool looking PC?"

Ever looked at your PC and thought: “Man, I wish this thing looked like a Star Destroyer, with integrated fiber optic lighting, a water-cooled GPU, and 3D printed detailing?” Enterprising custom PC builder Sander van der Velden, aka Asphiax, evidently did — and his new Venator-class Star Destroyer (dubbed the Yazi) is truly something to see.

The Yazi will be shown at CES this year, and while I haven’t been able to locate actual dimensions, it’s clear from photographs that this is no small mod. The frame and body are made from aluminum, while the greebles (the fine detail patterns added to the exterior to make the shape more visually interesting) are 3D printed. The ship contains more than 50 meters of fiber optic cabling, and the sides and bridges are wired to give the appearance of a functional spacecraft.

Source

If you ever found a cool customized PC, post it here! I'd love to see!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

That is awesome!! although as a tech man, i would also like to see what its spec is, if it looks amazing but is it running 2GB on a P2 processor.....

I guess you can out a PC in any object big enough to fit the components, and lets it keep cool

this one makes me chuckle:

edit on 1/1/16 by Phatdamage because: I'm BATMAN

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Thats frigging awesome!

Banging my head against the wall for not being able to design with 3d..
Stupid no good brains of mine..

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

what else would make a cool looking PC

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here's a flying Star Destroyer:
hackaday.com...

Not a case mod, but worth a look.

I dabble some with case modding, this one built to accommodate a multiheaded PCI-Passthrough system. Not just a case mod, lots of software modding too. Build logs here:
hackaday.io...

The touch screen has since got some bad caps, so I moved the digitizer to this one that looks much better:

The green label below the OS specific icon indicates power state, so the box is currently running 2 XP's, 2 Androids, 1 Win7, and a "nested" VMWare ESXi.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
...this new thing called the 'internet'...

Direct link to video

Couldn't resist posting that. Pretty awesome build though. It is about amazing as it is impractical.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Here's a nice Wall E modded case.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh man that's freaking awesome! I'm always impressed with people that have the patience and skills to pull something like this off. I lack both.

I liked the detail on this one.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolRozenberg
Here's a flying Star Destroyer:
hackaday.com...

Not a case mod, but worth a look.

I dabble some with case modding, this one built to accommodate a multiheaded PCI-Passthrough system. Not just a case mod, lots of software modding too. Build logs here:
hackaday.io...

The touch screen has since got some bad caps, so I moved the digitizer to this one that looks much better:

The green label below the OS specific icon indicates power state, so the box is currently running 2 XP's, 2 Androids, 1 Win7, and a "nested" VMWare ESXi.

A friend and I build systems for people and businesses on the side occasionally, for friends or friends of friends, and only when they want really over the top, unnecessary power (and good looks.) This is mainly because we do it for fun plus maybe $100 each. More of a free hobby and platform for experimentation & refining of our skills.

Anyhow, my hardware builds almost always garner most of the praise and attention, while his software and networking is where the real work lies IMO. I always tell people, "Hardware is mostly just creativity, combined with an obsession with over-built ridiculousness. Software and networking [points to partner] takes more geek power and patience than i can muster. It's just an expensive and flashy lump of potential until he does... Whatever it is he does."

I've always been impressed with those who really understand software and networking, but always had a personal aversion myself. That looks like one helluva funbox you've put together.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

pretty damn cool....do we have a life size version? :-)

I love people who mod cases...I am amazed at the stuff people pump out.

new topics

top topics

join