It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy New Year?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well, to be honest, it'd have to work pretty hard to be worse...

*sigh*

2015, quite frankly, sucked.

Lost my father just a few days ago, on Christmas. Lost a few other family members this year, as well. The planet seems to be spiraling towards another global conflagration, though maybe not... All in all, not a banner year.

But, hey, 2016 will be better. Various sorrows will heal, they always do. I still have all my sibs. ...and things are looking up financially, which never ceases to amaze me since I'm unemployed at the moment, but investments are working well...so there's that.

The sun will come up in 2016 just like it always has, every morning. Bringing with it the chance for opportunity to knock, no ones fault but my own if I don't answer the knock. No matter how bad the yesterday, today and tomorrow will be brand new.

Life, when you get down to it, is what you make of it.

So, ending on that note...

May the coming New Year be, for you and yours, prosperous and full of joy in every way imaginable.

Happy New Year, ATS.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Wishing you a Happier 2016 seagull and to ATS in general , here's hoping we don't get vaporized , abducted or infected next year.

edit on 31-12-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

So sorry to hear of your loss ...

2016 ... !

Positive vibes your... and all our ways !!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Happy New years my friend.
May life treat you well and I wish the best for you in the New Year.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Just 2 more hours to go till the new year, if you live on the east coast of Australia...

2016 is gonna be a good year, I'm sure of it.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Something for all ...

edit on 31-12-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Happy New year, Seagull. I am very sorry for y our loss.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm in OZ too ... all the best - and here's hoping the emergency staff - have bugger all to do !!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Happy New Year ladies and gents. Tonight my family and I are going to throw a big pizza party to celebrate. We're going to have delicious Hawaiian and Supreme pizza, sprites, and so much more. Though it would be fun to see the fireworks, I'm just happy being somewhere nice and warm later tonight.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

As you say seagull, 2016 could only be worse than 2015, if all of the suck were concentrated into one location...like the part of Donald Trump above the neck, for example...

In all seriousness though seagull, I am sorry for your losses, and all I can say is that I wish you and your family the best for the new year ahead. Godspeed to you!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Happy Hogmanay!
May 2016 bring good health and happy times to everyone on ATS.

I'm so sorry to hear about your father, seagull. I lost mine recently and nothing quite prepares you for the void that follows.
May your wounds heal swiftly and be filled with the very best of his memories.

B xxx

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Happy New Year Seagull ,and to all members. 2015 was a seriously challenging year for myself and almost everyone I know. If I learned anything it is to deeply cherish the happy moments between crisis and tragedies. It helps keep the depression demon at bay. No matter how low life takes you,there is always an up.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

This year, we lost my father in law, brother in law. Mother in law, nephew, aunt, and a very long time friend. Ive had enough loss and feel you pain.

Now all we need is alien invasion, Niburu, and the coming of the AntiChrist all before the first strike of midnight to make 2015 truly horrid.

I wish you a better 2016, Seagull. One filled with merriment and peace.

I lift a cold one in your general direction.

edit on 31-12-2015 by NewzNose because: Sleep depravity

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sucked for me too.

I've decided not to have any New Year's resolutions. I need a New Year's *revolution*.

Here's to putting the HAPPY into this New Year.
edit on 12/31/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Happy New Year my friend, I am sure 2016 will be a great year for you. Have a drink on me.

edit on 31-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Sorry for you losses seagull

My beloved Dad passed away on New Years Day 2015 ... New Year will never be the same again for me or my family ...
Dads passing was all too quickly followed by a series of deaths of close one's ... we go on but we never forget those with whom we have shared both laughter and tears.

Who knows what 2016 will bring ... the only thing that will not change is our shared Humanity

I am working today and tomorrow on a last minute commission ... which I am grateful for
Painting portraits makes me observe the person ... you have to have empathy for your subject to capture some of what they truly are ... each have their own story ... their love's and losses

What I am trying to say is
As I grow older I realise more and more that we are all Human Beings and all bleed red and cry salt tears
If only we could learn to love and respect one another and be strong in speaking truth ... Then I know the world would become a better place for all

So I raise a glass or should that be a paintbrush to 2016 and the Human Race
edit on 31-12-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss... And on Christmas day... That indeed sucks. Cyber hug to you, my friend.

You're so right... Life is what you make of it. I am the driver of this vehicle and I say where it goes and how it gets there. My actions and thoughts control my experience. I wish you everything good in the coming year and may it be a very Happy New Year for you!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry I can't think of anything else to say. Losing a parent sucks. Losing on on a holiday sucks worse. Anywho, hopefully 2016 will be better. At any rate, like a friend of mine used to say, it could be worse. You could have VD.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I know your pain and sorrow in the loss of your Father. I lost mine 8 years ago and my Mother just two months ago. Here is a big hug and the hopes of a better New Year for you and all our wonderful members here.

It's rather ironic that at the end of every year, everyone is so happy to see it go and a new one begin. When that one comes and is ending we are happy again to see it go. LOL I guess a new year gives us hope and new beginnings, like Spring and its promise of renewal or something like that.

Much love to you all!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join