It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
LMAO I just sat here and made provoking comments only for my sick entertainment and some of you fell for it hahaha. I meant none of it. It also was a challenge for freedom of speech. Sorry guys.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

There are a variety of different people banned from the UK, including a Hamas Leader, a Russian mafia member and even Michael Savage.

link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I also think he just doesn't care what others say.

But he DOES care. Anytime anyone says anything negative about him, he makes a big deal about attacking and insulting them as much as he can. He cared about what Forbes, Megyn Kelly, the Clintons, John McCain, Obama, the media, etc., all said. ANYONE who says ANYTHING about him is fair game for a counter attack. He very much cares what everyone thinks of him. He's very thin-skinned and insecure.

link   
a reply to: Foderalover

You must be rather board mate, but congratulations, whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think you'll find everything else racial/sexist/bigoted he has said has been met with derision as well.

But in this case, the last time we came across someone with similar rhetoric running for office in a country it didn't work out too well for the world.

The government has responded to a petition calling for presidential hopeful Donald Trump to be banned from the UK after he proposed a temporary halt on Muslims entering the US.

But it wasn't the everything else racial/sexist/bigoted things he has said that has the government wanting him banned from the country.

He could have kept right on saying all those other things and everything would have been fine.

The government has responded to a petition calling for presidential hopeful Donald Trump to be banned from the UK after he proposed a temporary halt on Muslims entering the US.

It was his statements regarding temporary halt of Muslims entering the US, that is causing the UK government to cry for his being banned from the country.

I think it speaks volumes of a hidden agenda, but what else would you expect from a xenophobic racist.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

School holidays......must have too much time on his hands.
They really should start giving them more homework then maybe they wouldn't be so uninformed when they did have time to post.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore
Every time I hear somebody say that he'd make a great president something shrivels up and dies inside me. The guy is a complete and total ass hat. He's always rubbed me the wrong way. I think if he gets the job he'll be like Biff in Back to the Future 2. Anywho, this is the look I give people who say he'd be great in office:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Granite

Strawman argument. Irrelevant to this subject, and from a different era.

Ah...I get it now.
Lefty double standards are to be ignored!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
LMAO I just sat here and made provoking comments only for my sick entertainment and some of you fell for it hahaha. I meant none of it. It also was a challenge for freedom of speech. Sorry guys.

We see way too much of your type of participation lately on ATS.

Maybe they should establish a "sick entertainment" forum so you and other like you can enjoy and admire each other.

Perhaps by providing a forum for your antics it remove enough of the game play to bring back a bit of the old glory to ATS.

Anyway, now I know I can't trust anything you post.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

There are a variety of different people banned from the UK, including a Hamas Leader, a Russian mafia member and even Michael Savage.

So in other words they just haphazardly condone people who they like and ban others they don't despite what they say. This whole petition thing even seems more trivial to me now.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Strawman argument. Irrelevant to this subject, and from a different era.

Ah...I get it now.
Lefty double standards are to be ignored!

I am interested in your opinion on this.

Could you elucidate on this please.

I am interested but feel that you may need to say more to be fully understood in this interesting conversation.

Regards.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

500k is a minority number compared to the population

It's a majority when you consider the petition to let him in the country only managed a 5th of that.

Would it not be better to let him in ? Challenge his views with logic and reason rather just ban him with no chance of changing his mindset or making him see sense ?

You've got two hopes of that happening, no hope & Bob Hope.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The topic is the reaction to Trumps comments. That's not so hard to fathom is it?

I think, however - and solely to pander to your inability to stick to a topic- that your point is out-of-time. 35 years is a long time in politics, social opinions and information dissemination technology. People are far more "world aware" these days.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Every time I hear somebody say that he'd make a great president something shrivels up and dies inside me.

I hear you.

The trouble is, I feel that way the moment I hear them mention any of the names of the motley crew they have competing for the office of the President.

Can't say I didn't see this coming. When the government has become a joke, why would anyone but a bunch of clowns apply for the job.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

No we simply do not like to entertain idiots that are not born here.

We have enough bigots and idiots.

To allow more in would be foolish at best.

Seriously we have enough idiotic moronic bigots and the prospect of more is too much for us to bear.
edit on 1/1/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Trueman
I also think he just doesn't care what others say.

But he DOES care. Anytime anyone says anything negative about him, he makes a big deal about attacking and insulting them as much as he can. He cared about what Forbes, Megyn Kelly, the Clintons, John McCain, Obama, the media, etc., all said. ANYONE who says ANYTHING about him is fair game for a counter attack. He very much cares what everyone thinks of him. He's very thin-skinned and insecure.

And that precludes him from being POTUS? We elected Dubya, twice, and he attacked the media.

"A “major league asshole” In an embarrassing gaffe, George W. Bush insults a New York Times reporter".
www.salon.com...

ETA: And VP Cheyney used profanity to another politician who just said "hi".
"Go f#ck yourself" -- Cheney
www.dailykos.com...#-yourself-Cheney

edit on 1jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about the others either. The only one that I was interested in is Rand Paul but even he's made comments that make me raise my eyebrows.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The fact that they would consider banning Trump and allowing Hillary says a lot more about a nation than anything else.

imho

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about the others either. The only one that I was interested in is Rand Paul but even he's made comments that make me raise my eyebrows.

What is your opinion on the petition and resulting question about your elected leader being banned from entering the UK though?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The fact that they would consider banning Trump and allowing Hillary says a lot more about a nation than anything else.

imho

Could you expand on this comment please?

Unless your just doing your one line wonder hit and run thing that is?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join