It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need a new show to start. thinking deadwood or justified

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
anyone have anything to say about either of those? can anyone recommend a show?
i like just about any genre. westerns i dont usually go for but every now and then you get a gem to the likes of tombstone, django, or the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford(crazy long title)

i dont usually like the zombie bull# either. i did get pretty hooked on walking dead but after a few seasons i was spent.

so, comedies, dramas....dont matter.

im thinking deadwood will be pretty good. i like timothy olyphant and my boy titus weliver is in it too so thats a bonus.

obviously it does not have to be a 'new' show.

thanks for the help

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
just started farscape on netflix good show even has a muppet

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
anyone see six feet under?
thats another i am thinking about starting

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

That was one of my favs. Dexter is in it. LOL

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Deadwood was ok but has really rough language. Justified is really good and good acting and story lines

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hell On Wheels is good too. It's about the building of the cross country railroads after the US Civil War.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Not seen them but I have made it a tradition when Mrsnonspecific goes away at new year to rewatch Fringe.

If you have not seen it I can reccomend it but get through season 1 and you will not regret it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I was going to suggest Dexter and Six Feet Under. Both REALLY fantastic, IMO! I haven't seen Deadwood or Justified.

I also love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
edit on 1/1/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If you haven't seen Jericho yet, you should. Its too bad they stopped making it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
six feet under is fantastic!

Peaky Blinders is REALLY good, too!!!!

Peaky Blinders - A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.
edit on 1-1-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Deadwood.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Penny Dreadful will not disappoint you.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Prior to Breaking Bad Deadwood was my favorite show.
Based on history and real people and places.
Yes the language can be challenging but that is part of the appeal.
Additionally Al Swearengen is one of the all time great portrayals by an actor.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Leftovers is pretty good too though I have no idea where they are going to take it. It's sort of "rapturey" but not really. But the acting is good and has some interesting characters.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Deadwood is awesome, I love HBO productions. Swearengen and Bullock are my two favorite characters and Dan and the Captain that was awesome. Great show, Rome by HBO is really good as well. only 2 seasons but they are both really entertaining. Titus Pullo and Lucias Vorenus were my dudes, they made that show but all of the acting is top notch I think. HBO really does cast very well.
edit on 1-1-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I like a western every now and then. We enjoyed deadwood, sorry to see it end after only 3 seasons.

Rough, tough characters, lots of drinking, fighting, cussing, money grubbing, back stabbing etc.

Timothy Olyphant was good, I especially liked Brad Dourif and Ian McShane. Imo it's worth a look just wasn't long enough.

We're binge watching game of thrones right now and will soon be looking for something new. American horror story was good too if you like that sort of thing.

edit on 1-1-2016 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Deadwood and Justified are both very good. As others have said, Dexter is also. I'd also recommend Sons of Anarchy to anyone who hasn't seen it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory
I like a western every now and then. We enjoyed deadwood, sorry to see it end after only 3 seasons.

Rough, tough characters, lots of drinking, fighting, cussing, money grubbing, back stabbing etc.

Timothy Olyphant was good, I especially liked Brad Dourif and Ian McShane. Imo it's worth a look just wasn't long enough.

We're binge watching game of thrones right now and will soon be looking for something new. American horror story was good too if you like that sort of thing.

Timothy olyphamt is also in Justified

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'd recommend Trailer Park Boys if you like comedy.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Justified is great, Boardwalk Empire was pretty awesome too .

<<   2  3 >>

join