It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ButsDuge
Don't they talk about banning some US Republican candidate every election cycle?

I have a feeling I've seen this type of news in the past.

I do not remember such an incident but a quick google should give you the links you are looking for.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
So, let me get this straight... Donald T. can't enter Britain because he's anti muslim but Bush and all the other Murdering Warmongers can? Hello ... Logic????

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bush will not travel to Europe out of fear of being arrested and charged with war crimes.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Interesting response from Cameron, if nothing else decisive from May:

Prime Minister David Cameron has labelled Mr Trump's comments "stupid" but said he did not support a ban, telling MPs the tycoon would "unite us all against him" if he visited the UK.

He's right, in a way (god, I hate saying that) but I find that an odd response, particularly since he was complaining about Corbyn's behaviour as "some people choose to shout into megaphones, wave banners and sign petitions".
He'd probably love Trump over here, it would take the flak off of him.

And a happy New Year to you nef.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
I love picking on you overly politically correct butthurting people. I think some of you should move to Mexico or to a middle eastern country , either way we will be one soon so it doesn't matter. Its not right to hate but we do have the right to do it AND talk about it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Its a shame you are incapable of intelligent discussion without recourse to some superiority complex/keyboard warrior idiocracy.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ButsDuge

Nope. Not happened before.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
So, let me get this straight... Donald T. can't enter Britain because he's anti muslim but Bush and all the other Murdering Warmongers can? Hello ... Logic????

Nope.

He can enter Britain still. Try reading the article.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I really wish the UK would ban Trump from entering there country.

Since, as much as the citizens in the US like to think the UK lack power over there politics...The fact still remains, that there's no chance of Trump being president if he's banned from entering the UK.

The UK still have far more power over who becomes president, than the US would like to admit.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The problem with banning racism, hate speech, opinions a majority disagrees with, is, it doesn't solve the problem, it just keeps those people silent in public but doesn't change their attitude.

I'd rather see full freedom of speech even if it's pro nazi speech, then at least we can challenge those views and attempt to change that persons attitude by trying to see anothers point of view, but as long as they remain silent in fear of reprisals then we cannot even try to change their attitudes.

I'm sure everybody in this thread has somebody has a person they really just don't like, even if they do not truly that person, is that not the same kind of thinking as a racist/hateful person ? We're all guilty in some degree or another for hating

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

The point though is that to quote Teresa May, entering the UK is a privilege not a right for non EU residents. So he can say what he likes, but if he's deemed to be stirring up division and hatred, he loses that privilege.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Trueman

a reply to: neformore

I don't know why a government has to do something against a candidate. It's the people's vote the only way to rule him out.

Maybe because a government are the elected representatives of the population?

I cannot believe I actually wrote that without laughing but I did.

Getting in the middle of an election process in another country is not their job.

This has nothing to do with the elections in the US.

It is simply that our laws prohibit certain people from entering the country if they break certain rules that we have.

If he breaks them then we can ban him from entering, simple as.

The fact that he is rich and running for election should not give him the ability to be free from these laws.

Yes, it has to do with elections in the US. This wouldn't happen If Trump wasn't a candidate. But he is a candidate with undeniable strong chances to win, and that's scary for many.

Fair enough it has something to do with it but the thread was about the UK's reaction and petition to have him banned from the country due to hate speech laws and the people of the UK's objection to his attitude.

As I said earlier the fact that he is rich and a presidential candidate should not exclude him from this law.

Well, I think we agree in the fact that he just can't control his mouth and that upsets a lot of people even outside the US. It would be silly from him to expect no reaction, but I also think he just doesn't care what others say. That is exactly what seems to work like a magnet for him.

See.., he made people believe that what he says is what he really think. Rest of candidates look like going with the trends in order to survive and go forward. We know they lie.
edit on 1-1-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Since, as much as the citizens in the US like to think the UK lack power over there politics...The fact still remains, that there's no chance of Trump being president if he's banned from entering the UK.

The UK still have far more power over who becomes president, than the US would like to admit.

That is an interesting point in that the UK maybe has more clout than is usually recognised.

There is a growing distrust of the US that is mirrored by an unusual admiration for Putin and Russia here in the UK.

It has occured to me that there may come a time when allies are pushed to the limit and the balance of power may change.

Some scarey but interesting points to be considered.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
A privilege to come to the UK??? Ahahaha.

Damn, I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks for delivering my first laugh of the new year!

USA is the greatest place on earth, anywhere else is a downgrade.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yes, it has to do with elections in the US. This wouldn't happen If Trump wasn't a candidate. But he is a candidate with undeniable strong chances to win, and that's scary for many.

What is scary, is how so many of the leaders of Europe and the US, have become such defenders of a single group of people, while throwing all other religions, races, and cultures under the bus.

It is blatantly obvious that there is an orchestrated rallying cry, and vicious attacks, against anyone that doesn't worship at the feet of those that identify with the four letter word that starts with the letter "I".

He and many others have said far more disgusting things about Jews, Blacks, Chinese, Mexicans, and many others, yet nothing has been said, and no one has even suggested shutting their doors to them.

Why the difference? Why now? The answers to those questions is what is more than scary, they are critical.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Why? On what grounds? On the grounds that he said something that made him look stupid and harmed no one?

Here's a list of people banned from the UK.

Fvrom Wiki

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2
A privilege to come to the UK??? Ahahaha.

Damn, I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks for delivering my first laugh of the new year!

USA is the greatest place on earth, anywhere else is a downgrade.

Let me guess,

Never left the USA right...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bovah2

"USA is the greatest place on earth, anywhere else is a downgrade."

Hence the US current credit rating?

There are far better places on this earth to reside than the USA or UK these days.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think you'll find everything else racial/sexist/bigoted he has said has been met with derision as well.

But in this case, the last time we came across someone with similar rhetoric running for office in a country it didn't work out too well for the world.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Why? On what grounds? On the grounds that he said something that made him look stupid and harmed no one?

Here's a list of people banned from the UK.

Fvrom Wiki

Well the UK should be closing their door to a lot of religious leaders, if they are banning the entrance of anti-gay preachers.

Especially those that think that homosexuality is sin to die for.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think Donald Trump is a complete dick.

Sure, what he has said resonates with many, most of whom are afraid to voice their opinion in public for fear of being publicly demonised as racist etc.

But that's not really the point.

I don't think anyone could ever accuse me of being a Muslim apologist etc but some of things he has said are nothing but hateful.
But should that bar him from entering the UK?
Personally, I don't think so.
Far better that he be allowed entry and then be exposed for the idiot he is.

And let's be honest here, we've allowed entry to some whose messages are filled with far, far more hate than Trump.

But at the end of the day, if the British government decides to bar him entry then so be it - our country, our laws.
But at least be consistent when applying those laws and lets stop whinging and moaning when other countries see fit to deny UK citizens entry when they see fit.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: charlyv
Fact is, your countries #1 ally has seriously considered banning your next potential president from its shores.

Who cares what Britain thinks? Last I heard, Trump was a US candidate. Maybe we should start circulating petitions on UK candidates we don't like. He's #1 in GOP polls in the US, not UK, and that's what matters. They don't like his speech which they deem as facist hate speech? Coming from the UK, that doesn't carry much clout. They sure seem accepting of people regurgitating hate speech within their own shores.

"Rahman “was jailed for six years in 2007 after calling for British soldiers to be brought back from Iraq in bodybags.” Now “he manages the Siddeeq Academy in Tower Hamlets, an Islamic tuition centre in East London.” It seems clear what he is teaching there. The UK allows this man to run an Islamic tuition centre while banning counter-jihadists from entering the country. So what is Britain buying for its future? Many, many more Mizanur Rahmans.

“British hate preacher backs Paris massacres and tells his followers ‘Britain is the enemy of Islam,'” www.jihadwatch.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join