It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guidance to Unarmed Aviation Police: Run and Hide (Chicago O'hare)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I wasn't really sure of what forum to put this in.

I was stunned. These officers are trained and sworn in just like Chicago police. However, they are not armed. They are directed to 'run and hide' in case of an active terror/shooter event. It is singular to just this airport, a very busy one. I think it is ridiculous.

Source

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

And what are they supposed to do? They're unarmed so they can't shoot back.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I was stunned. These officers are trained and sworn in just like Chicago police. However, they are not armed. They are directed to 'run and hide' in case of an active terror/shooter event. It is singular to just this airport, a very busy one. I think it is ridiculous.

Source

might teach them to develop more peaceful skills in how to handle and diffuse issues as opposed to just blow em away cos quicker and easier.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was just thinking the same thing. What can anyone who is unarmed do in this type of situation. Seem's pretty straightforward to me, who wouldn't hide if a terroristic freakjob started reaping havoc.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I wouldn't but I think that is beside the point.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Which one Tex?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

"who wouldn't hide if a terroristic freakjob started reaping havoc. "

I was responding to this

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

"who wouldn't hide if a terroristic freakjob started reaping havoc. "

I was responding to this

Oh. lol..

Upon reading here, I was thinking about that thread recently regarding Police shooting armed children and pregnant women. CNN isn't exactly a quality wholesome and truthful news site, much like other programming out there.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: reldra

And what are they supposed to do? They're unarmed so they can't shoot back.

I was thinking that they should have guns as they are real police.

I think you misread what I meant and the thrust of the video.
edit on 31-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Source

might teach them to develop more peaceful skills in how to handle and diffuse issues as opposed to just blow em away cos quicker and easier.

I was thinking about a terror or active shooter situation, that they should have guns. You can't use peaceful skills for those, generally.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I was stunned. These officers are trained and sworn in just like Chicago police. However, they are not armed.

How did I not read that correctly? They're not cops. They're sworn in as police so that they can perform some of the duties of police such as writing parking tickets. They're not cops, they have no weapons, under any circumstances.

So again, what is an unarmed person supposed to do in an active shooter situation? Throw rocks at them?
edit on 12/31/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I was stunned. These officers are trained and sworn in just like Chicago police. However, they are not armed.

So again, what is an unarmed person supposed to do in an active shooter situation? Throw rocks at them?

I know this is slightly beside the point but you can in fact fight against a ambush,armed or unarmed, infantry strategy says to charge when ambushed.

and i say this less to counter what you are saying, but more to put the information out there so that people reading do not lay down and willfully lose their lives.

Link

But instead of taking in scenic European countrysides, he was taking on an attacker aboard a zipping train.

Skarlatos heard gunfire and breaking glass, and sensed something was wrong. When the suspect appeared with a gun in their car, he mobilized others.

He is the one who yelled "get him" after he heard a gunshot and noticed that the gunman's weapon appeared to be jammed.

"The guy had a lot of ammo," Skarlatos said of the attacker. "His intentions were pretty clear."

Once they charged at him, he seized the gunman's rifle and pounded him in the head with the muzzle repeatedly.

edit on 31-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
(Bad guys appear)

"Everyone, don't do anything, we'll take care of this." - spoken by government

They need to figure out which side the bad guys are on. Us or them.

(This will require a quick call to Exxon)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I don't understand, are these people actual police or are they civilians with some police powers? I am ignorant of the role of these people so that is why I am asking.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Duane McGray, executive director of the Airport Law Enforcement Agencies Network, said, "All airports are required to do is provide sufficient police resources" and "the numbers vary airport to airport."

Why NOT then just call/label/add them TSA lousy @$$ payroll and call it good???

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

They're civilians with some police powers. They're not actual police.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you, that makes a lot more sense of the thing then.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Being Chicago this was probably more of a "turf issue.
Chicago PD thinking they are the only ones who should be armed.
Treatiing other cops like they do the citizens, that's a first.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

All airports have a group that has some police powers. They have to so they can write parking tickets, and perform other minor police services. You have to be a deputy to do those activities, but that doesn't make you a police officer.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Being as though there are on so many police/civilian shootings there; I would be more fearful of the "armed Police" than the weary traveler

top topics

<<   2 >>

join