It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have Four Personal Options As to Who Will Become President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I would like everyone to do some soul searching on this one.

At this point it seems when it comes to basic personal political side taking we have four choices. (I am basing this on assumption that these two will be the nominees ).

1- Dislike both Clinton and Trump
2- Like both Clinton and Trump
3- Like Hillary
4- Like Trump

We all know the deal. The list of negatives on both sides is extensive. From past to present they both have their fair share. Assuming those two are going to be our only choice then its logical that we look at the positives for both.
Questions like: Who has accomplished more in their lifetime, Who has donated money to charity, How do they feel about personal freedoms, Who has the American people in their best interest, How skilled are they in economics and overseas banking, Who has the constitution in their mind, Who would be fair and balanced, How do they feel about things that are important to you, who will keep us safe, Who is balanced and the list goes on and on and on. Some things are impossible to measure I know.
What I would love to see are positive comments about your serious feelings about who You think has more merit and accomplishments, step away from left/indi/right for a moment. There are plenty of negative threads with name calling on both sides, most of us have been dealing with the negatives from the media so I would like to be optimistic and focus on the good stuff. Thank You, I tried to make this thread balanced because You guys will be a part in the deciding factor in my vote.

edit on 1-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Yup!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics
I was actually thinking that when I was writing it. I don't agree with the way things are but Im just an ant and us humans don't work together tight and uniform like ants so this ant hasn't bent over to it but with me it got to a point where I had to say that my mental health became the focus and I have to view these things in a humorous manner to not let the anger negatively affect me. That was funny though.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Every 4 years we are presented with a choice.

They give you two bowls of sh.t.

They ask you to choose the color of the bowl.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The thought of either of those candidates becoming POTUS makes my stomach churn. I hope some moderate mounts a viable 3rd party candidacy. If these are my only choices, I will be showing up at the polls in my Hazmat suit.

The selection I make will be based on only one thing: Which candidate is more likely to keep the religious right out of the White House.

Having said that I can literally feel the bile rising in my throat.

-dex

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I have to agree with TTP. Call me cynical, but I see American politics more akin to bread and circuses. While I understand there are people who want to get into various positions of government to help people, help their communicates prosper. I can't help but feel it's hopeless with the current system.

If you want to know who I think will win the 2016 Presidential Election, then I pick Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump is popular but he's too much of a character. In the end I see someone like Ted Cruz clinching the GOP nomination, but losing to Hillary who will prove to be more popular with many different types of American voters.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If you vote you have no right to complain.....because YOU are part of the problem.

If the voters refused to vote, these jerks wouldn't get into office.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth

Ironically the first and last time I voted, the majority of Americans and myself voted for the blue bowl but we got the red one anyway.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We can all agree the choices suck.
But I'm still waiting to hear the better solution. Does a country that has no vote sound better?

The president is the last decoration on the Christmas tree. The tree topper so to speak.
Our tree topper is either turd A or turd B.
The rest of the ornaments on the tree are lousy to, but we only seem to focus on the topper.
That star on top is why our tree sucks!

We need to start replacing the lower elected officials before we can expect the highest to be any good.
Start with mayors and work up the food chain so that some day we might actually have a good choice.
I think this idea is called a pipe dream.... Ugg.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

If the voters refused to vote, these jerks wouldn't get into office.

Actually, that's not true.
If the populace doesn't vote - CONGRESS gets to choose the next POTUS.

With zero votes cast, there would be no electoral votes for any candidate.

This would be declared a tie vote, since ( 0 = 0 is just as equal as 269 = 269 )

The President would then be decided by a vote of the state delegations (50 of them) in the House and the Vice President would be decided by the Senate.

So we could have a President and Vice-President from different parties.

What would happen if no one voted in a U.S. presidential election?

I, for one, am NOT willing to enable that to happen.
Even if it's what happens anyway because it's all fixed -- I will vote.....

if we left it up to Congress to decide, it would be a debacle beyond imagining.

(I looked it up in 2012)

edit on 1/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Interesting premise.
But - I disagree that these are the only actual choices that will be offered.

SANDERS will win, if the 'electorate' turns out to vote.
Even if he doesn't get the nomination, if enough people "write him in" - it will cause a huge uproar.....

many of us still remember how GW was given "the win" even though Gore got the most votes.

Yeah, I know - it's all a big media circus, and rigged.....

I predict, however, that Trump will drop out (because that's what he's been hired to do), and Clinton might retreat also - leaving Cruz and Sanders.

SANDERS for the world!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

LOL. same thing like: "What's the difference between a Presidential Candidate and a bucket of sh!t?".. The bucket.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Same here but I don't really see either one as being religious. Im looking for merits though and I think Ive made my choice, based on merits its going to be the bad boy, if Hilary gets It then I will be forced to focus on her good points. As far as creating jobs and understanding how we are getting screwed by China, I am Trump 100%. They both claim to reform Marijuana laws all of a sudden, but Trump waned to legalize all drugs a few years ago. Then I hear Mitt Romney, Limbaugh, Graham and a whole host of kooks consistently slamming Trump so that solidifies it in my mind. I realize he is crazy but our current president is apparently in a coma. Im liberal as can be, like REALLY LIBERAL but my sick sense of humor cant hep but to LMAO at the neocons and media when Trump wins. I also do think Trump will 100% be the nominee and prevail as president. Don't let the media fool You guys, Santorum and Huckabee have both won Iowa in the past, it means nothing. There are an astounding number of Trump signs in my state and the neighboring states, more than I have ever seen, its like insane. The media doesn't want him, the republicans dot want him and the dems don't want him, that makes me want him.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I wish Sanders would win and I apologized to Bernie for assuming it would be those two but erased it, I think he is an honest good man. I don't think Trump will drop out though.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Thanks for saying so.....
after I read your OP I looked up 'how likely is sanders to win'.....

Democrats’ destructive Bernie Sanders myth: Stop saying he can’t win!

It will be interesting to see how many Democrats vote for Clinton only because they don’t think Sanders can win. As Cilliza notes, it’s clear that many Democrats like Sanders and would be happy if he won; they simply don’t believe he can. That belief may be enough to gift Clinton the Democratic nomination.

Clinton will probably make a stronger general election candidate than many believe, especially in light of her competition. However, a Sanders general election campaign would be a fascinating test of the proposition that Democrats would do much better if they owned their progressivism, something Clinton is unlikely to do.

Keep the faith!
Feel the Bern!

Sorry for derailing.
As for your original premise....I dislike both Trump and Clinton.
If that's who we are "stuck" with, however, I would still write in Sanders. A wasted vote? Maybe.
But my choice.....

edit on 1/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth

Unfortunately…

For most, the only real choice is which mega corporation to work at.

1) Miniluv: Ministry of Love (law and order)
2) Minipax: Ministry of Peace (war)
3) Miniplenty: Ministry of Plenty (rationing)
4) Minitrue: Ministry of Truth (propaganda)

Each of the ministries does just the opposite of what it says, like the Ministry of Defense in the U.S. (it's really the Ministry of War).

The Ministry of Love tortures political prisoners.

The Ministry of Peace wages war.

The Ministry of Plenty controls and rations the food supply to keep people near starvation.

The Ministry of Truth (where Winston works) spreads lies (propaganda), and it censors all print media, revises history, and truncates the language with each edition of the Newspeak dictionary.

link

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover

At this point it seems when it comes to basic personal political side taking we have four choices. (I am basing this on assumption that these two will be the nominees ).

1- Dislike both Clinton and Trump
2- Like both Clinton and Trump
3- Like Hillary
4- Like Trump

I disagree. I see the options this way:

1. You can vote for the candidate that best represents your views, regardless of their chances of winning.

2. You can vote for a candidate that sort of represents your views, but may have a better chance of winning.

3. You can vote for a candidate that doesn't really represent your views, but your hatred and/or fear of the "other side" convinces you that they are the lesser of two evils.

4. You can choose not to vote.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think you're jumping to conclusions. Trump won't get the nomination; Cruz will. And though it's less likely, Bernie just might beat Clinton. If that happened, it would be

Sanders vs Cruz

which is a much more interesting match up than what you have postulated.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Yup!

Even if the president vetoes a bill, the Congress can override the veto.
Most everyone will ignore the heart of the problem, the Congress and become caught up in the presidential circus.
We have to realize that the Congress encourages fixation on the President so they can pass the buck, blame what they are doing on the Executive branch. www.kickthemallout.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join