It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Given the way many Americans think, have the UK against him just makes them think he should be president. I will give you that many of those types probably won't show up to vote.

All in all, this whole think doesn't matter in real game of world politics and power.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: neformore

Trump is going to your Queen "stay out of our business or else"...

And high time someone does!!!

Eh?

I dont get what your saying?

You will in March 2016...

Now I do not understand what you are saying in response to him not knowing what you are saying.

What are you saying?

It appears that even you do not seem sure?

The first primary election is in Iowa on March 2016.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I don't disagree with you at all. I find the sentiment interesting though.

I mean, we are a tolerant nation generally, but people really were pissed off with the things they heard and it became a major talking point. Its not something I've seen in the UK for a long time - even through the Gulf Wars there has been some kind of cohesion, but this changed the tone of the conversation a bit.

The other thing that interests me is the reaction from some of our US friends here. Lest they forget, the UK supplies considerable diplomatic gravitas to US political decisions in the UN, and as military allies on a world stage. The long term ramifications of a potentially much colder relationship would be challenging for both parties involved.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
I think it says more about us than it does about him, we don't like what he says, ok let's ban him from the country.

It's censorship at its core and while I disagree with what he says and think he's an idiot when it comes to politics I don't think we should censor him from our country

It sets us on a very slippery slope where we begin banning plenty of other people just because a vocal minority (500k is a minority number compared to the population) are offended by someone says

Would it not be better to let him in ? Challenge his views with logic and reason rather just ban him with no chance of changing his mindset or making him see sense ?

I do not think for a second it will happen.

I think it is more about the population voicing their concerns about such a bufoon thinking he can say what he likes outside of America and get away with it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Maybe Cameron's just protecting his pigs head?

And the people that say the same things as Trump, even in there own homes are just as misinformed, racist and xenophobic as he is, difference being they dont have a public soapbox or agenda to satisfy.

Trumps about as risky and clever as Adolf Hitler if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: evenkeel

Well, irregardless of his controversial remarks, his sails have the wind.

Time spent wisely figuring out why rather than how.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I don't know why a government has to do something against a candidate. It's the people's vote the only way to rule him out.

edit on 1-1-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I don't know why a government has to do something against a candidate. It's the people's vote the only way to rule him out.

Maybe because a government are the elected representatives of the population?

I cannot believe I actually wrote that without laughing but I did.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Controversial remarks like those below are abominable, clearly racist and quite frankly should remove anyone from running for the position of POTUS. The Mans quite simply a menace to reality.

"I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people."

"The wall will go up and Mexico will start behaving."

"Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it"

"The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear Yamakas every day."
edit on 1-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Controversial remarks like those below are abominable, clearly racist and quite frankly should remover anyone from running for the position of POTUS. The Mans quite simply a menace to reality.

"I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people."

"The wall will go up and Mexico will start behaving."

"Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it"

"The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear Yamakas every day."

Are they all real Trumpisms?

I think you need some links to make sure that folks cannot weedle their way out of this joke of a humans opinions.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Trump wanted to legalize all drugs a few years ago, that's crazy huh ? Hilary was against marijuana in any form until 3 weeks ago, even crazier huh ? I personally don't care what the UK thinks, Ive been there, not impressed so I doubt Trump would want to go there anyway with all the muslims that live there. Hilary sucks so bad that people are turning to Trump. Also Trump excercises freedom of speech which most of you seem to be against. If You don't like Trump then there is a sorry lying female who was 100% against gay marriage a few years ago,waiting for your vote. TRUMP 2016 ! LOOK AT THE ALTERNATIVE, SHE SUCKS BAD.
edit on 1-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Here you go.

en.wikiquote.org...

presidential-candidates.insidegov.com...

There are some more in there also.

Happy New Year everyone, all the best, and i hope you have a good one.

edit on 1-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Getting in the middle of an election process in another country is not their job.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Getting in the middle of an election process in another country is not their job.

You have missed the point spectacularly it seems.

Enough people in the UK petitioned so that the British government had to respond. It is mandated to when figures reach a certain number.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with the elections in the US.

It is simply that our laws prohibit certain people from entering the country if they break certain rules that we have.

If he breaks them then we can ban him from entering, simple as.

The fact that he is rich and running for election should not give him the ability to be free from these laws.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
We know Trump is a prat, but what he said hardly did anyone any harm. There's a real case of over-reaction here. Too many people attempting to lower the bar of free speech. The UK (my country) needs to concentrate on ensuring people who spout real hatred are prevented from coming into the UK, rather than picking on a wannabe president who is pandering to a domestic and narrow audience.

Isn't Trump the only presidential hopeful who is not in the pockets of the lobbyists? Just asking.
edit on 1/1/2016 by paraphi because: spelling

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Proud to live in a country where Hispanics, Muslims and other countries try to determine who we vote for. Trump will be president and that's fact , anyone who says otherwise must have thought that Mitt Romney was going o beat Obama. Maybe if You hate Trump then align yourself with Rush Limbaugh and Mitt Romney because people like them hate him too, have fun hanging out with Lindsey Graham, Jeb bush and Carly Fingerinher.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is what happens when a "cant be silenced'" , "self funded" , "non-lobbyist that cant be bought" rises in the polls, every neocon and establishment crook goes crazy. That what is happening.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

You have missed the point spectacularly it seems.

Enough people in the UK petitioned so that the British government had to respond. It is mandated to when figures reach a certain number.

Are they banning Jimmy Carter too?

He implennted the identical policy during the hostage crisis.
Fair is fare right?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
He said worse about the Mexicans and no one batted an eye.

I guess all things are not equal in their eyes.

I wonder what makes the difference?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join