It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ttt..tt..e..nnnn...ddddeggggreeees in tttt.wennttty..ssdsixxxteen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
And I am freezing my nerds off.

Happy new year !!!

I hope you all have a wonderful 2016.

***huddles closer to burning barrel with tattered gloves***

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Happy new year.

I'd kill for 10 degrees right now, if you're talking Celsius that is, if not, then we have the same temperature. Of course, we haven't yet hit the cold part of winter where it will reach -40

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

O told my people that we would pay for the weather in December,...

Well, the banker is here!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Happy new year.

I'd kill for 10 degrees right now, if you're talking Celsius that is, if not, then we have the same temperature. Of course, we haven't yet hit the cold part of winter where it will reach -40

I feel you on that. Earlier my family and I got pizza to cook and to keep us warm. The winter holidays start to feel bad when it's always too cold, and hot food seems to be the only thing able to warm me up. Happy New Year guys!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I guess non drinkers get bestowed with the honor of facilities firewatch. And tonight I am the winner of that.

So I will be hanging out with any other late owls for company here.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Nice weather down under
In the tropics
It has been a cool Summer so far
I hate the cold

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Now down to 9.

-13 wind chill.

Cant wait to get home in a nice toasty bed.

Cant wait.....

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Happy New Years to you night owls

Appreciate you are up working so the rest of us can be off!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Invasion of the nocturnal people.

I think many of you deserve a break anyways. I am honored to keep the lights on for ya.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It's 30 in western Kentucky but that feels really, really cold because last week at this time it was in the high 60s and we had doors and windows open to let the heat from all the Christmas cooking out of the house! Such a shock to the system. T-shirt and sandals on Christmas then overcoat and boots on New Year's.
We realized the cold was coming when we saw the birds congregating and emptying out the feeders on the porch. They hadn't touched any of the food we've put out for them at Christmas until two days ago. Cardinals, at least three pairs, chickadees, woodpeckers, towhees, just about every winter bird showed up for the feast.
Happy New Year to one and all!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
10 degrees now, and 2.5 hours before I can go home and slurp down some hot coffee, snuggle my dog, and crawl into a pre-warmed bed with my wife. God I cant wait.

Edit to add: it is now a balmy -12 wind chill now, so things are looking up.

edit on 1-1-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

the coldest I've been was 0 degrees plus crazy wind blowing snow into the house on a mountain side.. we had to go out the back door cause the front door led into 7 feet of snow haha.... And we ran out of oil to heat our home and no money to pay another 300 or whatever to get a refill, not that they could get to us to do it anyway..

so 0 degrees F is like -18 degrees C..

Here now I have no heat on and I'm sort of warm with a light jacket. This winter so far is like fall or spring.

spring 2016 will be so nice. I love 2016 already. My new favorite year.

Be good everyone,

Happy new year.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Crap. Down to 9 again, wind picked up, -15 wind chill, and one hour to go.

Coldest I ever experienced was in LP Michigan as a teen. -70 wind chill, car was frosted on the inside, heater core frozen, and tires lopsided while driving to work. Ended up staying at work 2 days and nights.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Try to keep warm, ring-bearer.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I will. Thanks.

Thawing out the truck now. Gonna be a sad sleepy zombie in less than an hour.

Happy new years everyone. I am going to bed.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just one more post.

Home and happy now.

I live near the canyon, and as such the wind is alot more at home. It is so cold the snow just floats around the roads like a whiteout of dandelion fuzzies. Alot of drifting out here. Nothing for my 4x4 though. The old truck is a champ.

I was surprised to actually drive past a drunk trying to get home. At dawn even. I thought about calling and reporting (i have a thread here somewhere or maybe on ID about when I was almost killed by a drunk driver years ago, so I hate em seriously), but at the bottom of the hill was a few police cars and several snow/salt trucks clearing a bad icy spot. So they will get an op to do what needs to be done. And as bad as she was driving, she will be noticed.

Now, preparing to put on jammies and sneak into bed with my frozen feet and hands to cuddle the wife.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Crap. Down to 9 again, wind picked up, -15 wind chill, and one hour to go.

Coldest I ever experienced was in LP Michigan as a teen. -70 wind chill, car was frosted on the inside, heater core frozen, and tires lopsided while driving to work. Ended up staying at work 2 days and nights.

not bad. I had to work outside for 12 hours in -60c (-76f) for a couple of days before. Interesting experience. At those temperatures, steel can shatter

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I feel for you. Drink something hot.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have.

And I woke up the wife accidentally, and she got up.

And now I cant sleep.

Edit to add: i wasnt really outside the whole time, and there wasnt a firebarrel nor tattered gloves.

I was on facilities firewatch where I had the whole place to myself. But I did have to do rounds to check on everything. And someone turned down the heat. It was about 55 everywhere inside. I did have to go outside often enough, which prompted me to post this. Shoulda been upfront that that was exaggerated. My apologies.

But it was a long night and damn cold anyways.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm watching the Rose Parade from Pasadena CA and surprised to see everyone in coats, scarves and ear muffs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join