It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't wait for all these comic book movies to come out this year!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

A poor script and director ruined Green Lantern, Reynolds would have made good for a well written Hal Jordan. I like that that Marvel have kept him on as Deadpool though following on from his role in the awful X-Men Origins Wolverine.

However as much as I love Marvel I'm more excited to see the Suicide squad and Batman vs Superman

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Oh man,

Now I have to see it!

That is my kind of comedy.
edit on 1-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Does anyone but me wonder at the proliferation of comic book heroes now jumping off of the big screen? Edit (and the little one too)

Seems to me that the fetish of super heroes fighting with near omnipotent villains that were originally created to entertain bored little per-teen boys and their adolescent brothers might demonstrate a number of sad implications as to the mental state of modern culture.

good question/observation.
one, I think the biggest group of movie attenders are young males, so this appeals to them.
two, special effects have developed. in the past they made stuff like Fantastic Four as cartoons cuz they didn't have the sfx.
third, there's an escapist mentality, and a love for gadgets/tech. Batman was always a tech guy (as were most of his villains).

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Dr. Strange looks good, and perfectly cast (not to mention others there, like Tilda Swinton (who I just know is an alien), and Rachel McAdams (who is nice to look at).....

Deadpool though, is going to be awesome, and really seems like Reynolds' fit. The preview trailers keep cracking me up.

I think there are some easy reasons these kinds of movies have been successful though.

1) Big action movies are always good, and this subject is PERFECT for it.

2) They use heroes that never had a lot of previous exposure (Ironman, Captain America, Ant Man, etc.) so they are pretty fresh stories.

3) They concentrate on the action, with smaller battles throughout, and a finale battle.

4) They add humor to it.

5) Keep the origin story brief and get to the action.
edit on 12-1-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

it is rumored there will be 60+ characters in Avengers 3. also: marvel's spiderman. #heavybreathingintensifies

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Newish Deadpool trailer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join