It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

260 Days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That's interesting, if true. I think the elites know something about the times and ages. Just look at what I wrote about the Gregorian calendar; there are elements of the Mayan, Hebrew and Babylonian calendars hidden within it. I don't think it's pure coincidence.

To be honest, I don't get why people get so tied up in knots over predictions. Seems like their insecure about something. I always love reading about predictions and theories, no matter how mundane.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I recall reading something about the Queen of England saying enjoy your last Christmas. Anybody in the UK hear or read about that? I'm sure something was left out of the article to make it sound like she knew something catastrophic was coming in 2016. Doom and gloom never stops.

That was a satire website, which they also did for the Pope.

Satire Link

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Just look at what I wrote about the Gregorian calendar; there are elements of the Mayan, Hebrew and Babylonian calendars hidden within it.

Yes, indeed. They all count days and years and track the seasons. How strange.
edit on 12/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Its not strange that calendars track seasons. Its strange that the Gregorian calendar incorporates elements that are unique to various cultures, for example the 260 day Tzolkin and the Feast of Trumpets.

You have a reputation of being objective. I suggest that you live up to it.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What is the evidence that a primitive people who believed in throwing sacrificed humans into lakes to appease rain gods and and daily bloodletting to smear on idols would be the most accurate predictors for the end of the world?

Where is the evidence for the Solomon passing information to them through traders? Why would solomon not be the one to come up with the end of the world date and list it in the torah? Wouldn't the true god give that information to his true disciple not some tribal heathens?

Why would a Christian believe in such pagan idolatry ?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Its strange that the Gregorian calendar incorporates elements that are unique to various cultures, for example the 260 day Tzolkin and the Feast of Trumpets.

You have not demonstrated that it does. But you did make me reread your OP. All you've done is posted nonsense.

In order to tie this all together, the designer of the Gregorian calendar ensured that each leap year resulted in Dec 21 (solstice) falling on the 355th day (lunar year), and the Feast of Trumpets (Sept 16th) falling on the 260th day (Tzolkin).

Leap years have nothing to do with ensuring when any particular date occurs. They have to do with ensuring that every date occurs at the same time of year every year. There are leap years because a year is not 365 days long. A year is 365.25 days long. This means that each year the calendar loses one quarter of a day. If no correction were made, the whole calendar would go out of whack and be useless for anything. So, every 4 years a correction is made.

But you know the actual solstice does not always occur on the 21st, right? You know that on this very year the solstice occurred on the 22nd, right? The 356th day of the year.

wwp.greenwichmeantime.com...

edit on 12/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The Paleo-Hebrew calendar begins and ends with the Vernal Equinox. This places Yom Theruah around Sept 16th of each year. If you include the omitted 5.25 days/year in the Mayan calendar, it extends to Yom Theruah 2016.

I should have said that the Mayans PROBABLY got the info from Solomon. There is evidence that the Phoenician traded with South America, and the king of Tyre helped Solomon build his temple, so the connection is not unlikely.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Of course the Gregorian calendar incorporates elements from other calendars. Since all the creators of every calendar in existence lived on Earth, and the basic units of time (days, years) are the same, they will all end up counting in the same way.

Every calendar I have ever owned ends. Usually on 31st December. The myans weren't going to make in infinitely long calendar, they didn't have enough space on their intended design to do so.

What the OP has posted is pure nonsense, and a thinly veiled attempt at some kind of in-house crazies recognition grab
edit on 2-1-2016 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join