It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: onthedownlow
a reply to: crazyewok

Well I vote Obama for your next PM... he will help get you guys serious about your politics again

The way things have gone by the end of his term obama will be a burnt out wreck not fit enough to manage a ice cream stand

So what your saying is he would still be better then the bunch you have in office.

Lol.

Happy New Years everyone.

I would say you cant do any worse......but then labour could have won last election so that statment wont be true.

But as for obama being better than camron? Well i dont think obama has had a BJ from a pig? (And no Michelle doesnt count!)

I appreciate your candor. I am still hopeful that we can find an idiot to steer this country in the right direction, and as long as he can do the job right, and as long as the pig doesn't mind, I don't either

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

Typical... you missed the conversation, but you have a whole lot to say about it. Need some salt on that? Tastes like foot

What did i miss?

Trump and the petition in the UK? I signed it.

The fact that he is a bigot and a bufoon?

What exactly is your issue with this conversation, my interpretation as a UK resident and my opinion on it?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

At least our idiots have the sense to say things in such a way that it can be interpreted differently.

Trump is our Boris and I have time for that as long as we all agree that he is an idiot.

Anyone actually taking them seriously is a little worrying to me.

So you can say disgusting and racist and bigoted and xenophobic things....so long as as you're subtle and ambiguous in the way you say them?? # that man.
I'd rather someone be honest and open about their "isms"
Look at Nick Griffin.... similar to Trump and was on the rise at one point.... got on TV and spouted his intolerant and disgusting views and was never really heard from again.

Same would happen to Trump in UK.
He would get next to no support and be a nobody before he had time to suggest banning Muslims.

People suggesting someone like this would actually be popular in the UK??

GTF...
edit on 1/1/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Typical... you missed the conversation, but you have a whole lot to say about it. Need some salt on that? Tastes like foot

What did i miss?

What exactly is your issue with this conversation, my interpretation as a UK resident and my opinion on it?

I was joking about the UK not caring about her politicians. You are so angry, and you have such a need to be heard, that you missed the joke.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Well I vote Obama for your next PM... he will help get you guys serious about your politics again

That is simply retarded.

I cannot actually believe that I am responding to such an idiotic post but I am.

Utter nonsense madam. Prove me wrong.

Come on brother, we can discuss stuff and have sense of humor together. ATS should be a fun way to exchange opinions. Enjoy it man

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

At least our idiots have the sense to say things in such a way that it can be interpreted differently.

Trump is our Boris and I have time for that as long as we all agree that he is an idiot.

Anyone actually taking them seriously is a little worrying to me.

So you can say disgusting and racist and bigoted and xenophobic things....so long as as you're subtle and ambiguous in the way you say them?? # that man.
I'd rather someone be honest and open about their "isms"
Look at Nick Griffin.... similar to Trump and was on the rise at one point.... got on TV and spouted his intolerant and disgusting views and was never really heard from again.

Same would happen to Trump in UK.
He would get next to no support and be a nobody before he time to suggest banning Muslims.

People suggesting someone like this would actually be popular in the UK??

GTF...

Well no as they are all bufoons.

Griffin was destroyed, Boris will never go beyond mayor now.

We have stupid things like the EDL and Britain First and they are mocked by most and for good reason.

I see Trump in the same way. yes he can be an idiot but he will be seen as one by most.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'd love to read a few ones you could quote.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

What did i miss?

I was joking about the UK not caring about her politicians. You are so angry, and you have such a need to be heard, that you missed the joke.

I will appologise then.

But when you see such hatred and bitterness in the world it can be hard to miss the joke.

So much anger towards people that should all be coming together and I know that sounds a bit hippy but it it makes me sad.

It's funny because people are suffering right????

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I find all this rather pathetic, a classic example of herd mentality and the masses being led by the nose!

So all those outraged folks who signed the petition think it's disgusting for a potential leader to say his country should ban all immigrants from a particular region / religious following, until they can sort out the vetting processes.
Yet, they seem to be just fine with our own leaders and their history of complete destruction of sovereign nations, the deaths of countless innocent people, the supporting of terrorists and displacement of Millions? Where is the outrage against all that I ask?

I swear ol' Suck-a-turd could instigate some new Farcebook campaign to call for iPods for all cuttlefish and people would follow the new meme and call for government action immediately.

I often wonder at the inability these days for people to actually think objectively for themselves, preferring as they do to follow the herd and not look like an outsider. In this instance, they all shout for someone who proposed a radical and necessary solution to be shouted down, whilst at the same time calling for the government to protect them.

link   
As I said before, his biggest lapse is in foreign policy / knowledge. Not even in office, and a country is talking about banning him? You think it will get better? He doesn't know key players, names.. who leads what groups, he knows nada. He will bumble around like a bull in a china shop, and piss off our allies, and anger our enemies. You can't be all bluster when those who are "standing up to" can call your bluff with great force.

link   

Exactly... Trump would gain zero traction in the UK.
I've seen some Americans suggest that Britain is jealous because we don't have someone with the integrity and honesty of Trump and I just laugh.
The guy has zero integrity and just mocks anyone and everyone, has no decency and is rude, hateful and intolerant.

Apparently these are redeeming qualities across the pond to many.

Trump is THE most popular candidate in the US presidential race.

That is an embarrassment.... truly.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I'd love to read a few ones you could quote.

We were making idiots before you even had a country.

Where do you think you got your muppets from?

Our stock that is where. we made your idiots.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If anyone missed 2015 Wipe (Charlie Brooker) here is the bit on Trump.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1/1/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
The carefully worded government statement in the OP for one thing. The cabinet have dismissed it, the home secretary could ban Trump if she wanted to right now, she chooses not to. Parliament debate is lip service nothing more.

...Cameron's government are certainly singing from a similar song sheet as Trump though, just look at the French side of the channel tunnel and the thousands of migrant Muslim men who the UK won't let through.
edit on 1.1.2016 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What did i miss?

I will appologise then.

But when you see such hatred and bitterness in the world it can be hard to miss the joke.

So much anger towards people that should all be coming together and I know that sounds a bit hippy but it it makes me sad.

Are you blaming Trump for the woes in the world? That is what is so funny. Islam needs to suck it up a little... yeah, just because a small minority of them. I have a thick skin, so say what you want, I can take it. But, if you think Trump is the problem, someone with no current political influence, you are mistaken. If we want to right this ship some ugly things are gonna need to be said, and we are all going to need thicker skins

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: neformore

Utterly ridiculous feel good, PC bullsh#t....

Please expand on this comment.

I feel that your single line with swearwords included does not contribute to this discussion.

You, my friend, are allowed to feel whatever you wish to feel.

However, I stated my opinion. And, that is all any of us can actually do here, is state opinion.

And just to clarify, it was one swear word, not swear words plural.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What did i miss?

I will appologise then.

Are you blaming Trump for the woes in the world? That is what is so funny. Islam needs to suck it up a little... yeah, just because a small minority of them. I have a thick skin, so say what you want, I can take it. But, if you think Trump is the problem, someone with no current political influence, you are mistaken. If we want to right this ship some ugly things are gonna need to be said, and we are all going to need thicker skins

well yes as it happens I am calling out Trump.

A rich fat horrible man with only his own agenda at heart.

I have a huge problem with that, does he care about muslims or the average american joe?

No, he cares about himself and his own agenda.

So yes I have an issue with this man, a big one.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a reply to: neformore

Utterly ridiculous feel good, PC bullsh#t....

Please expand on this comment.

I feel that your single line with swearwords included does not contribute to this discussion.

You, my friend, are allowed to feel whatever you wish to feel.

However, I stated my opinion. And, that is all any of us can actually do here, is state opinion.

And just to clarify, it was one swear word, not swear words plural.

Ok you used one one swear word.

And yes you expressed an opinion.

Would you like to expand on that opinion now?

edit on 1/1/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

See, this is where you're the ignorant one. Japan doesn't ban Islam, do a google search next time...
edit on 1-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Not that I can't see your point, but there is a bigger picture. Star for you, please never stop trying to change the world. I hope we find peace in my lifetime.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join