It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriotism.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

A response on your linked article.

As his goal was a broad education leading towards a more moral, better person, then perhaps separating the good and the well is also incorrect? Perhaps the broader idea is both?

Having your cake, eating it too, and sharing some of it...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

As his goal was a broad education leading towards a more moral, better person, then perhaps separating the good and the well is also incorrect? Perhaps the broader idea is both?

I'd like to pursue this, but I think that we are drifting dangerously close to that admin knock on the door about thread drift.
Taking it back home, I'd add that the better that someone can think, the higher the intellect, the more rational, the less '-isms' contracted!

edit on 3-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

I'd like to pursue this, but I think that we are drifting dangerously close to that admin knock on the door about thread drift.
Taking it back home, I'd add that the better that someone can think, the higher the intellect, the more rational, the less '-isms' contracted!

Hmmm, Like "ism's", intellect is also only a tool. A means to an end. Are they even separable?
edit on 3-1-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Hmmm, Like "ism's", intellect is also only a tool. A means to an end. Are they even separable?

I'm equating '-isms' with 'dogma', 'beliefs', fanaticism...
Malware!
Zombified 'thought'!

'Intelligence/intellect' has been defined as the ability to get a job done. (Yes, there are many definitions...)
Some can perform very rudimentary 'jobs', others varied and complex... an entire spectrum of Perspectives = all is Known!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join