It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer and chemo

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jondoeuk
The ketogenic diet and hyperbaric oxygen therapy prolong survival in mice with systemic metastatic cancer www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Ketone supplementation decreases tumor cell viability and prolongs survival of mice with metastatic cancer www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Non-Toxic Metabolic Management of Metastatic Cancer in VM Mice: Novel Combination of Ketogenic Diet, Ketone Supplementation, and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

There was a pilot study in 10 advanced cancer patients. The patients did a very low-carb, ketogenic diet for 28 days. According to a PET scan, 4 of the patients continued to have progressive disease, while 5 remained stable and 1 had a partial remission. It could be said that the patients who had the best metabolic response to the diet (that is, lowest insulin and highest ketone levels) saw the most improvement www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In 1995, a case report of two girls with nonresectable brain cancer (anaplastic astrocytoma stage IV, and cerebellar astrocytoma stage III) was published. After 7 days on a ketogenic diet, blood glucose levels decreased and glucose uptake at tumor site decreased by 21,8%. One of the girls had significant improvement in symptoms and her disease did not progress for the next 12 months, the other was lost to follow up www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... One of the patients remains alive at this time (Dr Linda Nebeling MD, personal communication with Prof. Tomas Seyfried PhD)

Rapid Response of Glioblastoma Multiforme with the Ketogenic Diet: A Case Report www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In a pilot trial of 16 advanced-stage cancer patients, a ketogenic diet did improve quality of life and stopped the progression of cancer for the 5 patients who completed the 12 week study www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Also I wonder if this diet would help certain immunotherapies www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... and/or drugs work better?. www.calithera.com... www.cornerstonepharma.com...

Mice and case reports do not evidence make.

And in the pilot trial;
"One patient did not tolerate the diet and dropped out within 3 days. Among those who tolerated the diet, two patients died early, one stopped after 2 weeks due to personal reasons, one felt unable to stick to the diet after 4 weeks, one stopped after 6 and two stopped after 7 and 8 weeks due to progress of the disease, one had to discontinue after 6 weeks to resume chemotherapy and five completed the 3 month intervention period. These five and the one who resumed chemotherapy after 6 weeks report an improved emotional functioning and less insomnia, while several other parameters of quality of life remained stable or worsened, reflecting their very advanced disease. Except for temporary constipation and fatigue, we found no severe adverse side effects, especially no changes in cholesterol or blood lipids."

Can you tell me where that shows it does anything other than nothing please?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jondoeuk

I almost forgot, don't feed the retard troll infesting this thread...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

I'm sorry, are the facts getting in the way of your narrative?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: meremortal

Take advantage of everything that can help you..... That includes chemo. I know it's rough and it Sucks but it WILL help you battle this. To ignore a treatment method that has been proven to work is folly to me. My wife is undergoing breast cancer as we speak. Is chemo rough, hell yeah. The alternative is far worse, your cancer has already shown it's spread, you need to fight it with a full quiver of cancer treatment arrows. One of the strongest arrows is Chemo. You can do alternative stuff in addition to traditional treatment. Please listen to your medical PROFESSIONALS, they know more than anyone else giving you advice.

Cancer Sucks, chemo Sucks, the side effects of chemo and radiation Sucks. However dying because of not doing everything in your power to combat the cancer is even worse. It will not be pleasant, the chemo, you will be poisoning yourself to kill all fast growing cells in your body. You have to be tough and let the poison destroy the cancer before the cancer destroys you.

You can do the chemo, you have far stronger strength inside of you then you realize. Beat your cancer back with every weapon at your disposal.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I'm sorry to hear that your Wife has to deal with breast cancer. When I had it, I too had chemo and radiation. At least they gave me meds for nausea. I slept a lot in those days and had a good support team.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
a reply to: jondoeuk

I almost forgot, don't feed the retard troll infesting this thread...

But feed the one peddling potentially dangerous and untested nonsense eh?
I think your mood could be improved if you ate some carbs.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
another link which I found today by chance.

complete-health-and-happiness.com...

Very interesting to say the least!

Groundbreaking new research on the cancer-fighting potential of vitamin C has made the pages of the peer-reviewed journal Science Translational Medicine. A team of researchers from the University of Kansas reportedly tested the effects of vitamin C given in high doses intravenously on a group of human subjects and found that it effectively eradicates cancer cells while leaving healthy cells intact.

oh oh and also, something for the conspiracy fan like me in it : )

“Because vitamin C has no patent potential, its development will not be supported by pharmaceutical companies,” says Qi Chen, lead author of the new study. “We believe that the time has arrived for research agencies to vigorously support thoughtful and meticulous clinical trials with intravenous vitamin C.”

edit on 1455649156259February592592916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity
Your link is a rehash of something from a couple of years ago.

Yes. Apparently in a trial in Kansas, in conjunction with chemotherapy, vitamin C seemed to help subjectively with side effects in a very small group of patients.

The treatment worked in tandem with standard chemotherapy drugs to slow tumour growth in mouse studies. Meanwhile, a small group of patients reported fewer side-effects when given vitamin C alongside chemotherapy.

www.bbc.com...

That article seems to be a mashup of various things but here is a critique of one of the studies mentioned.

So what we have here is a small clinical trial with a 19% dropout rate that wasn’t even blinded. It reported zero difference in overall survival (both were, as one would expect for ovarian cancer at this stage, abysmal), and zero statistically significant difference in time to relapse/progression.

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...-30256
edit on 2/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

hey, thanks for the additional info!

That is always welcomed no matter the content.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
thank you so much guys, i appreciate all sides and debates!
i have been on the wheatgrass a few weeks now, my hair is getting wavy, it was always straight, still in shock!

i noticed my hair was getting like straw when i washed it,this has never ever happened to me before, in my life i am 57, my sister says its the water, she finds her hair feeling like straw when she visits here.

maybe it was an influx of lime or something, who knows, but i do know that there is no flouride in the water up here!

any way still no chemo or radiotherapy treatment.

my mind is made up and I thank you all xx

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi guys, just to say, a year on and cancer free, no chemo,no radiation, still a bit scared its too good to be true but hey ho!

it has been a journey, my partner was diagnosed with bowel cancer this May,he has just finished his 1st bout of chemo and is putting on weight, his bloods are good otherwise they would not of let him have chemo, we put it down to Wheat Grass
just let you know i am not dead yet

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: meremortal

Keep it going.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join