It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer and chemo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good evening folks

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 months ago, had a right mastectomy and 2 lymph nodes removed which they said had a trace of cancer in them, so 3 weeks later i had to have more surgery to remove the rest of the nodes, 2 more had cancer, 4 did not have cancer.

they had to go in through the old wound to get the other nodes out, tougher than the mastectomy the surgeon told me.

any way I have to back in on monday to talk to the oncologists about chemo and possible radiation treatment.

i have read and researched and quite frankly i do not think i could go through with it, i am thinking of the natural route of healing, plant based diet which i have already started. below is a link i would like your opinion on>>>

alignlife.com... social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

Happy New Year to you all

MM

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Don't do that please! Chemo has come a LONG way since it was first introduced. Yes it is radiation but it's one of the best ways to treat cancer as your chemo treatment is specially prepared for your type of cancer.

I have a family member that has cancer and was on death's door. The hospital gave her chemo treatments immediately when they saw how far it spread. And she is still with us, thankfully and that was over a year ago.

Oncologists, this is what they do, he/she is your doctor and has your health in mind. Take their advice and have the treatment.

Please.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: meremortal

I am very sorry for your medical problems, and for having to deal with the big C.

And I recognize the instinctual need to avoid such massive medical treatment.

But please, for YOUR live: don't set all hopes on "natural treatment". You may use it as a supplement, but not as a replacement. Your live will be endangered, if you believe that vitamins and "superfoods" and such will heal you alone.

That will not happen. It can't.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It might sound like a load of old crock, but I'm reliably informed that the best thing is Lyons' Golden Syrup (Tate and Lyle). Two tablespoons (ie 2@20ml) a day one every 12 hours for six days, then sugar-free on day 7. You should start to feel better in yourself after a week or so. I don't know how it works, I just know it's supposed to be near-miraculous. What have you got to lose?
edit on 1-1-2016 by Mahler because:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If all the cancer has been removed, my advice would be to not go through with the chemo, which is quite severe.

Naturally, continue to have regular checks.

And good luck xx

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Your in a tough place. Tough choices.

Based on LIMITED understanding, I went with a combination. Definitely diet is a factor to assisting the immune system and the general body's ability to maintain health.

I wouldn't discount the traditional treatments either, if I were you.

I went with the radiation-it was a skin Lymphoma, so less collateral damage in radiation treatment- I didn't go the chemo route as they said they couldn't measure whether the chemo was effective or not.

Sugar reduction, baking soda and ionic minerals-it takes time for the body to regain it's earlier resistance, just as it took tike to lose it-and five years later, 65 years old, so far so good.

Your call, though.

Good luck

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about the hand you've been dealt, here. You will of course, be deluged with opinions and websites that will try to discourage you from taking the treatments recommended by your doctors. Please bear in mind that they have nothing invested in your well-being besides well-wishing. The truths are more harsh...your doctors are well acquainted with your condition, and have devoted their lives to slaying that particular dragon. They have gone beyond the University of YouTube to do so. They will tell you that you have a narrow window of opportunity in which your odds of success are better. Don't waste that. Also, as a cancer survivor myself, I can attest to the fact that NOBODY knows what action they will take unless they are staring cancer in the face.

My recommendation? Have a talk with your team and ask them about any alternative regimens that you might follow that will complement their treatment and perhaps ameliorate the side effects of their treatment. Do your research in that context, and present them with your own educated questions. In my case (radiation treatment), the response was "It couldn't hurt." You'll feel better for taking some small control over your treatment, and that matters.

In addition, while there are numerous ATS members who went through the standard treatments for cancer and lived to tell the tale, there are perhaps one or two who personally claim to have used alternative measures with successful results. Think about that.

My final thought...the toughest thing about fighting cancer is trying to convince others it's no big deal, when in reality the worry is consuming you. Don't be afraid to share your feelings, even if it is only with one selected person. Good luck to you and let us know how you're progressing!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Some people respond well to Chemo and radiation while others don't. What I study is ways so that we kill cancer cells regularly and prevent it from happening. My information can probably lessen your chances of getting cancer and can kill mild cases of it. I do not know if it would work after surgery because it slows replication of cancer cells but also slows healing. Estrogen actually causes cells to repair themselves, both cancer and regular cells. Estrogen production goes up when women are pregnant because they are growing a baby, they need that estrogen to develop the child.

The problem is that sometime the body loses it's ability to properly break down estrogen or too much estrogen is taken up by cells that get a mutation. Missing proper enzymes is part of the problem and receptors not working exactly right is another. Food chemistry can intermingle with this and cause problems. Another thing is that the lymph nodes get plumped by antiperspirants and even soap additives. Propylene glycol plumps and smooths but by doing so can cause problems. I say can, because some people can break down this product quickly. There are a lot of combinations of things that can cause Cancer. The problem is we have pushed these to the limit and this is going to cause a lot of unnecessary health problems including cancer.

It is your choice what you want to do with this. Chemo and radiation do work but they are hard on the body for most people. I do know that half the time it is good to do this stuff and will not tell anyone to take or avoid the treatments. I have known some people who went through it well, while others had their health deteriorate so bad they wished to die. It is your choice, you are the one who is taking the risk.

If you need some possible ways to adjust diet to help you along and keep the remnants from causing you harm, I may be able to give you some advice. The plant defense chemicals are strong, and I have not studied many of them well enough to know if they would surely help. Remember, these chemicals can be just as strong as some chemo drugs, just because they are natural does not mean they are safe. They are protective medicine when used regularly in moderation in diet but are actually potent medicines when too much are eaten. Maybe the people on the site you listed might have researched it more than I have. Talk to your spouse and relatives about it. Ask your relatives if anyone in the family has had chemo and ask how they weathered the event. Chemo is very invasive, but it also does kill cancer. Radiation is less of a problem than Chemo, I would get that done if I got cancer, but would evaluate the Chemo they planned to do on me before I got it. I do understand the systems they use on the classes of chemotherapies, but I still have to look them to find which class it is. Different classes are used on different cancers.

I forgot to say I am sorry to hear that you got cancer I hope they got it all now.
edit on 1-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Bless your heart. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

I'm a H U G E proponent of natural remedies for healing. I cannot speak to the link you provided, but I hope whatever path you take you include nutritional supplements and natural remedies.

Have you checked out any cancer treatment centers in your area? Perhaps you have an alternative cancer treatment center near you that would know exactly what remedies/treatments would work best for you. Even many convention treatment centers have incorporated natural remedies, such as nutritional supplements, probiotics, etc., either in place of or in conjunction with chemo/radiation. My best suggestion is that you start there, and see what the experts have to offer. Just explain that you want to avoid chemo/radiation, and what are your other options.

Are you familiar with the Cancer Tutor website? When my brother was diagnosed with cancer, I found a wealth of information there, including diet and nutritional information. It was several years ago, but hopefully it's just gotten better with age.

Are you in a state with legal medical marijuana? Have you considered supplementing with cannabis oil? There is much research showing its healing properties with cancer specifically; but there is no officially approved treatment protocol that I know of. If legal cannabis is an option for you, there are many recipes for making your own cannabis infused oil, such as coconut oil. If you have basic cooking skills, it's pretty simple.

Please take good care, and get all the information you can find before making any final choices. You want to be sure you are making the best choice for you. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: meremortal

i have read and researched and quite frankly i do not think i could go through with it, i am thinking of the natural route of healing, plant based diet which i have already started. below is a link i would like your opinion on>>>

alignlife.com... social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

Happy New Year to you all

MM

You will be dead within the year then.

No point sugar coating it.
edit on 1-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
By the way, the fact that they are going after more lymph nodes usually means that it was really cancer and not a benign growth. The tissue probably tested positive out to the edge of the sample.

If they found no cancer in the nodes, then maybe the listed article would apply.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm currently on radiotherapy. Makes me feel tired, but not too bad. It's improved a lot as a treatment since I last had it in 2012. In that time I've had 4 separate chemotherapy treatments, with varying success. I don't do them for fun, but they certainly aren't that bad, I wouldn't turn them down and see these treatments as a way of extending my life and enjoying the good parts. Nothing in life worth having comes easy. Sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet and ride it out. Not enjoyable, but better than death. You can always complement your treatment with alternative medicine, but I certainly wouldn't replace it. Treatments for cancer are improving everyday, just keep fighting it with the best means available, whether they be medical or alternatives as a complement. We all have an inner drive to survive, don't ignore it.

edit on 1-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

a long way? its been going 100 years surely that says something? not much change, still using a barbaric therapy!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

why not ? i have seen many testimonials on non chemical cures, it seems only natural,pardon the pun!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahler

that sounds like a lot of sugar to me, sugar is one thing i cut out completely!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

thank you x

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Go with whatever helps. Make sure it does help before you do whatever you choose though. One thing you might try is cannabis in whatever form. I've read that it shrinks tumors and or kills them. It's also good for pain and nausea. My sister was on chemo and it helped her a lot. She didn't lose nearly as much weight as she would have otherwise. She's also been in remission for years.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

thank you, yes using baking soda, juicing, black seed oil etc etc

good to hear you beat the fecker!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

thank you Johnny

to be honest i am not worried, the only time i went through fear was the day and night they told me, after that nothing, i never cried untill last night and that was becasue the scar is hideous, i know its early days but still hideous x

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: meremortal
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

thank you Johnny

to be honest i am not worried, the only time i went through fear was the day and night they told me, after that nothing, i never cried untill last night and that was becasue the scar is hideous, i know its early days but still hideous x

Look into tattooing over the scar once it's healed. Again, it's a way of taking some small control over the circumstances, and that can help big-time. I have a radiation trefoil tattooed on my upper arm as a way of saying "# Cancer". They can also be used to beautify the scarring.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join