It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian refugees help out flood victims in the UK.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just read about this and thought good on you.
Yasser al-Jassem a Syrian refugee said "The people of Greater Manchester have been very good to us and so we wanted to offer our help to them" well as a Manc I knew us lot would be alright with you all and If you are alright with folk they are alright with you.
He also said.
“As Syrian refugees, we are honoured to take part in community service initiatives such as this to give back to the communities that have so warmly taken us in.

“I put out a call through WhatsApp and immediately had many other Syrian refugees join me.

“It shows that we are very much interested in not only becoming a part of British society, but also contributing to it.”

Well Yasser you and millions of others have been welcomed to our shore in the past and to become part of all that is Great...us lot

www.independent.co.uk... tml

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

Never met a Syrian can't wait to meet one and have a chin wag.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What? Grateful Syrian refugees assisting the community they have been warmly received by?

Beautiful.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thing is my ancestors came over during the French revolution and was warmly welcomed (yes I know the shame) and we did okay I hope all these guys and gals do also.
Just like the millions before.
edit on 31-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Mine came from Holland and Ireland, but I'm English. These people will do exactly what my Great Great Grandparents did, settle into English society and prosper. I just hope their children do not have to fight and die in any wars that my Great Great Grandparents children did.

These shores have welcomed people from all around the World, for many many centuries. I just hope we continue to show the same hospitality as we always have, well, almost always have.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Well blooming said!!.
Makes me proud it does.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Great story. I think the attitudes of people like you two are a story in and of themselves. Welcoming and brotherhood don't do well at breeding terrorism. Building walls and threatening lives do. I wish we had more of a pervasive attitude like you guys here in the US. It's there, but it's kinda hidden and silent, what with the "with us or against us" / Fortress 'Murica nonsense and all.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good for them! Shows they are good people and want to help.

I know I have my moments at times and say bad things about people but I really like this and can only say

Good for them. Glad they could help.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's just Britain, there's nothing great here anymore.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

It's an awful lot better than Syria right now, but let's ignore that.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wonderful story!

Hey, what's WhatsApp? I get that in my junk e-mail and have no idea what it is or where it's coming from. I always delete them.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Very heart warming. Such a fantiastic photo opportunity for those who successfully make it across the Channel from the Calais affront.

I'll believe they want to part of the UK society when they let their women take a full and meaningful part in UK life.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Remember that when you next need medical attention

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
It's just Britain, there's nothing great here anymore.

You forget the people dude.
If only me lol

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I use WhatsApp to send free texts using my WiFi connection rather than wasting my own texts. Free for first year then costs like 69p or something. When you sign up it shows you the people who use it who are on your contact list. My wife put it on my phone for me and so it may do more.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Seriously, I don't like to cast doubt upon their motives but this story looks so staged its ridiculous !

What were the real motives for filling a few sand bags?

Show me the call for volunteers to fill sand bags, I live here I've not seen or heard any.

More likely their homes were under threat so they complained and got a few bags of sand dropped off and a few mates around to help them. The vehicle they are using isn't council either....

I call BS

top topics

join