It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nessie search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A man, Dan Taylor, has made a homemade sub to explore the lake of scottlands lochness monster. He has once before in a sub in 1960 but it could only stay underwater for one day, his homemade sub can last 6 weeks. I wonder if scottland will summon the help of local wizards to cast a protective sheild over the lake.

www.lowcountrynow.com...

[edit on 6-1-2005 by waltzonthesun]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Great find

I do hope he gets the extra half a mil he needs and then we all can finally know whats in that loch

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here' a link to a slightly different view. While I must confess that I find Jan Sundberg a little bit of a stargazer, I completely agree on his crude financial analysis of the operation. The local business owners and tourist board don't want the truth: they just want turists to keep flocking to the Loch. The last two years have been very disappointing for these persons: while tourists keep on flocking, their numbers are not growing and more people each year come to the Loch just for sightseeing. They don't buy insipid Nessie merchandise and go for a "monster" cruise anymore. That's due to the dwindling number of sightings and the debunking of "solid" proofs that took place in the last few years. Should Taylor not find anything (the most likely case), they would be toasted. Should Taylor find out that Nessie is just a big fish (a sturgeon, for example), they would be toasted too. In fact, only if Taylor finds something glamorous they would be saved. A mate of mine went to Loch Ness to talk to a local Nessie researcher: while the place is great for a vacation, the researcher's job is made really hard by all the pressure the local business community put on his/her shoulders. Logical and mundane theories are not welcome, nor are clear photos showing the "monster" to be a stray Gray seal or a flock of ducks. In fact, the only welcome evidences are murky photos and suspect sightings.

join